PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham Handling

OPS1978
27th Feb 2008, 15:59
Turkmenistan are the latest contract to leave swissport feels like we are losing contracts faster than the titanic was taking in water who will be next?.

tickerdboo
27th Feb 2008, 17:29
Turkmenistan did not leave Swissport, Swissport got rid of Turkmenistan as it didn't fit in with the "businness model", if anybody know what this is please let us know as it got me beat........

BHX86
27th Feb 2008, 18:30
Who is turkmenistan going to now? Also heard a rumour that PK might be going to Servisair, apparently the rumour is that Servisair have already won the contract for baggage handling and ramp and are now just waiting to hear on the passenger services side.

Also anybody know the reason for the heavy EK landing last night?

tickerdboo
27th Feb 2008, 20:33
Ive had it on good ground too that PIA might be leaving Swissport

Kazamb
27th Feb 2008, 21:35
Are PIA really going back to good old servisair?

legalize
28th Feb 2008, 01:17
If pia do go back to servisair I think it will be a bad thing for them. You actually get to a stage where you have taken on to much work and end up losing it just as quick.

bazzab68
28th Feb 2008, 04:15
So where are Turk going?? Servisair are at breaking point surely with all the expansion from FR and the FCA contract. Aviance could use them as a replacement for Uzbek but the Turk who knows.......

Barry

RollNow!
28th Feb 2008, 11:19
Dont know about the servisair PIA thing there was one point when they were meant to have been sniffing around aviance. As were air india apparently.

Would the Uzbek fit in with Aviance at the moment with the MYT thing aswell? Im going to take a guess the amount of flights between turk and uzbek were relativley similar?

Captain Caveman
28th Feb 2008, 11:29
Bring back Aviation Support - all is forgiven! he he he he!

Is Aj still alive by the way? :}

RollNow!
28th Feb 2008, 12:09
Never saw this guy... mildly famous it seems though :}

What was the straw that actually broke AS's company "back" in the end. Only thing i was ever told is that he turned up on the apron one day was was told "no you dont son..." and wasnt able to 'operate' any more?

BHX86
28th Feb 2008, 12:20
Im not too sure there was much truth in the air india going to aviance rumour at the time. As far as i am aware it was the air india manager instigating those rumours, because he apparently worked for aviance on the uzbek contract before moving to air india and loved the place a bit too much. I know the contract is up for renewal, so who knows what is going to happen now!!

RollNow!
28th Feb 2008, 12:25
Ah him! Well i think ill assume thats not going to happen then ... i think aviance handle AirIndia in various other stations mostly in London. Maybe thats why. Cant remember that guys name but ive heard about him and uzbek

Captain Caveman
28th Feb 2008, 14:54
Mr G we will call him, worked for Uzbek and now is Assistant SM at AI. Nice guy, gets on well with all at BHX, and think he asked Aviance for a price as they worked hard for Uzbek and did a good job.

RollNow!
28th Feb 2008, 15:10
Ive heard allllll about Uzbek pax with their ironing boards and various other household goods. Apparently the ramp used to look like a sea of orange heavy tags when the Aviance loaders brought all of it out of rollerbay. One c/i girl i heard was offered what seemed to be half the contents of a kitchen when she told an uzbek pap the price of the excess :D

Penaulle (spelling sorry lol) do A/C cleaning as far as im aware they do all of it. Dunno about the de-iceing im afraid.

legalize
28th Feb 2008, 16:31
As this AJ guy fom avaition support goes, you have to give it to him. They guy is a LEGEND!!! I mean look at what he at what he accomplished. He blagged everyone on the airport and actually got a license to operate. He was dodgy but what a character!!

TCX69
28th Feb 2008, 16:31
Airline Services do most/all of the de-icing at BHX.

RollNow!
28th Feb 2008, 17:51
Does anyone know what (if anything at all) is going on with Swiss Air? I heard a rumour not so long ago they were going to move with lufthansa as part of the star alliance to the same agent. At BHX thats Aviance. Any truth to this at all :confused:

groundhogbhx
28th Feb 2008, 19:56
Swiss are staying with Swissport, until Swissport decide it doesn't fit in with the 'business model':ugh::ugh:

Deicing is done by Servisair, Aviance and Airline Services with the latter doing the majority.

legalize
28th Feb 2008, 22:09
Can someone share the 'business model' joke please

tickerdboo
29th Feb 2008, 04:17
Welcome to the Swissport Giveaway

Hands up who wants LTE, the Turk and Globespan............

stupot7783
29th Feb 2008, 08:00
I think what people are talking about is Swissport getting rid of any airlines that are losing them money to handle!

Time to dig out the CV again me thinks.

groundhogbhx
29th Feb 2008, 08:21
Strange that T5 now lose money, they made the company plenty when they first started with Swissport.

abbs
29th Feb 2008, 10:27
we all know the nature of this business swings and roundabouts, it's just swissports turn to lose contracts in 18 months time it'll be 1 of the others, whoever gets the new contracts has problems with staffing(mainly keeping them) it takes a special breed to work our shifts with the poor wages we get and once the quality of service slips the airlines move on, at the end of the day all the handling agents are the same we all have good and bad working for us the only difference is the t-shirt, with all the work serviceair have it'll be nice to see them running round for a change, saying that knowing my management and how we scrape by i'll probably be running round myself! to all at swissport that may unfortunatly lose their jobs because airlines don't fit in with management 'business model' :ugh:remember theres always a t-shirt with aviance or serviceair waiting.:{

groundhogbhx
29th Feb 2008, 11:21
They aren't losing contracts, they're giving them away:ugh:

Already got the MAS(Aviance) and Circusair t-shirts and have no wish to go back, maybe it's time to look at another career somewhere else :sad:

OPS1978
29th Feb 2008, 12:46
we can always go and work for flybe dedicated ground handeling oh my mistake we do allready if our top mangement had it's way?

BHX86
9th Mar 2008, 10:12
Anybody have any definite news on who Turkmenistan is going to be handled by?

RollNow!
9th Mar 2008, 13:54
Not heard a thing BUT..... naughty summer april is right around the bend someone will have to handle them so it will all come out of the woodwork in a few weeks im sure :}

Sprogston Green
9th Mar 2008, 15:29
Aviance would be odds on to handle them (I would think) as T5 are handled by them in LHR and I doubt Servisair would want any more contracts at present for fear of expanding too quickly. Mind you, nothing would surprise me, is there room for another handling agent perhaps? (doubt it would be financially viable to set one up without gaining a big schedule throughout the day operator such as WW, BE, LH or the proposed FR schedule). Anyway better go and cheer Mr P up.:{

BHX86
11th Mar 2008, 13:00
At Servisair BHX, most employees are put on teams (i.e. The Emirates team, The Continental team, The SN Brussels team). These have their rosters 6 months in advance and therefore can plan their social lives 6 months in advance. New starters are 9 times out of 10 put on a part time roster until their is a need to be put them on a full time team roster. Their roster is usually only issued a week to 2 weeks in advance.

Captain Caveman
11th Mar 2008, 17:06
LTE have been served notice TS and PK went out to tender to Aviance and S'Air and T5 have gone to Aviance

Is all this true ?

Answers on a postcard to:

The Little Empty Ops Office (Used to be very busy)
End of International Pier
Terminal 1
Birmingham International Airport
Birmingham
B26 3QJ

:ok:

OPS1978
21st Mar 2008, 13:20
I no what you mean and the company telling us we can not book leave in apr or may what gives them the right to tell us we we can have our leave. Well done mangement feels like a prison camp been told when we can have leave just to fit in with the "Business model", oh and well done letting our ops manager go.

BHX86
22nd Mar 2008, 00:49
Any confirmation on who Turkmenistan is going to?? I'm sure they are moving from Servisair sometime next month. Also anybody got any news on other handling agent business e.g. airlines moving handling agents etc.

p.s. Servisair are having a big reshuffle in terms of how there daily operations are managed. They are currently recruiting 3 duty managers, 3 supervisors and 3 allocators. I think it is because of the Ryanair expansion and moving to T2.

finding_nema
23rd Mar 2008, 16:31
Has it been decided yet whether Servisair are doing an individual T1 operation and T2 operation like Swissport, or whether the entire thing is going to be mixed? I'm starting a week tomorrow and just keen to see what people know.

bmibaby.com
31st Mar 2008, 23:16
Back to the handling agents briefly, Menzies I'm sure would like to get their toe in at BHX. They've done a great job, albeit with the inevitable hiccup from time to time, at EMA and MAN for WW, though know aviance would fight tooth and nail to save the BHX contract. Not sure how loyal BE are to Swissport or whether Menzies would move in on just 1 contract like ZB.

MAG-BHX
1st Apr 2008, 03:19
Any Idea when this 4th Handling agent is supposed to be starting ?

I've heard a few rumours that Menzies are taking over Swissports ops, any truth in that ?

Cheers

Habana2118
1st Apr 2008, 22:34
Is Menzies defo going to BHX then? and have they got MON/ZB? surprised if so as they tend to use Swissport and Aviance elsewhere!

PRLB
10th Apr 2008, 09:55
The latest from the saga that is swissport how an earth can they make the most experience ops supervisor redundant bloody fools they really have shot themselves in the foot this time?. I think that working to rule is about to start no more staying over and certainly no starting early because they don't have the staff to cover the flights because the roster has been cocked up. Can not mangement make a decision without asking permission from HQ?. Reminds me of a school having to ask the teacher everthing putting your hand up and asking to go to the toilet. It all fell apart when PR left and they got the contract for a certain airline in T2:ugh::ugh:

RollNow!
10th Apr 2008, 15:14
Aviance HAVE got the Turk contract starting in a few weeks. Dont how long for, if its a trial run or totally permentant but they have gone to Aviance.

finding_nema
10th Apr 2008, 22:20
Menzies aren't definitely coming into BHX at all, though I have heard that the Monarch contract is up for tender or, as with most airlines, they're always open to offers.

groundhogbhx
11th Apr 2008, 08:14
For a handling agent not looking to start operations there is a lot of equipment over the old side, and a nice big Menzies sign over the door. Baby or Monarch seems to be the only question because I can't see it being a cheap place to store equipment for other bases.

MAG-BHX
11th Apr 2008, 18:11
The big sign over the door is for MENZIES "CARGO" not ramp ops

groundhogbhx
11th Apr 2008, 19:31
All part of the same company. Still a strange place to keep ramp equipment if they don't intend to use it.

legalize
12th Apr 2008, 21:23
From what I have heard from various contacts at Swissport there is definately something going on behind the scenes. Apparently a lot of the most experienced staff members have been made redundant from all departments (unfairly, from what i hear) Equipment seems to be dissapearing as quick as the contracts. I smell a takeover or complete pull out coming up!! Definately reminds me of the Titanic!!

RollNow!
13th Apr 2008, 14:11
might just be hear say as with a lot of things in airports but i think some of swissports equipment has vanished and somehow ended up on the aprons of MAN. Seems to be all their newer kit aswell hmmmm

groundhogbhx
20th Apr 2008, 08:21
Sadly, at 6 this morning Swissport's T1 Ops office passed away. It will be greatly missed by all those who worked there, through good times and bad. I have been fortunate to work there for it's whole life and worked with some wonderful staff, and one or two complete plonkers. Good luck to all those left behind, I fear you will need it :sad:

OPS1978
20th Apr 2008, 09:15
I feel we will need all the help we can get.You never know more people might jump ship sooner than we think. Good luck.

beefster
20th Apr 2008, 18:52
Groundhogbhx

I personally have enjoyed working with you for the last 8 years and wish you all the best with what ever you go on to do and hope to see you around. I know what you mean about lots of great staff and also the few plonkers that we have had to put up with over the years. Unfortunatly I will still have to put up with them for a while longer untill the place closes down which i dont think will be too much longer

groundhogbhx
20th Apr 2008, 21:30
Beefster

Thanks, I'll be back in a few weeks with the circus, you don't get rid of me that easily. My thoughts are with those left behind, if the departures that I am told are being planned it could be a very tough summer:sad:

OPS1978
21st Apr 2008, 11:16
groundhogbhx

Thanks for all you have done for me over the last 7yrs good luck in what ever you are going to do at the circus what more departures are planned getting rid of despatchers next then?. I always owe you a lot for getting me the job at good old groundstar many thanks:D:ok:

legalize
21st Apr 2008, 20:01
Cannot say to much at the moment but there will be a BIG BIG airline changing handling agents in oct/nov!!

Remember where you heard it 1st!!!!!:ok::ok:

bazzab68
21st Apr 2008, 20:05
You mean EK to Swissport. Up for tender yes at the moment, due to change end of July if it does but changing who knows........

Barry bhx

legalize
21st Apr 2008, 20:06
Cannot say to much at the moment but there will be a BIG BIG airline changing handling agents in oct/nov!!

Remember where you heard it 1st!!!!!:ok::ok:

legalize
21st Apr 2008, 20:48
i am 95% certain of who u are...8 years service is a long service in this day and age..im sure your company will lose out on a wealth of experience gained over those years!! All the best in the future mate:ok::ok:

groundhogbhx
21st Apr 2008, 21:18
Legalize

If you do the job I think you do then you would definitely know me, we were a very small band at the start and I seemed to spend a lot of time in the terminal helping out. I believe many share your view and it is their loss, maybe one they will regret if the rumour I heard just before I left comes true. I'm not going far, just taking a couple of steps back and getting back out to the sharp end instead of flying a desk. Thanks for the good wishes :ok:

ZeBedie
21st Apr 2008, 21:27
Is Colin Horton still working as a dispatcher at BHX?

groundhogbhx
21st Apr 2008, 21:30
Yes, still see him regularly as he lives just round the corner.

beefster
22nd Apr 2008, 20:46
Legalize

Groundhogbhx may have 8 years under his belt at Swissport/Groundstar as do I but he has god knows how many years at both Servisair and MAS before that and has done almost every job you can think of airside including trying to fly 737s which he tells me he was really good at but im not to sure about that http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/infopop/icons/icon6.gif (only joking Mate). He is most definatley a big loss to Swissport and a great gain for Servisair

groundhogbhx
23rd Apr 2008, 12:21
:O Cash or cheque:}

legalize
23rd Apr 2008, 20:50
"Cash or cheque"???

Groundhogbhx

Is that a refering to your big pay out you will be getting soon??? And I dont mean your redundancy!!!!!:oh::oh::oh:

groundhogbhx
23rd Apr 2008, 21:27
Most certainly not, just want to know how much for the compliments. Anyway I don't do the lottery, but it is nearly premium bond time again:ok: Unfortunately the wife is already out spending the redundancy in Mothercare, Boots, ELC..............:eek:

MAG-BHX
24th Apr 2008, 10:26
what ramp equipment are you talking about ?

We dont keep ramp equip in the Cargo shed.

groundhogbhx
30th Apr 2008, 21:52
Any update on how the changes are working? If the bits filtering through are what a normal day is like it is turning out rougher than I thought. I hope things improve soon and keep smiling, it makes them wonder what is happening :ok:

OPS1978
1st May 2008, 14:46
Groundhogbhx

Monarch's taking a hit now been left hanging of stand as there is nobody to meet them all tiedup in T2 And when do set DGS no one avail to chock them. Swiss full bag ID today aswell 2 extra bags on flight. So it is getting intresting I bet the circus is fun.:ugh::ugh:

groundhogbhx
1st May 2008, 21:06
Life is great at the circus, doing proper training which is great as most is just revision for me at the moment!!!

I've heard that the PSA's are getting mixed up, Flybe doing Monarch and others from T1 who haven't done Flybe in years just getting dropped on it and being told they will be fine. Also hear that they can't fill vacancies.

Any sign of anyone else leaving yet?

beefster
2nd May 2008, 08:23
Groundhogbhx

I have told them to shove Team Leader were the sun doesnt shine as i refuse to do Flybe paperwork and they wont let me just look after the real aircraft.:ugh::ugh: GI has got a new job at COV:eek: and a couple of other team leaders have handed in there notice. Like OPS1978 said ZBs are left without anybody to meet them on the dinner time arrivals because the morning boys are stuck with Flybes and afternoon lads start 20-30 mins after ZBs arrive. Some people in ops dont bother to advise of aircraft changes so there have been a few problems there but dont worry everything will be tickityboo.:ok:

OPS1978
2nd May 2008, 18:40
Beefster

You are right in everything you say fair play and love the one about"real aircraft" great:D:D:D:ok::ok:,Full bag Id on yesterday's LX caused by Check in well done,

Groundhogbhx might look after swiss again the way things are going heard rumour KM might be returning to the circus aswell..

BHX86
2nd May 2008, 20:39
Last I heard, that EK had signed another 3 years with Servisair, and AI another year. Can anybody confirm this??

tickerdboo
2nd May 2008, 20:40
beefster

The phrase Tickerdboo is copyright by me := as for the operation here at swissport we have seen better days, but with so many staff leaving things are bound to get a bit more sporty around here. Overtime anybody

groundhogbhx
2nd May 2008, 20:53
Go on, who is leaving now?? I hear new names just about every week linked to moves else where.

tickerdboo
2nd May 2008, 21:55
well cant say any names but I belive you worked the same shift line as him

groundhogbhx
2nd May 2008, 22:27
Try one I don't know about!! Bet I could name some more:ok:

tickerdboo
3rd May 2008, 03:20
oh go on do tell........

Captain Caveman
3rd May 2008, 08:00
A380 I heard AI for one and EK may only be one not three but both resigned yes.

finding_nema
3rd May 2008, 09:51
Memos are out for staff that we have Air India for another year and Emirates for another three. This summer we've also gained LTE, Koral Blue and Viking. I've heard Air Malta aren't best pleased with the service they're getting with Swissport, but haven't heard whether they've approached Servisair to take it back.

legalize
3rd May 2008, 20:15
"Memos are out for staff that we have Air India for another year and Emirates for another three."

I wouldnt be 100% sure about that mate. Before any memos are released to handling agents they come into our office 1st, direct from the airlines. I dont rememember reading one regarding EK:=:=

finding_nema
4th May 2008, 01:31
Unless I totally misread it, it was posted on our main office board next to the AI memo earlier in the week.

RollNow!
5th May 2008, 11:36
Theres a few things hopping around at the mo about EK really liking servisair ramp / dispatch but no the "front of house" stuff. Is it going to end up as one of those split agent deals you think?

GroundBunnie
22nd May 2008, 12:34
Any truth in the rumour that Swissport BHX is becoming BAR Mk II?

GB

OPS1978
22nd May 2008, 13:33
GroundBunnie

What do you mean about swissport bhx?. Going bankrupt and closing is that what you mean.

GroundBunnie
22nd May 2008, 14:24
OPS

No - referring to the management team. Looks like a lot of ex-BAR to me

GB

groundhogbhx
23rd May 2008, 11:02
Only the Station Manager and Airside Operations Manager, but they are retreating into T2 and shedding staff as well as work so OPS1978 could be right. Won't be too long now until they find out if that is going to happen!!

tickerdboo
23rd May 2008, 12:32
Swissports pay offer for this year.........0%

pleass place votes in the ballot box......

legalize
23rd May 2008, 23:26
"Swissports pay offer for this year.........0%

pleass place votes in the ballot box......"

Im assuming thats a joke or a typical bhx rumour. How can 0% be a pay rise?

groundhogbhx
24th May 2008, 09:56
That's the point, they aren't offering one and the staff aren't happy.

beefster
24th May 2008, 12:24
The offer is 0% on basic and shift
You dont lose the 1st 3 days sick as you used to
And a new bonus scheme which could be worth up to £300 a year(wow) then If you die your family will receive 1 years pay :ugh::ugh:

Looks like the best deal is to drop dead

We may have lost airlines but we are working harder than ever with less staff. Sure it wont be long before we have a day on strike or will all be looking for alternative employment

tickerdboo
26th May 2008, 03:57
I think that a strike is in order, lets face it the whole place is going down hill fast, I dont know of one person who can say that they want to be working for Swissport other then to pay the bills..........

greuzi
26th May 2008, 09:13
All,

There is no magic wand here whether you work for Aviance, Menzies, Swissport, Servisair et all.

With oil around 135 USD a barrel, airlines will struggle. Get set to see old fleets getting laid up particularly in the US where all sorts of old types are still flying. We will see a period of mergers, network reduction and ultimately less overall business for the handlers who will continue to fight for the business that remains. Airlines will squeeze every cent they can to offset their cost increases.

It is not all lost. Just look at BA's recent profit announcement despite the fuel surcharge fine and lost baggage long before the final hit which was T5. Imagine the figures without those problems and you see there is hope. The ME and China will maintain the overall growth in our industry too.

But there will also be more bad news as well..

http://triangle.bizjournals.com/triangle/othercities/denver/stories/2008/05/19/daily27.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/may/24/theairlineindustry.travelnews

Lets just all keep positive and weather the storm.

legalize
26th May 2008, 22:07
This sounds like typical tactics used by management. Next they will be telling you about how they are not making money and how they could close due to a strike. I use to work at LHR and my old company shut down. All workers (apart from management) were offered alternative employment with other handling agents.

The bottom line is swissport could shut, but the airlines will continue to fly!!

What managent dont realise is that silly pay offers like this do nothing but stir up more hatred and bad morale amongst the workforce. Looks like you boys will be roasting marshmellows at the picket line!!:ok::ok:

Whilst your managemnt are inside :{:{:{:{:{

groundhand
27th May 2008, 09:04
Just for the record, what are management supposed to offer workers when their business is losing money, their customers are hurting and looking for cost savings and the industry, as a whole, is in turmoil?

Annual pay awards are all very nice but are not mandatory. Employee expectation is always that they will receive an annual award higher than inflation; customer expectation is that their handling charges will either not increase or will increase at less than inflation. The airport will increase charges as they see fit; the government will meddle and inevitably add to business costs.

From previous posts it would seem that the operation is not 'fat' in terms of labour; and labour is the biggest cost for a Ground Handling company. You can trim equipment replacement; but only for a limited period and this can backfire with much higher maintenance costs; you can reduce other overheads such as office space etc. but most GH's have been doing this for years and there is no flex left in their operations.

So I ask again, what is a reasonable pay award in this current climate?

OPS1978
27th May 2008, 10:53
From what people are saying I think we should go on strike Mangement have been getting away with to much the last 2 yrs working us to the bone sometimes not giving us enough hours between shifts, Not giving us enough staff or the proper training to do the tasks asked of us. I think industrail action would be the best thing we could do. If nothing else might untie the workers and get morale back which at the moment is around the zero mark:{:{:ugh::ugh:

legalize
29th May 2008, 21:31
Groundhand

You even sound like management!!

Something along the lines of inflation is fair in this current climate. Id companies were not making money they would not be operating. For years now i have seen handling agents all over the uk abusing their staff to maximise their profits so they can fill their fat greedy bellies!!

groundhogbhx
3rd Jun 2008, 21:30
I hear from my former work mates that Monarch have given Swissport 60 days. Will they pull it round or is it for real this time??

Black n Blacker
4th Jun 2008, 10:21
the words swissport and training dont go togeather:ugh::ugh::ugh:

OPS1978
4th Jun 2008, 12:33
I have been there 8 yrs and taught most of what i know myself or by asking captains from airlines to show me bloody disgrace :{:{

Sam1664
4th Jun 2008, 15:11
I've also heard that Monarch have given swissport 60 day's notice to improve!

legalize
5th Jun 2008, 00:47
These rumours have been doing the rounds for years now. Honestly, can you really see an airline whose OTP is well in the nineties leaving a handling agent to go to another one who will be concentrating solely on Ryanair at the moment. I know this is a 'rumour' network, but we have to look at things sensibly as well.

OPS1978
5th Jun 2008, 08:38
Who's saying if monarch do leave swissport the would go to servisiar anyway could their be another new ground handling company coming into bhx?:ok::ok:

legalize
5th Jun 2008, 11:43
ops1978

Your the only one thinking 'sensibly' Maybe a new handling agent will be for the best. Especially for your boys.:ok:

OPS1978
5th Jun 2008, 12:26
Legalize re an extra handling agent all I can say is watch this space.If it does happen can see alot of old groundstar people jumping ship me included:ok:

BHX86
16th Jun 2008, 11:37
I heard a rumour yesterday at the airport that Swissport had been issued with an 'improve your performance' notice. Does anybody know if there is any truth in this and if it is true what the implications to Swissport are?

groundhogbhx
16th Jun 2008, 21:47
Try reading from post #98 onwards:ok:

legalize
16th Jun 2008, 22:26
Just heard that my old MAS pal 'Tony Williams' has jacked as well from his Duty Officer position. Another big loss, he was a man of much experience,dedication and professionalism. What are Swissport playing at???

groundhogbhx
17th Jun 2008, 08:37
I'm told he was hauled over the coals for helping the Ramp staff on an aircraft!!! Only two ramp guys so he went to muck in:(

OPS1978
17th Jun 2008, 09:04
GROUNDHOGBHX

It was because he put steps on a monarch A321 on his own after it waited on stand for 40 mins as no ramp staff would do it themselves they said "were not trained to move steps" Thats what I was told good bloke anyway and will be missed.:D:D

legalize
17th Jun 2008, 13:11
What makes me laugh is the fact that Swissport managemnt would sit in airport meetings and have a good laugh and joke at the expense of Aviation Support services (AJ). In my opinion Swissport are worse as they have backing from big companies and they still can't do the job properly.

Bring back ASS !!!

OPS1978
17th Jun 2008, 14:49
Leagalize

Swissport prob wont be here in 6 months so dont worry about it... Your right though:ok:

tickerdboo
17th Jun 2008, 21:29
Things are really starting to get sporty at Swissport, those who are still left are working harder and harder while we lose staff left right and center. lets hope we can pull up before we hit the rocks..........

Any thoughts??????

RollNow!
18th Jun 2008, 00:00
Swissport prob wont be here in 6 months so dont worry about it... Your right though:ok:I dont work for swissport so i cant say ive seen the insides of the downturn but some of your guys look totally knackered.

I saw the PIA come on to 41 today with no stand guidance systems and only one guy there. Thats not a "knock" im just sayig it seems that swissport really are stretched at the moment. Whats the actual plan or dont they have one? Or dont they care? OR is it all of the above?

tickerdboo
18th Jun 2008, 11:18
Something to do with a driving permit me thinks.....:ugh::ugh::ugh:

splash&dash
18th Jun 2008, 13:29
Bring back ASS !!! :mad:

No way! Unreliable, unsafe, under staffed, zero training and no kit! At least under the previous manager.
I wouldnt have thought BIA would re issue them with a work permit in a hurry.

Come on Swissport management! A global company! Sort this mess out :suspect:

groundhogbhx
18th Jun 2008, 13:39
Latest on the Monarch saga is that they are no longer on 60 days improvement, they are now on 90 days termination according to what I was told this morning:eek: Anyone care to confirm or deny, this is very bad for the few staff left. Swissport are in real trouble now by the look of it, no Ops Sup last night or today and load control passed to NCL.:sad:

RollNow!
18th Jun 2008, 14:30
Centralised L/C in NCL Groundhog? When did that happen?

Thing is ... if ZB do terminate Swissport where are they going to go??

This might have been discussed previously but seriously ... can any of the other agents at BHX take them right now? Thats a lot of flights.

groundhogbhx
18th Jun 2008, 17:16
Not centralised, NCL doing loadsheets because there are no load controllers on shift. Despatchers are doing there own and NCL doing flybe!!

Word this morning was that ZB were Servisair bound, but both agents would have trouble finding room for them at the moment unless staff came from Swissport with them. I know a few that would move but doubt it would be enough.

RollNow!
18th Jun 2008, 17:29
Well where ever they end up if they go from SP someone is in for a rough ride trying to squeeze all that work in! :{

OPS1978
18th Jun 2008, 19:02
groundhogbhx

If Monarch do leave Swissport and go to servisair .A certain Despatcher would have to follow them wouldn't he?:ok:

beefster
18th Jun 2008, 20:20
Apperently the 60 day notice was applied to other stations but not BHX as they think the service is still good at BHX. They are either blind or stupid if that is right or our management are lying through the teeth

Load control was not passed to NCL in the end. God knows how but managed to get it covered for the rest of today but who knows what will happen tomorrow

nclops
19th Jun 2008, 20:51
Haven't you got one of our guys down there helping out in load control!

Black n Blacker
20th Jun 2008, 16:27
rumour has it monarch will move to cov, now they have perm for the new terminal

RollNow!
20th Jun 2008, 17:11
I have heard the same thing about BE since Ryanair have arrived in T2... hmmmm

call100
20th Jun 2008, 20:39
They have not got permission yet....They were denied at the public enquiry, a High Court hearing is scheduled for July 21st I believe.
So all those rumours are Bogus as usual.

manxramper
21st Jun 2008, 18:34
Heard rumour Airbase Flight Support looking at BHX for further expansion

tickerdboo
23rd Jun 2008, 09:18
another one bites the dust, you find out who your friends are, it all comes out in the end ha ha ha

MAG-BHX
24th Jun 2008, 22:04
Anybody know anything about Turkish Airlines flying into BHX, all I know is that its probably 3 times a week to IST.

OPS1978
25th Jun 2008, 13:02
Has anyone found any Diamonds of a swiss flight heard swissport didnt off load them from the lunch time swiss flight swiss not happy oh well welcome to swissport!!!! :D:D

RollNow!
25th Jun 2008, 21:06
Diamonds ?? as in wedding ring , people have wars over shiny rock real diamonds? lol Thats gotta be a record!

Should have driven a tug into the nose, might have been cheaper! :}

OPS1978
2nd Jul 2008, 14:12
Swissport pay offer

I have heard whisperings that things are not looking too good for the staff of swissport bhx the pay offer quoted from the company is totally laughable intresting to see what happens:ugh:

RollNow!
2nd Jul 2008, 20:12
Heard down the grapevine that its ZB are off to Servisair as of the winter for sure. Possibility of an Aug departure from Swissport

legalize
2nd Jul 2008, 21:08
OPS1978

I heard about your pay offer. Absoloutley disgusting!! I think its time for "EVERYBODY OUT!!"

You guys have nothing to worry about. If Swissport shuts down it doesnt mean your customer airlines are going anywhere. Also i have friends in very high places at BHX who reliably inform me that there is another handling agent waiting to come in. Currently they are biding their time just waiting for the right airlines to come their way. I can honestly say, this company will be better for you guys and are known for looking after the workforce and not demoralising it.
Watch this space:ok:

OPS1978
3rd Jul 2008, 11:19
Legalize

I Hope you are right and if its the same people i have heard is coming into bhx would jump ship straight away take Monarch,PK,Swiss,Turkmenistan. They will then leave swissport with the only airline tha counts to them "flybe" then hey maybe we can work back in a proper terminal T1.

Lets hope? The old groundastar staff need saving by someone we can trust.:D

ASCOT Ops Retd
6th Jul 2008, 12:14
Swissport pay offer

I have heard whisperings that things are not looking too good for the staff of swissport bhx the pay offer quoted from the company is totally laughable intresting to see what happens
Laughable pay offer? Cool - when can I start?

OPS1978
6th Jul 2008, 15:19
Monarch Contract Bhx....

The way things are going do Swissport really want the contract after a disgraceful service over the weekend Loading delays on 2 seperate flights and was told that the outbound pax were onboard before the inbound bags had been even offloaded well done swissport right way to keep your longest and loyal customer happy. How long while they put up with this not long i fear another Quality airline on the way, Any jobs servsair:ok:

tickerdboo
7th Jul 2008, 03:35
So any takers for the DM job at Swissport, :)

OPS1978
7th Jul 2008, 17:35
BHXvine not likley been a puppet and doing everything the low cost airline tells you what to do after all they do own dont they? well they think they do!!!:ugh::ugh:

groundhogbhx
7th Jul 2008, 22:30
A replacement for TW or have you been careless and lost another one????

bejw2008
8th Jul 2008, 13:29
Well now lets see, so far, as far as I'm awear
the only person who is intrested, works, or
tries to work in Load Control. Not the best choice...
Maybe managment at Swissport will be tempted to
"keep it in the family" I hope she gets it, should be
a laugh to see the performance, but will she take it?

I don't think she would have the bottle! or has she?

tickerdboo
14th Jul 2008, 19:39
Well the new chap in swissport ops lasted long......

OPS1978
15th Jul 2008, 13:44
we were far to profesional for him tickerdboo not!!!!!

groundhogbhx
17th Jul 2008, 21:35
Sure it wasn't tickerdboo's sparkling wit and repartee:}

legalize
18th Jul 2008, 11:12
Tickerdeboo

Who was the new guy? Has him leaving left your department stretched?

big3836
29th Jul 2008, 06:06
I hear on good advice( from BIA staff) that SP have no money at bhx nor will have any to spend
last legs this summer

OPS1978
29th Jul 2008, 10:17
we will see well at least we can get our redundancey great!!!!!

OPS1978
29th Jul 2008, 16:26
So I was told a flybe got airborne today with the wrong bags onboard and had to return to BHX to get the correct bags well done swissport another great day at the office when will it all end!!!:D:D

beefster
4th Aug 2008, 14:06
OPS1978

I was not the wrong bags onboard and come back for the right bags it was just paperwork didnt match one said 30 bags and the other said 31 bags and it was not picked up by the Team leader :ugh: only by the ops supervisor just as it went airbourne

groundhogbhx
4th Aug 2008, 22:48
I see the KM from MLA had a long wait for steps tonight, drove past a couple of times and saw it with the door open and busses waiting but no steps.

big3836
5th Aug 2008, 20:45
they are getting worse! doubt they will here 2009, poor pax have to wait in the arrivals hall all the time,just what you need hour and half flight and hour and half for your bags :*

BHX86
8th Aug 2008, 13:40
Does anybody know who will be handling Turkish from December??