PDA

View Full Version : The Flying School!

ads1963
27th Feb 2008, 06:03
My son has to undertake for his studies a project paper called: The Flying School! :ugh::ugh::ugh:

The Parameters are:

Cash US$ 10 Million
Return of Investment: max. 5 years
Interest Rates on short term loans: 10%
Interest of long term loans: 7.5%

I told him: Put it into the bank and call the bank account The Flying School and you might be able to save the money but he insists to do it.

Now you guys out there: Is such a project feasible and if you think yes, how would you structure your school?

:confused::confused::confused:

WildDart
27th Feb 2008, 07:41
Hmmmm if this is business studies subject, i have just completed a similar project, it was seeing the feasibility of setting up a business venture.

Firstly i had an idea of a flying school in my area, but soon got told its a waste of time, and now having completed my coursework i agree.

First of, it will be his first business, therefore no experience is setting up businesses and young. For these factors alone raising 10 million will almost be impossible. So the finance section of the coursework would consist of nothing as it would not be possible and this is a key section of the coursework.

There will be hundreds of issues arising with starting such a large business, therefore stick with a business that has limited or no competition in the area and something where you believe you can get the investment and make a reasonable return in the next few years.

Oh and do not forget, there has to be DEMAND for your product or it will fail, a flying school especially now days are likely to struggle in the UK. To sum it up, I wouldn’t advise in doing it on a flying school, for practicality and grade aspects.

Wish him good luck and put a lot of work into it because in the end it will pay off.

ads1963
27th Feb 2008, 09:32
The anticiapted place of the school should be South East or South Asia. Forgot to mention that.:ok:

WildDart
27th Feb 2008, 10:50
I would consider doing it in your area (if hes not already), as he will have basic knowledge of the area and will understand the market better. When you move to different areas or even countries many barriers will arise such as lanuage, currency, laws and many more (to many to write), all of which will make it more difficuit for yourself.

I would stick to simple business venture, but make sure there is a clear demand for the product or services, these are the ones that will get best grades as your son will find it less complex but will be able to write meaningful and large quanities of work. It worked for me as well.

Keygrip
27th Feb 2008, 13:03
ads1963, can you explain to me which paragraph of the PPRuNe forum rules this post comes under?

Professional Flight Training?

A good response and we'll "move" it, a bad one, I'll delete it. Go ahead when you're ready.

albanianpilot737
27th Feb 2008, 13:34
Hi there, i live in Geneva and i am Doing my ATPL distance and i was wondering if there are any pilots doing the same thing in switcerland hoping to bond and work together to get through this period of ground school.

Please let me know.

If you are a pilot and would like to add another pilot from swiss and you use msn messenger:

[email protected] go ahead and i will be happy to discuss aviation matters..

take care and thanks for your help...

:)