PDA

View Full Version : MEP renewal

Wilga
26th Feb 2008, 18:13
Evening all.
I have an interview in 2 weeks for a regional airline. Already passed the aptitudes. My question is this. I have kept my IR current since completing training 18 months ago. However I have not kept my MEP class rating valid. In hindsight, what I should have done last August when I did my IR renewal was to do the renewal in the aircraft rather than sim and got the MEP rating done aswell. As I didn't do this Iam now faced with the situation of going into an interview and hopefully sim after without the multi class rating. Will the airline look badly on this? Does it really matter as I won't be flying pistons if Iget the job? I am going to get my rating revalidated as I'd like to hire a Seneca etc from time to time when finances allow. I just want to avoid spending £600 on revalidating it right now unless absolutely necessary as I'm counting on spending around £1000 on getting prepared for the sim assesment if Iget through the interview. I'd really appreciate your views on this and any experiences you have had of heard of with a positive/negative outcome..:confused:
Thankyou very much and enjoy your evening:ok:

combineharvester
26th Feb 2008, 18:40
My company allowed me to start a type rating having only the IR current (MEP lapsed by a few weeks) The only proviso was that the MEP had to have been either attained initially, or revalidated within the past 2 years. Wether that was a company policy or a CAA one is beyond my limited knowledge. The only real pre-requisite for an initial Type Rating is a current IR, as far as I am aware.

hope this helps

MIKECR
26th Feb 2008, 20:11
Renewing the MEP rating is pointless. You'll get a new class rating, presumably twin turbine or whatever the aircraft is, when you finish the TR course. All that is required is that your MEIR is current when you start the TR.

Troy McClure
26th Feb 2008, 20:23
My MEP expired last summer when I renewed my IR in a sim to save a few pennies. Half way through 737 type rating now without problems. ME IR is all you need to keep current. It's in LASORS somewhere. You only need an MEP to fly an MEP aeroplane.

Mercenary Pilot
27th Feb 2008, 13:27
Forget about it, the airline wont care. Just make sure your MEIR is valid because you need it to get your TR issued.

Congratulations on the job

:ok:

Wilga
27th Feb 2008, 16:05
Hi
Thankyou all for taking the time to advise me with this matter. Mercenary Pilot, thankyou very much for the congratulations which could be slightly premature as Istill have the interview and sim but Ihope that it will be congratulations to me sometime in the next couple of weeks!!
Good luck to all of you aswell.:ok: