PDA

View Full Version : BAe RECRUITING T-45/T-6 IP'S

CKK
25th Feb 2008, 18:40
BAe offering Pilot IP jobs in Saudi Arabia (Tabuk/Riyadh) to US T-45/T-6 pilots. Looking for information on these jobs. Pro's/Con's/current issues/YGBSM comments. Also looking for day-to-day issues as well as squadron life. Searched old forums and found some good info on questions to ask and quality of life issues. While I'm specifically interested in the Hawk, many friends looking at T-6. Comments on both appreciated.

BEagle
25th Feb 2008, 19:23
Have you ever been to the Magic Kingdom? Particularly the delightful spots of Tabuk or Riyadh?

Whatever salary they offer, tell them to multiply it by 10 and you might take them seriously....

soddim
25th Feb 2008, 20:43
If you go be ready for life in an open prison. Not a bad way to pay off a mortgage or recoup from divorce lawyers but beware of the natives who can get you fired at a moments notice.

Guess it is also not such a good deal if you are on the American tax scheme - works better for Brits who get to earn tax-free if they are not fired for a complete tax year.

Ewan Whosearmy
25th Feb 2008, 22:30
I know a Strike Eagle guy on exchange with the RSAF at the moment - he may not be a T-45 guy, but he might have some good info for you. If you want me to put you in touch with him, PM me your .mil email address.

CKK
29th Feb 2008, 01:30
Any additional enlightenment? Ewan, sent you a PM.

Chronic Snoozer
29th Feb 2008, 05:38
CKK,

PM me if you want the gouge.

CS

Savvy
4th Apr 2008, 20:23
I've been in Riyadh just under 4 years. Things are not what they used to be; Quality of life has taken a severe downturn due to work routine and workload. Plus, the UK Pound has dropped significantly against the Canadian dollar, so I have effectively taken a 25% pay cut in the last 2 years. I don't think its as bad against the US dollar, but the pay doesn't go as far it it use to. PM me if you want more info.

Cheers,

Savvy

hawk77
7th Jun 2008, 06:07
I'm interested in the BAE T-45 contract in Tabuk. Would be bringing my wife and two kids, ages 1 and 5. Looking for any specific feedback relating to life with a family on the compound. Are there many families there to begin with? How's the school on the compound? I can't find much out there relating to the family aspects of living in the Kingdom, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.