PDA

View Full Version : Is there a DWRAF equivalent now a days?

SaddamsLoveChild
25th Feb 2008, 08:45
Not an air related question but it is 'Air' related.

I only ask this question because of the state of some (minority) of the female RAF dress standards. A quick glance around 'Air' last week during a visit saw more than a few ankles/shins on show in half mast trousers. Not to mention the hem line differences caused by over developed gluteus maximus muscles pulling the hems up on some 'larger than they think they are' ladies:eek:. Skirts too small, zips straining at the stress and a general sartorial inelegeance of some of the SO1 and SO2 officers that should know better and set an example.

If there is a DWRAF equivalent in Air to address this? In the tri-service arena we are definately losing against a smart Navy, and an Army uniform that uses camouflage and concealment very well; it also puts me off my mid morning muffin and peppermint tea!!!!

Mr-Burns
25th Feb 2008, 08:59
Yes there is. Shes a big fat thing with a face like an earthworm.

BEagle
25th Feb 2008, 09:05
Torpy, isn't it?

Oh, sorry, DWRAF. I thought you meant 'DWARF'........:p

Mid morning muffin'.....sounds like a good plan to me!

Rossian
25th Feb 2008, 09:40
I haven't the faintest idea who the woman is, but Mr Burns' remark is an exceedingly low blow and really doesn't deserve an airing in this forum. Anywhere else it would be followed by a mewing noise and "Bitchy".
The Ancient Mariner

SaddamsLoveChild
25th Feb 2008, 09:49
There is nothing better than one of Fannys moist muffins but I see the fun police have even had that poster removed from Cafe 1. Can I therefore complain about legs that look like a waffle wrapped in a motorway road map..................:ugh: I thought not.

BEagle
25th Feb 2008, 09:50
You mean the Fabulous Bakin' Boys advert "Our muffins are stickier than Fanny's" - next to a picture of Fanny Craddock?

Made oi larrfff......

Mr-Burns
25th Feb 2008, 09:51
Rossian - Mr Burns hasnt the faintest idea if a DWRAF exists or not. It's spontaneous and called wit.

Wader2
25th Feb 2008, 10:30
As there are now no WRAF I believe that post is defunct.

But it was replaced by a new post called "Advisor Airwomen".

Now I don't know if that still exists but I recall one very hot summer (before global warming) the station commander allowed the airwomen to dispense with tights or stockings on hygenie grounds :}

Someone asked or she found out but AA said thaton no account were the girls to dispense with their tights. To my surprise the order was rescinded.

Now as she was only 'advisor' I would have thought that the staish, if he had balls, would have accepted her advice and carried on as before.

Now I would have thought the Advisor Airwomen would have been the person to whom to ask 'delicate' questions and not actually issue orders.

airborne_artist
25th Feb 2008, 10:36
My PPrune initials are rumbled at last - and I can assure Wader2 and all others that at no time have I suggested that ladies in the RAF should keep their tights on. Far from it - I have been advising them to wear stockings for many years.

Wensleydale
25th Feb 2008, 10:48
I heard a story of when DWRAF carried out an unannounced visit to a Stn in RAFG. She walked into the Staish's office with the question
"And what have you done for equality on this station?"
His reply was "I've banned the WRAF from wearing KD during the summer months because the airmen are not allowed to".

:D Good man!

Mr C Hinecap
25th Feb 2008, 11:22
How about having a word with your SWO? They tend to transcend gender and will take anyone to task over uniform. Failing that, take the issue to OC PMS or similar - and get them to raise it in an appropriate manner.

BEagle
25th Feb 2008, 12:17
Or perhaps to OC PMT?

SADCO
25th Feb 2008, 13:00
"How about having a word with your SWO? They tend to transcend gender and will take anyone to task over uniform. Failing that, take the issue to OC PMS or similar - and get them to raise it in an appropriate manner."

The last time I worked at 'Air', the last people you'd ever see were the SWO and OC PMS.:uhoh: Don't forget that the walk from 1 site to 3 site is actually more physically demanding than the RAF fitness test and therefore Health and Safety prevents personnel from risking injury by elevating their heart rates - something that might have prevented said 'over developed glutes' in the first place. Anyway, don't you realise that those 'well built' :ok:SO1's and 2's are far too important and busy to be concerned with things like leadership, setting examples and maintaining operational fitness level. That sort of thing is for the other Air Force people who go overseas to those nasty places where you can't even watch 'I'm a celebrity...'

adminblunty
25th Feb 2008, 20:59
DWRAF disappeared when the WRAF did. As for the SWO, he can be seen outside one site entrance regularly having discreet chats with the odd officer or two..... I drove past one site today and saw female RAF personnel looking like the needed a trip to stores, tailor or the gym.

Pontius Navigator
25th Feb 2008, 21:13
female RAF personnel looking like the needed a trip to stores, tailor or the gym.

Or all of the above?

Mind you, I know some of the others that could do with that too.
Shall we re-start the RAF FT as it seems to have died a death. I have seen and heard nothing since it was on pprune last year :}

NickB
26th Feb 2008, 12:54
Oh go on - please post a picture of that ad.

I'm sitting here with a silly grin across my face trying to stop myself bursting into laughter...:}

Roland Pulfrew
26th Feb 2008, 13:08
THREAD CREEP ALERT:

Beags wrote...
Quote:
You mean the Fabulous Bakin' Boys advert "Our muffins are stickier than Fanny's" - next to a picture of Fanny Craddock?

Made oi larrfff......

Likewise! First time I saw it, was as I was zipping along the A40, nr their HQ.

I thought it was "Our muffins are moist, like Fanny's" - next to a picture of Fanny Cradock

Or did they run more than one set of adverts?:E

SADCO
26th Feb 2008, 13:20
http://www.bakinboys.co.uk/shop.php?p=j

Actually, it's:

"Our Muffins are moist and sticky, just like Fanny's"