PDA

View Full Version : A previous post...

before landing check list
24th Feb 2008, 22:08
Wasn't there a post here several days ago about a person who was applying for a job as a CFI? I think he was telling a story about a company called American Helicopters. The poster found the story on the web.

Whirlygig
24th Feb 2008, 22:32
Yes there was. It's been deleted either by the originator or the moderator!!!

Cheers

Whirls

TheMonk
24th Feb 2008, 22:51
Was it about American Helicopters in Manassas, VA? Hmmm, interesting, too bad I missed it. I was just there this afternoon to talk to Jerry, The Chief Instructor. I missed him, He wasn't there. They have 3 R22s, 1 R44 and 1 more R44 on the way. On their price list, they listed a 500 at $800/hr dual, but the kid at counter didn't know about the 500.

Too bad I missed the post. I googled for the article and came up empty. What was the jist of the post and the article?

Monk

blithe
25th Feb 2008, 06:01
I think his name is "rob schapiro", if you google him you will find his website.

before landing check list
25th Feb 2008, 06:42
Found it. Thanks blithe. Obviously I was not there and there is 3 sides to every story, however it appears the company did not hold up thier end of the deal.

RMSchapiro
26th Feb 2008, 23:17
Here it from the horse's mouth. It was "Helicopters of America" in Pompano Beach, FL, NOT to be confused with "American Helicopters" in Manassas, VA. The story is available here: http://www.robertschapiro.net/stories/Helicopters%20of%20America.php

dragman
27th Feb 2008, 07:29
Kim, I've got one word to say to you - sign a contract.