PDA

View Full Version : North America to discontinue services to Lagos and Accra

Flying Touareg
22nd Feb 2008, 19:41
North American Airlines has declared its intention to discontinue service to Lagos and Accra as from May 2008 due to rising cost of fuel.However,i think it has to do with the entry of delta into the market?

LongJohnThomas
22nd Feb 2008, 20:29
Seems to me like the competition is getting stiffer with the locals set to do the same routes?
Well, may the best man win!

jagunmolu
22nd Feb 2008, 21:22
Yeah its a typical bussiness decision,the holidays are over,load factor has dropped;of course they need a reason to stop thier services meanwhile, when the price of fuel reduces from sept08 they will resume operations,in the low season they can allow Delta that is obviously better consolidated and which provide better and more reliable services to run the route as non of our supposed competion will ever rival Delta given thier penchant of continous unreliability on the local routes,I will be quite suprised if they can do any better,We continue to siddon look,LJT........Good to see that youre still kicking fine all the best.....c u soon,:ok:

Mr. Smith
22nd Feb 2008, 21:24
North American is actually canceling all "scheduled" flights (including Georgetown) to focus on charter flights. Delta has moved their NYC - LOS start date to Dec '08 so if that were the reason they could have hung around a little longer.

AVSEC
23rd Feb 2008, 01:20
world airways,north american airlines.different names to fool the public,same old ways of doing business.

GulfstreamPilot
13th May 2008, 04:00
They are two different airlines, two different certificates, two different business models, two differnt companies all together.