PDA

View Full Version : CabAir for CPL(H) approx 50k.Anybody been down this route,have any info? Help please!

DRP
22nd Feb 2008, 12:16
Afternoon all,

I am in the process of starting my CPL(H) and weighing up the benefits cons etc of modular vs integrated and costs etc.

Basically I have come across the CabAir route which offers a helpful loan agreement with HSBC to cover the cost of the CPL, in the region of 50k.

Has anybody gone down this route, know of any feedback or information that I may find useful? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

DRP

A and C
22nd Feb 2008, 16:44
Don't know much about rotory wing but the name Cabair is not the best in the fixed wing business.

I am sure that you could do a better deal by searching these forums.

hollingworthp
22nd Feb 2008, 16:52
OAT managed the application process for a semi-sponsored scheme with Bond Helicopters. Might be worth contacting them to see if it is likely to run again. If I remember rightly, it was a full ATPL(H) course in the states with employment based out of Aberdeen after the training. Most of the course costs were covered by Bond and your contibution was around 30k. They paid you some kind of income during the training but I don't remember the details. I think there were some posts on here about it so you might find details if you do a search on Bond.

Haven't heard anything about it recently but it might be worth a shot?

Whirlygig
22nd Feb 2008, 17:28
The Bond scheme is now all finished, done, dusted and closed. Whether they run another, I don't know but it's unlikely for a few years at least as they took on a staggered intake of students.

Cheers

Whirls

DRP
25th Feb 2008, 09:02
anyone else?

Whirlygig
25th Feb 2008, 09:11
Not many helicopter pilots take the integrated route and if they do, they go to Bristow's in Florida!!! Rotorheads is a better forum on which to ask the question - if you got no response there, then I guess there's not people who can help!

Post #2 probably says it all!!

Cheers

Whirls