PDA

View Full Version : CabAir for CPL(H) training approx 50k. Good training facility? Help please

DRP
22nd Feb 2008, 12:14
Afternoon all,

I am in the process of starting my CPL(H) and weighing up the benefits cons etc of modular vs integrated and costs etc.

Basically I have come across the CabAir route which offers a helpful loan agreement with HSBC to cover the cost of the CPL, in the region of 50k.

Has anybody gone down this route, know of any feedback or information that I may find useful? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

DRP

Bravo73
22nd Feb 2008, 15:55
When I had to decide, I could choose between Oxford and Cabair. I chose Oxford. Unfortunately, you don't have this option! :(

If you really want to go 'integrated', I guess that you've got to go to Cabair. But being 'integrated' won't have any discernible benefit over going 'modular'. Save a little bit of cash and go modular. (You will only have 110hrs and a CPL if you go integrated. With modular, you will have 185hrs for about the same price.) You may, however, struggle to find a loan for the total training amount (especially in the current credit climate.)

Either way, don't fall into the trap of believing that getting a CPL is a ticket to a job. This has been covered in depth many times before but you should also budget for an FI rating (£10k-ish, lower risk but, initially, lower returns) or an IR (£30k-ish, higher risk but higher initial returns.)

I hope that this helps and best of luck with your training.

Whirlygig
22nd Feb 2008, 16:30
The only other JAA integrated option, as far as I am aware, Bristow's Academy in Florida. I believe they have quite a long waiting list but may be worth making enquiries.

Cheers

Whirls

DRP
25th Feb 2008, 09:00
anyone else?