PDA

View Full Version : HELP ! Military Logbook to JAR Logbook

starshiptrooper
22nd Feb 2008, 08:21
:confused:Hi there, searched already but couldn't find the exact answers I was looking for. Hope you can help me out !

Thought I had my logbook under control but I few niggles have arisen recently. Please help !

Q. Under instruction in a S/E or M/E heli do the hrs go in the Single pilot or Multi Pilot Time column ?

following on

Q. Under instruction I'm assuming its still dual. Under test conditions is it PIC or dual ? (I understand that PICUS is put in the Holders Op Cap)

Q. Flying in the military both pilots log P1,in the Army and RAF, pilots can claim Captain hrs but no column in the Navy logbook. How do these hours transfer to JAR logbooks. Do all P1 hrs transfer to the PIC column ?

Q. When flying dual crew e.g Lynx, Chinook, I'm assuming that all goes in the Multi Pilot Time ?

Many thanks for your assistance

Senior Pilot
22nd Feb 2008, 08:44
SST,

Under "Similar Threads" at the bottom of this page, you may see this thread: Converting military hours to civilian logbook (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58824) which is in the Military Forum. It may give some clues, albeit 5 years old: BEagle mentions in post #7 the TGDA website, which doesn't give much on a civilian connection, but may reap what you need if you have a Mil access.

starshiptrooper
22nd Feb 2008, 08:48
Thankyou, already had a look at that thread but didn't have the answers to my questions !

Cheers