PDA

View Full Version : CAA CPL and JAA Type Rating

pugwash5
22nd Feb 2008, 07:02
Does anybody know whether having the old CAA CPL means I have to do a type rating with just a CAA approved TRTO or whether any JAA approved one will work? I'm looking at Randhem and RWL in Sweden and Germany respectively, they of course say it's OK but they aren't listed on the CAA website. They have approvals under their own authorities so OK for JAA.
Cheers.

timjimreed
22nd Feb 2008, 07:14
Not sure.

I'd contact the CAA directly and ask them.

Get it in writing from them in case they change their mind afterwards. I have heard of horror stories of people being given conflicting advice!

If it's a UK CAA license they will be able to tell if you can or can't add a rating onto it.

Aymane
23rd Feb 2008, 02:38
Whats the number to the caa
Also does any one have any idea about royal air maroc
and whats the qualifications are

IRISHPILOT
23rd Feb 2008, 03:32
as for their number: www.caa.co.uk

Not sure what your question has to do with the national UK licence, but the qualifications of Royal Air Maroc are:
National Carrier, TRTO. not sure if they have more. Again, www.royalairmaroc.com may be of help.

cheers IP

pugwash5
25th Feb 2008, 19:30
Thanks Timjim, I spoke to CAA and they are sending e mail, apparently it's no problem, the ones listed on the CAA website are just the ones that they have actually approved and all JAA ones are acceptable for both CAA and JAA licences.