PDA

View Full Version : Bristol Question Bank

dm11
21st Feb 2008, 17:08
Now finished reading all the books and progress tests ive been told to hammer the question bank, im told that if i can get my scores upto the 90% mark on the question bank I will pass all the exams, is the question bank that good? I know i should learn the stuff inside out, but working full time with a kid is not that easy, any info on the question bank would be great. A friend I know just sat principles of flight and told me he saw all the questions in the exam from the bank

hollingworthp
21st Feb 2008, 17:12
The BGS question bank is pretty much as close to the real thing as you can get, however, do be aware the CAA are totally within their rights to reject some or all of the JAA questions and replace them with their own totally new ones.

With my first set of ATPLs, the large majority were on Bristol - but for some questions involving calculations, BGS won't be too much help (i.e. M&B, GNav)

HTH

dm11
21st Feb 2008, 17:16
so do you mean that bristols question bank is pretty much the current one that the CAA are using?

hollingworthp
21st Feb 2008, 17:17
Its as close as your going to get.

horsebox
21st Feb 2008, 20:13
Bristol seem to update the question bank periodically, at brush ups I remember seeing lots of very recent feedback which was not yet on line.

The online Q'bank is a good study tool, but you need to still work on any weak areas and make sure your general understanding of a subject is up to scratch.

Mikehotel152
23rd Feb 2008, 12:19
I didn't have access to the QB due to internet access problems, but I gather it is pretty good. I'll will bore you with two contrasting tales.

At Bristol's brush up course you will find that you do a week of lectures on the main area of Gen Nav that come up in the exams, and a second week where you do 'past exam papers' during the day, followed by more as homework. This is great preparation...assuming that the area that Bristol concentrate on are similar to the areas the CAA concentrate on. As it turned out in the Feb Gen Nav exam, the two do not always coincide, leaving many people who did well on the course worried about failure.

The second tale relates to Human and the two Comms exams. Here the QB - or should I say the 'past questions' - provided by Bristol prepares you very well for the actual exam. Maybe we were lucky, but I went through the available feedback questions only once before the exams, going over the ones I got wrong, to see why, and then got 96% for Human and 100% for each of the Comms exams. Now, I am no genius. Without the QB/feedback questions from Bristol, I would not have done as well.

I shall definitely get the QB for Module 2. My plan is to go through the notes fairly quickly and then do the QB religiously until the Brush up course.

pipertommy
23rd Feb 2008, 12:55
Doing it before the brush will help no end!I came across lots of new worded questions in OLQB compared to the progress tests in course work.It may be the difference between doing a resit if you have seen that vital question.
Good luck.