PDA

View Full Version : Multi Engine Rating Abroad?

yellowsubmarine
21st Feb 2008, 12:01
Back when I was planning my CPL I started a rather pointless thread asking if was possible to do the CPL in Spain...the answer was no.

Now I am planning the multi engine rating and had previously assumed this to be part of the CPL, but as it a seperate course maybe I could do it Spain???

Any information from someone with experience of this would be appreciated. Sorry for any ignorance on my part.

Yellow Sub

acuba 290
21st Feb 2008, 13:09
please don't compare CPL and ME. CPL is kind of licence, and ME is just a rating, so i think you can have ME in your for example british license if you done it in Spain, Portugal, Germany, Canada or USA, whereever (important is JAA approved FTO)

only acception at the moment is IR, you have to do it in one of JAA states, hope it changes one day :)

selfin
21st Feb 2008, 16:33
Training for class ratings need not be conducted by FTOs in the State of Licence Issue. Any JAA FTO will do - including those not based in Europe.

For your information Acuba, not all of the JAR-FCL IR training must be done in Europe. Examine the relevant appendix to JAR-FCL 1 for details before venturing to mislead readers.

acuba 290
21st Feb 2008, 23:53
@selfin

well, tell me, in which country not based in Europe, you can make a JAA IR skill test? :)
off couse you can start do some IR training abroad at JAA FTO (Canada, USA), but you have to finish it in Europe at any JAA FTO ;) I am sure on that without to read any documents. If it changes one day, i will be happy myself like many others, who don't want to pay so much for such rating in Europe. And, except of 40h simulator, those 15h flight training, i think better to fly in same place where you make your skill test, IMHO

bajadj
22nd Feb 2008, 02:48
and this is what happens when you google "translate".