PDA

View Full Version : licence conversion at Stapleford Flight centre

aviation buff
21st Feb 2008, 02:01
Has anyone completed a ICAO ATPL licence conversion at SFC lately. They have indicated that it will take 10 hrs training for the CPL licence, and a minimum of 15 hrs of which 5 can be in a twin and 10 in a sim for the IFR side of things. Do you need to do a separate twin rating before commencing the IFR training or can this be done as part of the 5 aircraft hours that is a requirement for the IFR.

Also what is the airport accomadation like and the DA42 aircraft like, is there any disavantages in being trained on this type of aircraft

Cheers in advanced

whyaren'tuflyingboy
27th Feb 2008, 17:41
SFC don't do many licence conversions, ask for examples of recent students and proof of how many hours it really took them. Suggest you also look at Bond I think it is at Cranfield and Airways flight Training at Exeter, AFT do a lot of foreign conversions. Good Luck.

sparks-flying
27th Feb 2008, 18:55
I can't answer any questions about conversions but can say that the on-airfield accomodation is excellent. It is heavily subsidised so you will not get anything nearly as high standard in the area for the price. When I was there an en-suite room was £15 per night and was first class. They also have other rooms for £10 per night.

The tuition is very good and the DA42 is a dream to fly. Some say going back to analogue dials is hard to adapt to after the G1000 glass cockpit but it hasn't posed a problem for me, and I am no "sky god".

Good luck with which ever option you choose.

SF