PDA

View Full Version : Aerofan

HairyMum
20th Feb 2008, 19:16
Has anyone with UK ATPL theory been to Aerofan to do CPL yet? If so, can you tell me anything at all about the place and was there any issues bring the licence back to the UK.

Thanks

springbokandrea
20th Feb 2008, 19:53
I was thinking of doing this a year back - but the result of a long discussion on another board was that it is not possible to do a CPL in Spain with UK ATPLs, as I did my ATPLs in England. This was a while back, and things might have changed, but it was not possible to do it.

Dane-Ger
20th Feb 2008, 22:45
Has there been any change regarding the ATPLs or do they still not accept CAA exams in Spain?

HairyMum
21st Feb 2008, 08:20
OK, so what about greece then?

redout
21st Feb 2008, 17:14
This most definitly cannot be done. The CPL has to be sat under the same authority which you done your 14 ATPL examinations. The only exception to the rule is Ireland and the United Kingdom have a reciprocal agreement in place.

mikeEGNT
21st Feb 2008, 19:46
There seems to be a lot of conflicting views regarding this matter with the CPL issue in spain. Who has confirmed that it is not possible as i would be interested to know as this is the route i was planning on taking.

Mike

springbokandrea
23rd Feb 2008, 00:52
• Have passed the theoretical knowledge examinations for a CPL(A) or ATPL(A) in Spain or, have passed the theoretical knowledge examinations for a CPL(A) or ATPL(A) in any JAA state and have authorization from local Civil Aviation Authority of that state to complete CPL flight training in Spain

The above is taken from the Aerofan website. So it looks like you need approval from the UK CAA if you have UK ATPLs. So I think for a definite yes or no, you need to contact our CAA. But I've never met anyone along the way, or heard of anyone on here doing a Spanish CPL with UK ATPLs.

georgez
23rd Feb 2008, 11:16
I would like to inform everybody that after an Egnatia Aviation request (and determination), the UK and the Hellenic CAA have signed (early 2007) a mutual agreement for accepting each other theory pass certificates. Both UK and Hellenic Authorities have honored this agreement not only for initial CPL or ATPL training but also for FAA to JAA conversions. :)

If you are not sure about the information you give please at least say so in your replies.

Authorities from other JAA member states accept both training and passes without any formal agreement in place, based on the JAA concept of 'mutual recognition' etc, as stated in the first few paragraphs or JAR FCL.

Egnatia Aviation has trained people from 24 different authorities todate and we have never had an issue yet that was not resolved by getting the authorities to talk to each other.

Hopefully EASA will address some of these issues better.

Take care,

George :)

mikeEGNT
23rd Feb 2008, 18:55
I completed my ATPL exams in the UK at Bristol GS and hoped to go to Aerofan to do the CPL . I checked with the UK CAA who told me it is possible to complete the cpl in Spain with UK ATPL. However, after contacting Aerofan i recieved a reply from the Manager stating it is not possible to do the CPL with them with UK ATPL.

From this i have been giving conflicting answers so i dont know where else to help with this subject.

Mike

georgez
23rd Feb 2008, 19:19
mikeEGTN, it all has to do with the ‘JAA Licensing State’, i.e. the authority in which you will apply to issue your license. The authority will check all supplied documentation for validity, accuracy, compliance etc. One of the documents submitted is the ATPL Theory pass certificate, issued by the authority you took the tests with.

The UK CAA, in your case, might not be informed (they do not have to be) if their ATPL Theory pass certificate is or is not accepted by another authority, unless, as in the case of Greece, a mutual agreement is in place.

The Spanish school should know though as no school wants to take the risk of a license issue application, to their authority, is rejected due to the Theory certificate.:ok:

alastair1982
1st Mar 2008, 21:58
I'm currently taking my CPL course and was looking at Aerofan for the MEIR on the Cessna 310. Has anyone been there for it? And can it be recommended?