PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Frozen - Employment

captain87
20th Feb 2008, 17:59
:) Hi all,

I noticed that actually many airlines are going to employ a big amount of pilots due to the deep increase in request; thousands orders per year of new aircraft, old captains retirement etc.
I've been advised that in this period (2008-2010) there are more possibilities for a new qualified ATPL Frozen pilot to be employed, provided that his curriculum is in line with last ICAO requirements (i.e. Level-4 min. english proficiency level) ... Maybe is not so ...
I'm an ATPL Student (Integrated) and so I aim to work very soon indeed
after terminating the course ... cost what it may !
Express your opinion about the topic ...

:ok: Best Regards,
captain87

Aussie
21st Feb 2008, 15:41
Within the last 20years, there hasnt been a time as good as now to get in the hot seat!

B737CLNG
22nd Feb 2008, 15:05
As a experienced pilot I couldn't agree more.
I advice You to start sending CVs right now, 'cause You can only maximize
Your benefits :

1. You will "probably" be invited for some interviews and maybe enroll in some TR bonding scheme which is quite nice (You will get the TR and line experience and after some times You are on Your own).

2. Lot of companies (especially mine) likes motivated candidates so if You send them Your CV from time to time You are not just showing exponential curvature of Your pilots credentials but You actually define Your determination and motivation to work for them (it works believe me).

3. And the definition for all times : TAKE THE FIRST JOB ESPECIALLY IF IT IS MCC.

If You need anything else, don't hasitate...

Good Luck

captain87
22nd Feb 2008, 16:17
B737CLNG
:ok: Thank you very much indeed for your suggestion ! ... I 'll start sending my CV as soon as I finish the course.
Probably this is the right way of doing things ...

Best Regards,
captain87