PDA

View Full Version : North Sea Routes

patcarty2
18th Feb 2008, 21:15
Guys/Girls,
Living just north of Flamborough Head, I pick up twice a day after mid day on my Mode S Basestation, CHC choppers no doubt heading out to/from rigs.

Just out of interest, I would love to know where they go to and from.

Thanks in advance.

Pat
PS: Seeing 12 on the recent evacuation day was more than impressive, but I should add were more than just CHC ones.

helimutt
18th Feb 2008, 21:50
they the aberdeen ones or humberside ones you hear? G-SSSC,D,E at all?

patcarty2
18th Feb 2008, 22:25
Hi Hellimutt,
Just checked the data trail and it includes CHCP and CHCT.

I have so seen from time to time on the folowing Bristow cabs; BGWJ, BIBG and BCLD cabs, 503 and 508 entered. I assume these are a flight numbers.
Pat

Camp Freddie
18th Feb 2008, 23:38
patcarty2,

G-CHCP and G-CHCT are both AW139's and are based at North Denes near Great Yarmouth, and primarily fly to the Leman, Inde, Lapps, & Hewett fields plus other locations including the Tyne and Trent Platforms.

regards

CF

Greeny9
19th Feb 2008, 06:26
'G-CHCP and G-CHCT are both AW139's and are based at North Denes near Great Yarmouth, and primarily fly to the Leman, Inde, Lapps, & Hewett fields plus other locations including the Tyne and Trent Platforms.'

I think you'll find that PRIMARILY they sit in the hangar unserviceable!

helimutt
19th Feb 2008, 06:30
greeny beat me to it. :E

Surprised you don't hear the Humberside 76's. Much closer to you.

patcarty2
19th Feb 2008, 08:26
Thanks guys,
First one showing today is ZZSB from Bristow at 4,525. I have to say 500' is normal. No Flt number however.

It would be nice if the guys entered the Flt number in their Mode S transponder, if that's how it's done.
Pat

helimutt
19th Feb 2008, 12:43
What 365's? The ones on G check or the ones unable to fly due to it being too cold? Can't remember the last time I saw a 365 at HUY. :E

Greeny9
19th Feb 2008, 12:45
The 365N's doing fine offshore even with the heating system disabled!

magbreak
19th Feb 2008, 17:24
On the Bristow side G-BIBG (aka Bristow 503) operates of Norwich. 508 is one of the S61's I think LD, but standing by to hear differently..:}:ok:

atcomarkingtime
19th Feb 2008, 19:26
HELIMUT....no as365 at HUY...mmm....theres me controlling on Anglia Radar day in day out working as365 in and out....nc....um...ez....lnodb...lnomn...to name..er probably most of them

Love the comment bout the 139's...isn't one contracted to be u/s in the hanger day and night!!!!!

atcomarkingtime
19th Feb 2008, 19:28
MAGBREAK....forgot you....BHL507 and 508 are S61:ok:

GREENEY....does the heating system go u/s alot....the leman as65 said his heating had gone and wanted descent the other day....went over my head and told him to stand-by...then I thought about it...:cool:

also....sorry to the guy who's transponder went u/s in s76 G-SSSD the other day....I wasn't very helpful asking him to turn EVERYTHING off for 10 seconds and then back on again like SKY tell us with our didgy boxes....only when the ops room was in laughter did I realise what I'd said!!!:oh:

patcarty2
19th Feb 2008, 19:40
Thank you guys.
PS: To make a full house of types today, along with an S-61 and S-76, G-ISST put in an appearance.
(Plus 3 RN Merlins.)
Pat.

atcomarkingtime
19th Feb 2008, 19:42
PAT.....GZZSB is an AS225 based at PD but works down in EHKD (DEN HELDER) sometimes....you just saw it enroute up high in the sky!! We on Anglia can see them better too at that dizzy height!!!

helimutt
19th Feb 2008, 21:02
atco, you probably working EZ I think but it's the only one working out of HUY and even that is only on the Lehman or something. 2 are away on G check. One changing over from ABZ but held up at Teeside yesterday. No heaters in any of them due tech problem and not allowed to fly in temps below 5 degrees or something. Not pleasant for the crews I bet.
You'll have seen a lot of the 76's busy recently. Overworked I say!! :eek:

Heard your chat with SD about transponder and thought it quite funny.

atcomarkingtime
19th Feb 2008, 21:23
Helimut....glad you found my comment to SD funny...I have to pause at times and think whether a comment has gone down ok or not...but I guess having had my dulcet tones on Anglia now for nearly 11yrs, there's no getting away from me!!! ;)
Sounds to me that us controllers and the good old S76 do have something in common....overworked!!!!!:)

Greeny9
20th Feb 2008, 05:11
Atco,

The heating system on the 365 is not u/s. It was disabled to prevent use, mandated by an instruction from Eurocopter! Soon to be remedied by the replacement of some parts.

Greeny9
20th Feb 2008, 06:43
Nearly right TTT,

EZ leman, EU ETAP, NC canada, OMN on way to Canada, ODB Teeside!
XD and UM Blackpool!

Replacement ducts now in stock!

atcomarkingtime
20th Feb 2008, 07:35
....so you should get them in time for summer then....:cool:

Odi
20th Feb 2008, 10:41
Atcomarkingtime - how did you manage to say you're overworked, and keep a straight face, all at the same time.....

Must be all that hard work walking the 900 miles or so between Anglia and Brent.......... :):):)

atcomarkingtime
20th Feb 2008, 11:38
Hey Odi...don't know if these heli drivers will be too chuffed with us nicking their thread....but you're dead right it is knackering transiting those 900 miles between Ang and Bre but at least now I'll be allowed to stop off at Abz soon too......:p

helimutt
20th Feb 2008, 17:02
greeny, what does U/S stand for? It means unserviceable does it not? ie not able to be used in service? So, if the heating system is disabled for reasons described above, i'd say it was u/s.
Or do you think it's serviceable but can't be used.??? :confused: ;)

ATCO, Just listen out for the geordie git in one of the 76's who appears to have no idea what he's doing or saying!!! :ok: :hmm:

patcarty2
20th Feb 2008, 17:02
Thank you to the Bristow crew today (G-PUMI) who put the Flt No in; 69B.
Any offers what that route is pls, as no joy on the Bristow Pax info URL?
Pat

atcomarkingtime
20th Feb 2008, 17:36
PAT...having been on my sleep day following night shift...I wasnt in work toay but 69B is norm an Aberdeen flight in the AS32...

Helimut....why aye man....can't recall a geordie accent so you'll have to give me more clues....

....BUT..as for "one of the 76's who appears to have no idea what he's doing or saying!!!"......I really couldn't comment!!!!!!!!:D

Seing that two controllers have hacked into your thread here....we at Ice Station Zebra (EGPD) have a thread in the controllers section titled "on bended knee pt iv" if you fancy adding anything there!!

Greeny9
20th Feb 2008, 20:29
Helimutt,

To me u/s is unserviceable ie the system can not work because it is broken. The heating system is not broken, it is disabled ie control wirelocked to the storm light to prevent use. Far from ideal I agree in these temperatures however it is an EC mandate!

ODB is now serviceable with regards the heating and this time tomorrow so will EZ be!

atcomarkingtime
20th Feb 2008, 23:30
I'm so glad to hear that you have heating in the as65..hold on...what am i gonna take the mickey out of now on 125.275...

Limpopo
21st Feb 2008, 11:59
Thank you to the Bristow crew today (G-PUMI) who put the Flt No in; 69B.
Any offers what that route is pls, as no joy on the Bristow Pax info URL?

Pat, 69B is normally an Alba Platform flight from Aberdeen. However, G-PUMI was travelling south at the start of a long journey to new pastures. I suspect that the ferry crew may not have been aware of the FlightID modifications made to transponders now fitted to the AS332Ls, and therefore didn't remove the flight number.

atcomarkingtime
21st Feb 2008, 12:49
TTT....yup that always happens...adds to the daily entertaiment...luckily our ability to listen to two things at once works well....just don't tell any woman I said that!!!:eek:

patcarty2
21st Feb 2008, 16:03
Thanks Limpopo,
That seems to be very common all over.
How come some crew miss the function of inputting the flt number? Is it when they input the plan they just dont fill in the c/s field?
Pat

The Governor
21st Feb 2008, 16:29
Interesting to hear from Angrier Radar on here. Please don't leave the forum and keep up the good work.

Don't be too unkind to our friend from the NE. He is working hard in a new environment which can have a very high workload subject to last minute changes at the whim of the customer.

All these changes may have ramifications for fuel planning, C of G, performance, deck and standby boat availability, procedural approach briefing, IFR alternates, icing etc etc etc.... or he may be trying to eat his bacon roll and drink his coffee at the same time.

atcomarkingtime
21st Feb 2008, 19:20
argh...TTT found the air traffic section and is attempting to hijack it!!!

The GOVERNOR....how do they manage that...eating bacon rolls and drink coffee AND talk on the R/T...its very amuzing when we catch you out!!!

Brilliant Stuff
22nd Feb 2008, 10:01
I was always wondering how it would pan out with both pilots eating their sarnies / drink the soup / spooning their icecream at the same time if the proverbial hit the fan?After all we only had literally 5 minutes within to eat and drink before the next set of checks had to be done or prepare for landing. :} Fortunately we were always lucky.

atcomarkingtime
22nd Feb 2008, 13:37
TTT...yeah go ahead and try to make demands....but I'm sure we've learnt so much over the years that the only answer you'll get is "....er sorry....er was that for us!!!!":oh:

skyline15
22nd Feb 2008, 14:11
>PAT.....GZZSB is an AS225 based at PD but works down in EHKD (DEN HELDER) sometimes

Uh don't think so...just the 332L G-TIGE working out of EHKD.

skyline

atcomarkingtime
22nd Feb 2008, 18:24
aim to please!!!!!:)

atcomarkingtime
23rd Feb 2008, 19:43
Gone quiet on this thread....oops..sorry...its the weekend isn't it!!!!:ouch: