PDA

View Full Version : The varying standard of RAF Luge

LBGR
18th Feb 2008, 15:55
I personally, am disapointed with this years standard of luge within the RAF. According to RAF News:

“There are a couple of people who are clearly gifted with hand eye co-ordination and the ability to actually digest what we are telling them"

If we are to progress as an agile and adaptable Air Force we need to address this situation quickly and start to produce quality lugers (sp?). Think to yourself, when was the last time you practised your luge?

http://www.raf.mod.uk/news/index.cfm?storyid=0D44605A-1143-EC82-2E641863B32FE446

:ok:

L J R
18th Feb 2008, 16:18
Who the F**K has time off to get to do that, let alone have more time off to get good at it??

davejb
18th Feb 2008, 21:31
“A couple of us had accidents but it’s part and parcel of the sport” mused SAC Tech Steve Stewart from RAF Wittering, “You’re going to get banged about but it’s a case of you fall off your horse and you get back on it (see previous link)

- I think I've just spotted the probable cause of the Luge spills, yet again our chaps on the ground are being let down by MOD's failure to provide the correct equipment.

Jackonicko
18th Feb 2008, 21:40
I like the idea of Luge and Skeleton Bob. At the last Winter Olympics there seemed to be some really quite old, really quite porky folk strapped into their lycra doing it. Was it invented as the fastest way to get down the hill to the pub? I just wonder whether, 25 years after I stopped playing competitive rugby, I haven't found a new sport.....

Wensleydale
19th Feb 2008, 06:45
We must be getting close to a medal - the RAF has been going down-hill faster and faster for the last 10 years.

Legalapproach
19th Feb 2008, 21:18
I practice my luge every night in my specially adapted luge simulator.:ok:

Melchett01
19th Feb 2008, 21:57
There are a couple of people who are clearly gifted with hand eye co-ordination .....Exposure to physically and mentally demanding adventurous activity such as the extreme ice sliding ... 'the moral equivalent of war’

I didn't realise that slipping on ice required hand-eye coordination. I would have thought that not skidding around the place required more motor skills than skidding around a sheet of ice. But if that's the case, the next time I go arse over tit on a frosty night on the way home from the pub, can I have a year off and go to the Olympics ? I can provide my own tea tray - it's even painted gold already!

c-bert
20th Feb 2008, 06:59
Wasn't Skeleton Bob one of Super Ted's enemies? :E