PDA

View Full Version : be paid during interviews!

dartagnan
18th Feb 2008, 09:44
Now they pay applicants to pass their selection tests.Whatever of the results, they send you money to your bank account.

http://www.lufthansacityline.com/en/html/jobs/angebot_pilot.html

Allowance for DLR participation of 500 € for GU, 500 € for simulator screening and 1.000 € for FU

I would like to know more about rosters, pay, duty time, ambiance,...

diamond1
18th Feb 2008, 11:38
Yes but do u speak German? All lufthansa owned and co-owned airlines require u to be fluent German!

Knee Trembler
18th Feb 2008, 12:16
Hi,

I'm not at Cityline but know people who are. They are desperate for people at the moment (who can pass DLR that is) and have been lifting the age limit steadily of the last few years (I think it may have gone altogether now).

Pay is good, by German standards, time off is average and there is a lot of night stopping.

The official line is that a "good" standard of German is required. In practice I think a non-German speaker would find it very hard to pass the DLR.

Only one way to find out though :).

KT

An2
18th Feb 2008, 15:15
diamond1 and Kne Trembler,

I suppose you haven't read that page which is linked to?!;)

diamond1
18th Feb 2008, 15:26
Yeh thats why i said u have to speak German!.....?:}

VNA Lotus
18th Feb 2008, 16:06
pprune forum

LH2
18th Feb 2008, 16:20
Unless it's changed in the last couple decades, in Germany an employer is required by law to cover certain costs incurred by a prospective employee in the course of attending an interview (incl. transportation, accommodation, etc.)

Apart from that, as far as I'm aware in the non-aviation world it's the norm for the employer to pay. Of course, the balance of demand and supply might be a bit different :)

TheFlyingDJ
18th Feb 2008, 17:52
This test is not suitable for everyone. It's probably the hardest test ever.
Once failed, no more chances at all.

DLR is used for a lot of German (and non German) airlines.
Beeing paid during the 3 stages is quite nice, German is NOT required at first, but you are required to do something about it before the final stages.
Actually it's just a compensation for your testing 'inconvenience'. (Travel, stay etc..)

Also, when hired, you get 3000efor language courses and eventually, 17k to compensate your flight training costs after 24months of employment.

Cityline has a long list of upgrade candidates,which translates to 7 years of copiloting. Pay is very good. When 6 months on the job, 3500-4000e nett is not un-commen. Check ppjn, it's accurate.

For training: try S und P, ATTC or TwoPilots. They provide DLR training. Lots of ppl go there and pass, but some don't even tho they had the preparation.

When going there, go to hotel Kocks, they give you a small price deduction when staying there for DLR.

dartagnan
19th Feb 2008, 07:37
Once failed, no more chances at all.no more chance for me or for them?, cuz I will be probably flying for someone else, and no more chance for them to get me back.

I am still undecided to waste my time with them,I have some other offers which would suit my needs.

should I take the risk only for them, or should I wait for a better airline?

17k to compensate your flight training costs after 24months of employment.what do you mean? do they pay the type rating? I have 0 euro in my wallet, and I won't borrow any money from banks...

PPJN says 50% tax.
at the end, , pilots are paid 2000 euro/month.
how much tax is for a single & no children copilot?

why CityLine don't pay us to prepare these tests, so they will have more pilots available?:ugh:

They provide DLR training. Lots of ppl go there and pass, but some don't even tho they had the preparation.
what's the point to make these tests then?, when you can just prepare them.
this shows how inacurate these tests are.

Parkbremse
19th Feb 2008, 12:10
actually the package they're currently offering is second to none... and shows how desperate for pilots they really are! They're even recalling people who failed previously at the simulator evaluation... something unthinkable only a short while ago.

free type rating for CRJ200/700/900 + paid accomodation
3000€ per month for the time of your training
17.000€ on top after 24 month
up to 20.000€ if you have any previous bonds

The salary consists of basic pay + allowances + overtime, which kicks in pretty early (due to duty time related salary). All in all net you can expect around 3500€ per month

Wish i was flying for them... had my chance with lh but failed at the very last stage...

5 RINGS
19th Feb 2008, 19:13
Dartagnan,

I'm not too sure THEY would waste THEIR time assessing a guy with such a bad attitude.

I've been reading your posts out there litterally for ages, and to be perfectly honest, if you managed to have yourself a flying job I'm afraid it DOES NOT show.

So please stop your sarcasm and show positive attitude!:ok:

dartagnan
19th Feb 2008, 19:55
it is not a question of good or bad attitude, my poor 5 ring!
it is a question to see if the company worths it or not.
and so far, this company called me without telling me anything except to do some test in Hamburg.
do you think that's normal? if I refuse the job, (if they give me a job), I have to refund everything, so better to know where I go before I regret it!
but my biggest concern, is this GU test.
for now I put them in stand by!

TheFlyingDJ
19th Feb 2008, 20:24
One guy I know has been called after he failed the last stage 7 years ago.

Dart, I am just giving the info here to all.
No one is forcing you to go there and make the tests.

Pay is not 2000 net, but like said before, 3500 to 4500 net a month.

If your biggest concern is the GU, then just don't go.
17k is to pay you compensation for the costs that you have made before applying with CLH.

If you get hired, yes they are providing you with training that includes a type rating on one of their aircraft offcourse.

So far, this is the most reliable airline giving a chance to all lowtimers.

jeroen994
20th Feb 2008, 09:00
Off-topic;

Dartagnan, I get a little frustrated from your posts, and I think I am not the only one. You're always negative! Pleeeeeeeeease stop it! By now we all know what your opinion is on whatever job!

Tyrolean Airways; I agree on the fact that there psychological test might be a bit strange, but hey! At least they pay your whole selection, and if you pass you nowadays can do the typerating for free. I think there are a lot of worse deals you can get.

Now, Lufthansa; As you already know, typerating is free, you even get money for the selection and your still complaining!

One of the arguments you often used is "Why should I pay for the job?"...Well, first of all, I don't know when you started your flying training, but that has been normal for several years so I think you should have known that before you started.

Furthermore, I see in your public profile that you have an A320 typerating... Personally I would choose to pay for my job instead of doing a typerating without a job which comes with it. For the guys who also did this; Don't take is personally, there has been a time I would have done the same but I am sure that I, just like you guys, wouldn't complain as much as Dartagnan does right now.

So Dartagnan, again, please stop make a mess of this forum with your posts. This is something I just wanted to tell you sometime ago, and now it just had to come out... I am sure you will post a respond to this message to tell me I am talking bullsh*t, but I do hope you get the point of my message.

Fletcher Lynd
20th Feb 2008, 10:42
Thanx, jeroen994, for saying what we all feel in there!

Mercenary Pilot
20th Feb 2008, 10:56
The wannabees section wouldnt be what it is without dartagnan, A320 rider, Ronchonner etc! :ok:

Besides the negativity is more than balanced by the dreamers and rose tinted spectacle wears on here. :p

G SXTY
20th Feb 2008, 11:05
And don't forget the ex-wannabes. ;)

sawaya
20th Feb 2008, 16:03
hi guys ang girls i myself i am sick and tired of dartnagan,self proclaimed prophet of doom,very negative of life and everything please do us all a favour and be positive :ugh:

dartagnan
21st Feb 2008, 15:49
mh! maybe you are right, kind of pissed off to be balanced here and there during these interviews and I should be more optimist.

be happy I post here and I let you know they pay us for the interview.
I have been accepted by this airline for the first stage ,still better than Tyrolean.I still regret that I have to ask people on line what's the deal cuz I know nothing about this company.

thanks for your comments and I will see you from my FL390 very soon!:E.

5 RINGS
21st Feb 2008, 18:56
Congratulations Dartagnan!

Best of luck with your selection process!

Don't forget to update us when you get in!

Cheers,

5 Rings