PDA

View Full Version : Info on Namibian Charters..?

kirkegaard
17th Feb 2008, 10:51
Hi,
Anybody here who has worked for either Pleasure Flights or Scenic air. I really need to figure out which is the better company for me, ASAP!
Talked to both operaters and they both seem very nice, but also very simular....
Any opinions or suggestions?

Propellerpilot
17th Feb 2008, 14:52
They are not that similar! Maybe at the beginning but in the end Scenic Air definately has more to offer when you join their Windhoek operation. Swakop is more or less the same Sossusvlei Scenic flight day by day then the odd trip up north to the Himbas or a trip someplace else but thats about it.

In season Pleasure Flights definatly means more money in the Bank, as you get paid by the hour. It depends on what is more important to you - to get as much experience in as little time as possible or one experience repeating itself on a daily basis for more bucks. Also keep in mind Atlantic Aviation is basically the same thing as Pleasure Flights.

airwolf29382000
18th Feb 2008, 13:06
Hey guys.

Do you maybe know about other charter companies in Namibia or Botswana who will consider employing new commercial pilots that has just qualified?

MrBurberry
18th Feb 2008, 18:44
Im not there yet but I had certainly done my research. In Bots I have heard many good things about Sefofane, the lady from Operations is very nice and had been very helpful with offering information about employment. www.sefofane.com. There is also, Delta Air, Mack Air, Moremi Air.

This might be a good link for you to check out, http://www.aviationdirect.co.za/ser_aviation.htm

Not exactly sure how accurate all of the information is but good luck! Im heading to Nam tomorrow.

Good Luck

Lammers
18th Feb 2008, 19:31
Hi

Haven't heard nice things about Sefofane the pilots I know hate it!

They bond you to flying a 206 something like 40 000 Pula not worth it! Go search a bit more maybe you can find something on a light Twin!

Good Luck
Lammers

MrBurberry
19th Feb 2008, 02:39
Maybe I heard about Sefofane from the wrong light, but again maybe not. Anything is what you make of it, but one fellow I spoke with working there said take it how it is, dont expect to sleep in your own bed every night. You get to see everything that some people pay tens of thousands to see. And then you get to stay in the same luxery safari camps that they do. That same person later left the company and is now flying Hercs in Northern Canada.

But Lammer your right, maybe that bond should be on a Twin Turbine if anything, not a C206/C210.

Solid Rust Twotter
19th Feb 2008, 04:22
Of course, if you roll in there with time on type, they probably won't bond you for that amount, rather just for the admin and training required for the Bots validation/licence.

AIRWOLF No.1
21st Oct 2009, 22:06
Looks like your were fired from a certain company!!! Pickyyyy like a snake wander why ,watch for a prop strike!!!:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=:=