PDA

View Full Version : Regional Express Testing & Results

jamesmcintyre23
17th Feb 2008, 01:13
Just seeing how everyone else is going with the interview process, Wombat testing (how far up the scale on the right people where able to get to) and also the post testing results, anyone received an offer for the upcoming course?

mavrik1
17th Feb 2008, 04:58
Nothing yet! Meant to here back before end of the month, I heard! Maybe I'm guessing for the people who didn't get in! Maybe offers already?
Wombat test was a bit outter left field I thought, hard to know how well I went. The sub task of remembering the 3rd last number was a killer for me! I just don't know how well!
Interview I feel went well!

captainstoobing
17th Feb 2008, 21:57
Is anyone able to give me an idea how hard the WOMBAT testing is and the types of questions they ask at REX interviews:confused:

mavrik1
18th Feb 2008, 06:53
Interview was light and easy, basics eg. aerodynamics, what do you know about the airline sort of stuff! Just felt like a general chat, maybe to work out your behavials! They want here what you think about it, I think!

captainstoobing
18th Feb 2008, 19:45
Thanks for that. I expected as much seeing as though little or no knowledge is required.
How was WOMBAT??;)

mavrik1
19th Feb 2008, 00:53
No knowledge required true, but they would find that out in the interview then probably can ya! Then no wombat test would be carried out!

Wombat test doesnt really represent flying or how good you would be at it, more about how you behave and IQ. The aim of the game of which it is 'a game' is two line up two cross hairs on a screen using two joy sticks with vertical and horizontal control seperately on each stick. Once you have the two lined up you click the trigger on the right joy stick and the auto pilot takes control. Once that is achieved a menu for three games appear on the screen that operator will choose from and are timed.
This is where you start to bonus score, but at the same time the autopilot starts wobble off and you have to make the decision to leave your task and re-allign the cross hairs, so you don't loose points. the sub games are number memory, shape identification.

I think they grade you on how well you progress through the 90mins but due to the long period of constration I feel I peaked and then started to deteriate in the last 20mins.

captainstoobing
19th Feb 2008, 05:51
Sounds pretty challenging!! I guess the interview would be a getting to know you exercise, and identifying personality traits etc?:confused:

jamesmcintyre23
19th Feb 2008, 13:06
The interview is more or less to discover your interest in flying and also to assess your basic knowledge of things such as aerodynamics, meteorolgy etc.

I found my interview to be more of a social chat with the odd joke thrown in here and there. If you have the basics in regard to aero and met as stated above then you should be fine!

captainstoobing
19th Feb 2008, 19:15
Thanks Jamesmcintyre23. I hope you hear good news shortly!
So the only challenging thing essentially is the 'wombat'.;):)

goaroundagain
24th Feb 2008, 09:39
Gday Guys,

Well done to those of you that are progressing through. Are you applying for direct entry or are you going for the cadetship?

Did you do the test first, or the interview first? Did they arrange both on the same day, or did they wait on the results of one before they offered you the second? What is left in the process to complete?

Was there any study or practice that you could have done for the wombat testing?

Thanks

Goaroundagain

captainstoobing
24th Feb 2008, 19:55
Its a tad confusing. Like you I assume the testing first. They are very slow to get back to you (I suspect due to the volume of applicants). I have heard that the next intake is May/June.
I will let you know.
Its a good idea to get your class 1 medical out of the way too. Nothing would be worse than to get through then find out you can't get the class 1 medical certificate. ;)

the odyssey
3rd Mar 2008, 09:03
Has anyone had an offer yet? Or even received an unsuccessful letter?

I interviewed back in January but haven't heard anything yet....

:bored:

the odyssey
3rd Mar 2008, 09:12
For everything you need to know on the WOMBAT testing, I suggest you go to this website.

If you can familiarise yourself with it now, it really helps.

Remember the task on the main page is your primary task - always monitor it.

Then hop out to do bonus questions when you can whilst ensuring the primary task is on track and not failing. (It'll all make sense when you do it).

Good luck!

http://www.aero.ca/e_W_CS_Scenario.html

:ok:

downwind
3rd Mar 2008, 09:39
http://www.aero.ca/download/CS-E-22.pdf this is a good start!

goaroundagain
3rd Mar 2008, 10:23
Gday Guys,

How did you go with your testing and interviews?

Has anyone heard anything yet?

How far did you guys progress up the right hand side of the assessment?

Cheers and good luck to all involved.

captainstoobing
3rd Mar 2008, 19:22
Thanks 'Odyssey'. Thats a great link.;)

Just curious on two things
1. With the two back digit cancelling, how many numbers come up until you are asked for the 2nd back?
2. With the quadrant location task, do the numbers stay on the screen?

Thanks again:ok:

captainstoobing
4th Mar 2008, 04:49
Well done for getting through:D. Are you able to answer my earlier question about the wombat tasks?

When do you start?

the odyssey
5th Mar 2008, 06:29
Hey Arooba

Can you please elaborate on the unofficial offer for me, as I think I got this too but not sure...

Basically they said you are recommended to the board and suggest you get medical, license and ASIC. This was about a week ago now.

Is this all they said to you too or did they actually say "congratulations you are successful, paper work is coming in the mail..."?

I am just after anything at the moment as the wait is killing me!

:ugh:

mavrik1
5th Mar 2008, 09:27
Something gives me the impression that they are playing and shuffling with numbers at this time, got the call! interesting but nothing final!

mavrik1
6th Mar 2008, 06:04
arooba or anyone! Did they at any stage offer you an option for loan for the outstanding moneys to get you going if you had nothing?

goaroundagain
6th Mar 2008, 09:43
Gday Guys,

Well done to those of you that got offers.

What level are you guys going in at? Are you going in ab-initio?????

How is the testing and the interviews going?

Cheers

Goaroundagain

mavrik1
7th Mar 2008, 23:47
No offer yet, will find out soon!

jamesmcintyre23
8th Mar 2008, 09:29
The first intake was 16 people and they are trying to get 24 people for the April intake.

the odyssey
9th Mar 2008, 23:04
I'm in too! Got the official word last week.

Looking forward to seeing you all at Mangalore soon!

jamesmcintyre23
21st Mar 2008, 03:19
Got the official word yesterday, look forward to seeing everyone in early April!

jamesmcintyre23
22nd Mar 2008, 05:29
Hey mate i just received an offer for the April intake a few days ago. Just wondering if you have been reading the comments in regard to the course posted on pprune IE the first group has not commenced flight training yet?

Just wondering how much research you have done and whether or not you are going to pay the 5K and proceed with the course?

mavrik1
24th Mar 2008, 07:20
Got the word too!

StrathmoreDave
2nd Apr 2008, 04:44
Well done to all of those who got it!!!

Look forward to seeing you all up there sunday....

Dave......

If anyone wants to discuss things email me at [email protected]

see ya all soon