PDA

View Full Version : MCC in Scotland

db16
16th Feb 2008, 18:21
My previous thread concerning this in CRM & safety has been moved!

There is a plan afoot to start MCC training in Scotland in May or June; so far, all, Scottish applicants have had to go to England. The price is likely to be £1950 + VAT with a brand new Alsim 200 FNPT with 180 degree visual and an excellent European database. Proposed aircraft are Cheyenne or King Air. Your suggestions welcomed; if you need further info please PM me.:)db16

Hufty
16th Feb 2008, 18:43
Is this the sim at Perth? If so I had a look a few years ago and they seemed to be a good bunch. They mentioned at the time that it was configured as at King Air although from memory the panel was different?

asuweb
17th Feb 2008, 20:53
Could be Tayside with the new sim they've got there

db16
23rd Feb 2008, 08:59
Yes, the plan is for Tayside at Dundee. The simulator arrived around December and is used for IR training; it can be configured for about 18 types but the MCC is expected to be Kingair or Cheyenne based. We are hoping to have CAA approval in May 2008. If you fancy being on the 'dummy' course at a heavy discount, please PM me!!:)db16

DB6
23rd Feb 2008, 10:03
Get Alsim to do a Saab 340 fit :ok::ok:, or more practically get good visual add-ons for the major Scottish airfields.

It is a very nice piece of kit though, definitely good news for Scottish wannabes (and you can relax with some aerobatics on the Grobs between sessions :E).

Callsign Kilo
24th Feb 2008, 16:08
I agree, excellent sim. I used it for some IR refresh work recently. Ideal bit of kit for the MCC. It would surely work as no one else offers this type of training in Scotland :ok: