PDA

View Full Version : Airways Above Cambourne Cambs

memememe
16th Feb 2008, 11:31
Can anyone help. I have been trying for ages to find the airway routers and Freq of civil aircraft that fly high above my house.

The best so far I have come up with is UL613 but on charts this seems to far west.

I live in Cambourne in Cambridgeshire which is a new town only about 8 years old (Some maps don't show it). It is about 7 miles west of Cambridge. The aircraft I can see route at very high level trailing and they are all big aircraft types suggesting long haul. (747's etc not 737's) They seem to route directly north. I have seen the same when sitting at Duxford. I appreciate at high level that the ground location can be way off but UL613 when mapped out with the ground stations is about 7 miles west of me. I guess 30 mile drift either side would be fine but 70miles? They do seem to centre on my house.

I have no idea if they are UPPER or LOWER but trailing would lend to UPPER.

I have been trying to sight the Airline and track against all likley radio freq's but this is proving difficult even with a decent telescope.

If any one can help me solve this I would be very grateful. If you need any more info to narrow this down then let me know. Here's hoping! Cheers

chiglet
16th Feb 2008, 12:06
Try www.ais.org.co.uk (http://www.ais.org.co.uk)
You have to log on, but it's free. Gives all airways [upper and lower] with fixes and reporting points. Airfields are included.
watp,iktch

memememe
16th Feb 2008, 15:32
Now thats handy, investigating now

Cheers