PDA

View Full Version : Stapleford

cantw82fly
15th Feb 2008, 16:33
I've heard that, at Stapleford, they want all course fees up front.

There's been a lot of advice on PPruNe never to do this.

Has anyone had experience of this at Stapleford?

badboy raggamuffin
15th Feb 2008, 16:49
That is not the case at all.

G SXTY
15th Feb 2008, 17:02
Absolutely untrue, it's pay as you go.

Hour Builder
17th Feb 2008, 08:04
Agreed-I did my CPL with them and it's not the case.

I start my IR course with them in 3 hours (eeek) and will "charge up" my account with them, which they "like" but it's not required.

G-SPOT
31st Mar 2008, 15:04
I realise this thread was started only in Feb, however...

Any update / changes in opinion since then? Or can anyone verify that they are still PAYGO?

After having done CPL at SFC via PAYGO (-and would rate the instruction as first class and both the staff and instructors as having been particularly obliging throughout) I am informed by reception that the IR must be paid for in 2 halves prior to start of course….which I don’t believe is common practice for modular training at many (if any) other FTO’s, and would have to have a major rethink before doing so…Any thoughts?

cantw82fly
31st Mar 2008, 15:40
Exactly what I was told.

CPL all up front.

MEIR in 2 instalments - one before starting and one halfway through.

Not sure what's going on.....

Mikehotel152
31st Mar 2008, 15:46
If this is true I may re-consider going there to do my CPL/ME/IR in the summer.

:confused:

FirstOfficer
31st Mar 2008, 21:28
There is something going on with SFC at the moment...

I did a few lessons with them a few years ago, because of personal reasons I had to abandon flying, now I am in a position to return and do my flying training and because I had a great experience and loved the place I thought it was wise to continue with SFC... Now I set the ball rolling and sent them a couple of e-mails... No reply!

A friend of mine emailed them too, and obtained no reply...

It looks like they don't want business (£££), I think I will re-consider and go elsewhere, which is really a shame because I love the place and had a great time with SFC before.

Regards,
FO

Leezyjet
31st Mar 2008, 22:19
FO,

Stapleford have been having major problems recently with their email servers so much so that they have been having to use Yahoo and the like to be able to send emails.

I've missed out on a few replies too, but rather then sit and wait, after a couple of days of no response I used that old fashioned method and gave them a call on the good old dog and bone and got my response and I'm now happlily checked out and hour building with them. Got to be pro-active in this business !!.

:ok:

Mikehotel152
1st Apr 2008, 08:04
[thread creep]

In my experience Stapleford's IT set up has always been backward and prone to being off-line regularly, which is not exactly helpful when you're trying to plan your cross-country qualifier etc. Again, it's a lack of investment in infrastructure. :*

Flying training good. IT bad.

FirstOfficer
1st Apr 2008, 14:00
Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies... I guess I rely to much on e-mails rather than phone nowadays... :O

I will give them a buzzzzz shortly.

Thanks,
FO
:)

LGREEN
2nd Apr 2008, 09:31
As of 1st April 2008 the following payment methods will apply:-

PAY AS YOU GO
Set up a flying account and pay per module (i.e. CPL,ME,IR)
Pay a set amount into flying account and when funds run low, top up accordingly or Pay as you go…We have been experiencing problems with our server and we would like to apologise for any emails that you have sent which we have failed to reply to. Please rest assured that we are dealing with this as a matter of urgency.