PDA

View Full Version : Where is the post implimentation review of the NSW EMS contract

riadbec
15th Feb 2008, 07:21
I've **** stirred. I've been chastised, abused and threatened. The question still remains - has CHC delivered?

Oogle
15th Feb 2008, 10:00
Why do you keep asking this forum??????:confused:

Make your own enquiries and then come back and let us know your findings.:=

Nomex
19th Feb 2008, 03:25
No one cares for your tanny's anymore mate, I suggest you walk over to the otherside of the Depot, away from everyone else, and proceed to :ugh:

selfloadingballast
19th Feb 2008, 07:25
I find it amusing that once again old mate starts the thread in order to stir the pot.
Lets look at a couple of points.

The outgoing operators have shown that they are able to get on with life, yep it was hard fr them to start with, and we can all understand why, but they are moving right along:ok:
The operations in both Wollongong and Orange are both moving along without all the noise and bollocks, what do they have in common...... Ordinary, run of the mill Paramedics hmmmm!
What does the Sydney operation have that the Wollongong and Orange operations dont?........SCAT ParamedicsI apologise as I am being a little unfair to most SCAT Paras in general, because as we know it's not all the SCAT Paras that are sniping away on a daily basis, and some of the snipers are not even working at the Sydney Ambulance Helicopter Base. I really think that the few that are doing their best to bring the contract undone, should go out, buy a mirror and have a long hard look at themselves, maybe follow that good look with a schooner or two of "harden the F%#K up" and take off their training blouses and get on with the job, as they are a joke.
Get over it, take a leaf out of the book of the CareFlights and Surfs and just get over it, make what is in place work, act like you are as good as you all tell everyone you are and stop crying.

Freewheel
19th Feb 2008, 21:01
From what I saw on TV when I was last in the area, the Grim Reba has more on her plate right now.

Nobody's referred to any recent publicity about the service aside from the usual "helicopter attended accident". The hydralic fluid loss appeared to be a beatup, expecially to anybody who's flown a 206 straight after greasing....

selfloadingballast is on the money, it's gone so get on with life and if it floats yer boat, work on getting the contract back in 5 years or whenever it's up.

clearances
19th Feb 2008, 21:49
Once again this style of statement is purely and simply a desperate grab for publicity. It is very obvious that "Riadbec" is doing his(asuming he is a "he") best to keep this topic on the first page of this forum. It has been discussed to death and the current operator (to there credit, along with the vast majority of the past operators) has just got on with the job, perhaps we all should?

Given the complete lack of constructive input Riabec has on this subject I'd like to move that we don’t do Riadbec the justice of replying to his posts. I'm sure this will further damage his already fragile ego and perhaps he will get the message.

Oh and Riadbec if you are listening may I direct you to the top of the page where it says

"Rotorheads A haven for professional helicopter pilots to discuss the things that affect them."

Best of luck finding a forum more suitable

Curious2
20th Feb 2008, 04:54
I agree with the above sentiments. Please remove Riadbec from this forum! The simple answer to his/her question is yes.

SawThe Light
20th Feb 2008, 07:24
Yes, riabec, how dare you post your thoughts and/or questions on this forum! (Just joking.)

I'm sure that the respondents mean well although they don't appear to have answered your question. Perhaps vested interests or perhaps they simply . . . . . .

Who knows?

Can I ask? Have CHC delivered a "better bang for the buck" for the NSW taxpayer, taking into account the cost to the taxpayer for the previous providers.

How many of you folk who have responded to this thread are indeed NSW taxpayers, and how many of you have a personal "axe to grind". (This also applies to riabec)

I'm sure that all the respondents so far can accurately produce costing details so I'm willing to

a) get flamed by the CHC supporters
b) be fed bullsh**t by the CHC supporters, or
c) be given accurate and proven data on the real cost of the current service as opposed to the previous service.

Otherwise, if you don't have supportable date to publish, simply ignore riabec and don't rise to the bait. (That is unless you figure he just might be right and he shouldn't be heard.

crewguard
21st Feb 2008, 12:08
Self loading ballast ,

Fantastic summary statement mate....couldnt have put those words any better. At the end of the day CHC won the contract on merit and are getting on with the job of providing the service they are contracted to do.

And yes that includes working with all other parties i,e, NSW ambulance and Health to ensure things are delivered to the contract requirements.

Some of things CHC have had to deal with since inception of the contract and from third parties beggars belief...

I think they do a superb job and are a credit the industry...:ok:

sagy34
21st Feb 2008, 12:56
pity that they still need to fly in crews to service the contract:confused:

thought the big canadian was mighty powerful and nothing was impossible:rolleyes:

Scraping the bottom:=

Maybe:ok:

GAGS
21st Feb 2008, 23:49
Been watching this post and the previous incarnations for a while now. My two bobs worth.....The answer is CHC have delivered but to inferior and different standards than the previous contractors were measured against

I have mates working for all the aviation organizations involved.CHC.Surf and Care Flight.Care Flight and Surf were never going to get the contract, this was obvious from the time the consulting company arrived.

I seem to recall quite few medical type people saying how good things will be once Care Flight and Surf are gone. Boys you made the bed lie in it and quit you’re moaning. Don’t even bother to respond with any of your ravings you know who you are…..everyone does.

The reality is:

Are CHC responding in the 15 mins that MRU has required them too....yes?

Is this adequate for a primary over water or land...no.

CHC....yep they are flying to far reaches of the state and giving the Ambos at head office/MRU little or no grief as they are doing what the client wants and when they want it.(No more that’s a Surf/Care Flight job so send them, they just go).Just slower.

Are they more expensive than Care Flight/Surf........Lots

Do they provide a better service? From the Ambo bosses point of view, yes from a tax payer point of view, we will never know as Care Flight /Surf never got the opportunity to operate with the budget the ambos now have.

Lets be honest, it is not in the best interest of the Ambos to do an audit. Even ambos on the ground in the know will say the response times are average. But they were set by the Client???? It is worth noting that Care Flight/Surf never had that time allowed.Anyway I digress, back to the audit. If this audit occurred and was conducted by someone who was totally impartial without an agenda some irregularities would surface. (Cost, response time etc)This would of course leave a lot of the management at MRU with egg on there faces.

CHC are doing what they are paid to do, in the times allowed. I think its time to stop bagging out the CHC boys on the coal face and look at the people driving the contract.

Care Flight and Surf are now realizing after some soul searching that while they had a good service at a budget cost, they maybe dropped the ball in other areas. They have taken this on board and are looking to the future. Examples of this is the HIRT machine (on scene shut down with patient delivering the best care available to the patient b4 the Ambo machine arrives overhead) something we should all be proud of. Surf in their response to over water work.
(Again on scene b4 the Ambo machine has arrived).

We all know that there are certain Ambo bosses who read these forums. I think that the reason this subject is getting such a big go on PPrune is because of lack of an AMBO forum to go hammer and tongue in. This subject needs to be thrown back and forth. If the Ambo management can just think about what’s best for the people of NSW and forget the grudges and the past. You never know they may actually be able to deliver a world class system they are certainly paying world class money!!!!!!!

Mr. Moderator please let the forum run its course...you know you want to!

Breeze 29900
22nd Feb 2008, 03:58
:DGags is 100% correct, it's not the fault of the crews working for CHC in NSW, it's the fault of the management team working for NSW Health.

CHC was awarded a contract to provide a service along the lines drawn by the customer.

It was the customer who didn't understand IFR departures in CAVOK conditons when responding to primaries. (Just one of the many reasons for slow response times).

The customer (MRU) just have to accept they got a safe but very slow alternative to the NGO's!

Most likely in the years to come it may revert back to Goverment owned and operated aircraft, just like the ambulances themselves. Then there would be nothing new to whinge about, just the population ranting and raving about poor service from Ambulance, like every other Government Department.

Leave the CHC crew at Bankstown alone, their trying to do a good job! (Except for the dobber amoungst the crew. Watch your backs he's one of your own) It's not a nice way to treat all those tourists coming to Sydney!

Please keep this threat running, it entertains the masses.

catseye
22nd Feb 2008, 06:37
GAGS,
one of the more level posts on this topic.
Heard recently the frog manager left to work for the old place. Any truth in the rumour????

The Eye

helo1
22nd Feb 2008, 06:55
Catseye

Who cares

ApocalypseThen
22nd Feb 2008, 22:44
Heard recently the frog manager left to work for the old place. Any truth in the rumour?

It`s true , and without the synergy which previously existed between the Ambulance Service and Careflight under the old regime ,and the loss of Careflight`s management input ,the situation at Bankstown has become untenable to many of the medical staff.

catseye
23rd Feb 2008, 03:28
A.then,
probably a sad day for the patients. Lots of corporate knowledge gone.

The Eye

riadbec
24th Feb 2008, 05:00
Some very familiar names down south - Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

riadbec
24th Feb 2008, 05:10
... And Suddenly The Interstaters' Went Quite

riadbec
25th Feb 2008, 06:58
No message - just to say HI!

Senior Pilot
25th Feb 2008, 11:42
riadbec,

I think you've got your post count and your age the wrong way round :rolleyes:

Enough, already. Thread closed :ugh: