PDA

View Full Version : VS Premium Econ seats out of LGW

Ace Rimmer
14th Feb 2008, 08:08
Anybody happen to know if Virgin have refitted the LGW based 744s with the new Premium Econ seats yet?

Danflyer2008
14th Feb 2008, 13:25
Hi Ace Rimmer,
AS far as im aware the LGW 744's have not been re-fitted with the new Premium Economy seats, its on the LHR fleet which have all been refitted.
Hope this helps!

Ace Rimmer
14th Feb 2008, 14:52
Ah weel the rimmerian posteriors will have park on the old style next week then thanx

PAXboy
14th Feb 2008, 14:55
I found the old seats perfectly acceptable. In truth, the extra width of the new one was not that noticeable - but that may depend upon one's personal width!

incognito
15th Feb 2008, 14:59
Exactly the question I was going to ask. The VS web site says the seats on LGW fleet will be rolled out in 2008. Anyone any idea when they will do the LGW fleet? Hopefully before early May….:ok:

Ace Rimmer, would be interested to know your experience. It’s been 5 years since I last went Premium Econ and off to Antigua with them in May…

Ace Rimmer
18th Feb 2008, 08:11
I will report back when me an' 'er have concluded persuing small white balls around the fairways of NW Florida...heading out this Fri...

Captain Lampshade
18th Feb 2008, 08:48
Travelled Premium Economy back in August to St Lucia and am going to Cuba in April.
Overall the service is excellent although we did find there was definitely a difference between outbound and inbound service levels.
My major gripe with the current 'old' seats is that whilst the legroom is excellent 38inches (I am 6ft 2) and great for when you are awake. However, when the person in front wants to go to sleep and fully reclines, it is very cramped indeed.
Still this is not sold as a club service and the seat pitch (for me ) is defintely better than economy, I would always choose the upgrade, finaces permitting.

Leezyjet
19th Feb 2008, 19:50
On the 5 Alitalia built LGW a/c, the upstairs Premium seats are the really old ones, and the ones downstairs between door 1 and 2 are the ones that were being introduced as the new seats when the A346 came out with the curved silver backs, but didn't get fully fitted on all a/c before the even newer seat was introduced.

Personally, out of the 2, I prefer the really old ones on the upper deck, as they are not as hard although they do look quite old now.

:\

cjhants
22nd Feb 2008, 08:42
flew back from LAS this week on the upper deck. would agree with most of the other posts, but would add that upstairs is very quiet and relaxing. the wide aisle makes it easy to get past the trolleys, and the storage bins between the window seat and the window were very useful, saves having to get up to the overhead bin several times during the flight. mrs cj had a job to get her head comfortable on the head rest, but still managed to sleep.

a good product at a reasonable cost, but certainly not business class.

Ace Rimmer
7th Mar 2008, 07:16
As promised here is the Rimmer report: As other have said the seats were of the old type but still comfortable (if a bit tired) the there is a an impression of space on the upperdeck due I suppose to the wider aisle and side bins. I'd say that even with the old seats the product is worth the price.