PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Flight Training Coventy

PML
13th Feb 2008, 15:08
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has experience of training with Atlantic at Coventry. I have noticed they are quite cheap and just wondering why, Coventry is local for me so would be great to train there.
Look forward to hearing your replys,
Thanks PML

BHX86
17th Feb 2008, 08:33
There must be somebody on this forum who has experiences of training at AFT. Can anybody describe what the place is like, the atmosphere the quality of training, the instructors, etc.

Thanks in advance

SAA
17th Feb 2008, 09:39
Hi, Im at atlantic at the moment and just have one resit to finish my atpl exams. The staff are friendly and the instructors know their stuff and are very willing to help.

Only negative for me was that the atpl study notes ver.1 I think missed out alot, but from what I have seen from ver.2 of the books are better.

Go in and have a chat with them, if its local I would go for it if I was you.

Good luck
SAA

PML
18th Feb 2008, 20:53
thanks, yeh i will definitely be going along, i just thought it would be best to get someone who is paying to describe the place, thanks anyway appreciate it

yellowsubmarine
18th Feb 2008, 23:15
I would rather not say what i did and when with AFT, if that degrades my opinion or advice then so be it.

I am sure many people can give you good reviews about this FTO, but then again, alot of student pilots wonder happily along their chosen path accepting all the s**t that is shovled their way, blissifuly un-aware that THEY are the customer!!!

For those of you interested in AFT and not on a tight schedule nor paticularly bothered about hands on ground/flight instruction, then it will probably not be such a frustrating experience for you as it was for me.

I personally, when spending so much money, expect a bit of service and the feeling that an FTO cares about my goal to become a pilot and I got neither of these things from AFT.

All of that said...there are some great characters working there.

Yellow Sub

dartagnan
19th Feb 2008, 17:36
I didn't like this school and I can not recommend it! too slow, too long, too expensive!
same feeling with the post above...
maybe good for the ATPL, but bristol or oxford are better.Specially Bristol.

5 RINGS
19th Feb 2008, 19:20
Just complete a JOC there for FlyBe, and found this FTO pretty up to standard, with indeed brilliant characters as instructors.

But as one of instructor said, all you get from a course or an FTO largely depends on what effort you put in it first place.

Learning/teaching process has nothing to deal with magic, it's simply hard work.

BHX86
9th Mar 2008, 10:08
Can anybody who trained or is currently training at AFT tell us what they class as a flying hour. Is it chocks off to chocks on, take off to touch down, etc.

Thanks in advance people

Whirlygig
9th Mar 2008, 10:32
maybe good for the ATPL

a) that's what the OP was asking about and b) what were you there for if not ATPL???? :}

As has been said before, you get out of it what you put in. Don't expect to be spoon-fed, after all you're going to be a professional pilot so you need to have a fair amount of gumption!

From my own point of view, ground school only, I found the service was excellent. If I had a problem, it was answered and dealt with quickly.

AFT has been around for years; in the current climate, if they weren't doing it right, they wouldn't be here! If anyone has any queries about a school, their best bet is to ring up, ask the question, make an appointment and visit them.

Cheers

Whirls