PDA

View Full Version : good flying school sydney

chubby48
12th Feb 2008, 11:44
ive heard that a few schools at bankstown are good and some not so good. i visited a few schools the other day and a few of them were full of overseas students and didnt even acknowledge me when i walked in the door. they seemed very busy. can someone reccomend a good school that will provide training to cpl level. is there any financial assistance ie hecs, for someone like me in their 30 s to complete pilot training .
any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

radical_100
13th Feb 2008, 04:12
Do you reside in Sydney? If so, and if you have extra cash to spare, GFS has the best instructors and the best planes around there. (http://www.generalflyingservices.com.au)
I did my training at Bankstown from one of the schools that you visited and "seemed" busy.

Captain_djaffar
13th Feb 2008, 06:28
i've never been there,but i can recommend Biniflight training in Melbourne.
One of my quoted me this school some 3 years ago where he completed his cpl me/ir. It seems the academy has some good wirings with companies in aussie itself and also in africa.He hooked a nice seat on a kingair 200 as first job in zambia.

A and C
13th Feb 2008, 08:27
A few years back I rented an aircraft from Basair at bankstown and found them very good people to do business with.

I only needed a check out on the aircraft but they seemed to do a good job on the check.