PDA

View Full Version : How many Eagles does it take to scare a Bear?

harrogate
11th Feb 2008, 17:15
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7236241.stm

22 seemingly.

Apologies if it's already been posted.

Al R
11th Feb 2008, 17:42
Peewee Putin must have a really small dick to be throwing his weight around as he is.

Safety_Helmut
11th Feb 2008, 18:05
Japan responded by scrambling 22 jets and lodging an official protest with the Russian embassy.
Any thoughts on how long it would take the RAF to cobble together 22 jets simultaneously for an intercept ?

S_H

CT HOMER
11th Feb 2008, 21:18
The eggs would have passed the best before date by then. Our lords and masters would have leaned the yokes out and left the shells in. They would go and buy powered yolks at four times the cost, cancel the order, pay the fine and then go out and buy organic at 3 times the price.:ugh:Thats progress for you.

cornish-stormrider
11th Feb 2008, 21:31
well sailor boy, at least we have got more than 22 jets to play with. My estimate to generate them would be 4-6 weeks, not including the extra courses for all involved and the stress mangement for the rects controller.

22 jets. last time the Navy saw that many they was flyin 'tooms. 22 jets is that more/less/the same as the number of grey painted targets you ride about in, I think they're called boats:E

brickhistory
12th Feb 2008, 00:44
I think they're called boats

"You're gonna need a bigger boat................"

Fitting as Roy Schieder from JAWS died today

Occasional Aviator
12th Feb 2008, 08:01
Of course, in the era of effects-based operations, perhaps we could skip the appallingly stone-aged kinetic response of scrambling jets and go straight to the formal protest..... after all, as that nice General Smith wrote in his frightfully clever book, it's all hearts and minds now and all you really need are boots on the ground.

Fugazi1000
12th Feb 2008, 08:39
This sort of formal protest? http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/design/survivability/sa2.jpg :}