PDA

View Full Version : Aviance and Aviance LGW (Merged)

mansp
11th Feb 2008, 15:58
Have Aviance made the big announcement yet that we were all expecting last week?

Any truth that they have def lost AF in MAN?

agent x
11th Feb 2008, 16:22
I heard day before yesterday that aviance have lost AF and DL. Doesn't leave them with much..just SN and BA.

mathers_wales_uk
11th Feb 2008, 16:57
Have Aviance pulled out of Durham Tees Valley? I heard that they were due to do so with some equipment coming down to Cardiff

N707ZS
11th Feb 2008, 17:45
"Equipment coming down to Cardiff." They must be desperate down there.

GW76
11th Feb 2008, 18:20
......isnt there a ground handling forum...?:confused::confused:

LBA-EGNM
11th Feb 2008, 22:06
Just a quikkie, I heard all the equipment might be stored at LBA for a bit till it gets a new home?

richardnei
12th Feb 2008, 20:29
Any truth in the rumour that Aviance have lost the bmi/bmi baby contract at BFS.

caramac
10th Mar 2008, 18:31
oh yes did they ever pull out of MME, 19 of us made redundant, and **** on from a very great height, station manager now down in Gatwick, tough luck LGW!!!!!!!!

DAVYDAY
1st Apr 2008, 19:20
Well they may not be posting any more.

Today (and this is not an April fool) aviance sent letters at GLA, to all staff informing them there will be redundancies in all departments.

They did bite off more than they could chew..
I for one will not shed a tear as thay have had it coming for years.

Old equipment,poor station management and staff that wander around and load us up when they feel like it.

The writtings on the wall for them I`m sorry to say.
In the last month we have taken at least 16 delays.

Time to bow out Chaps.:confused::(

love4music05
1st Apr 2008, 22:33
Yeh they have lost DL coz servisair have it in MAN apparently...:D

DAVYDAY
3rd Apr 2008, 06:18
90+ aviance Staff being made redundant in LGW -WOW!:ugh:
44+ aviance in GLA
TEESIDE CLOSED

CWF next we hear?

Gosh- feel sorry for the ones that will be left to pick up the pieces.

Never mind Menzies ,Swissport,Servisair/P will start summer staff soon it maybe an opportunity to see if the grass is greener.

aviance in total free fall.

Yes we beileive it was all planned before the BA contract by the Go- Ahead group, maybe time to change the name .Any Ideas ?

Go- away or GTF.:=

mathers_wales_uk
6th Apr 2008, 14:36
I was under the understanding that CWL was one of the stations actually making a profit for Aviance, I heared though that the Bosses are due down next week.

Also rumours on the grapevine is that they are in major dept in excess of £8m.

Equipment at CWL is not the best with lack of a/c steps etc. Possible of 5 w/b diversions today but would have only been able to take 1 due to lack of large a/c steps. There have also been redundancies in the Aviance training department too i believe.

Gerry Alba
17th Apr 2008, 11:01
I used to work at all aviance/MAS bases and I am not surprised by the
news that they are winding down stations.

what a record in the last year

The guys at GLA have held the operation together for years and this is the thanks they get.
(limpt on for 6 years,if it was a dog you would have put it down 6 years ago).

It looks like they only want BA.

Good luck to all the staff that are left.:rolleyes:

walker4
22nd Apr 2008, 09:32
GLA
Aviance is struggling to cope with their schedule at the minute due to lack of staff and lack of equipment.On a regular basis no more than 3 people are being sent out to jobs ranging from the now containerised BA 319's to the zoom 767's and they think they can manage with 22 full-time ramp ops gone. The management really aren't interested in the situation as the last 26yr old ramp manager has recently left to become a club rep in cyprus and we have DM's who aren't passed out operating the likes of hi-loaders, air-starts, pushbacks etc... yet seem to think they can audit the people who can do them. The place really is in a bad way.

EIDW RJ85
23rd Apr 2008, 00:05
Aviance DUB looking for a heap of redundancies AGAIN for the 2nd time in the last 2 years. If there not taken up, it will be last in first out and the offer is pathetic. 2 weeks for every year of service.

Excuse is " we havnt lost any contracts but we havnt gained any either"

Realism is .. there not trying to get any!!!

mehore
26th Apr 2008, 18:12
gone to swissport

Poupina
29th Apr 2008, 18:39
Can anybody tell me what is happening to the Dispatch department at Man as I have heard that the company has lost quite a lot of contracts (AF, DL, VS...).

It looks like they are just concentring on the loading side as ( correct me if my wrong) they don't deal with pax service and dispatch with BA and BMI.

I worked with Aviance during 2 years before relocating to my home country France and I must admit that some great guys worked there which i had the pleasure of working on the ramp.

I had some great times there and I deeply hope that the guys i knew there came out of it ok if they lost there jobs.

The96er
30th Apr 2008, 13:48
8 Dispatchers to go at MAN. Only BA, SN and the odd Balkan Holidays charter left now. Since Christmas we've lost Virgin, VLM, GBairways, Air France and lastly Delta and won exactly - zero contracts !!

Poupina
1st May 2008, 15:34
So it is worse than what I have been expected.... :rolleyes:

Ground1
1st May 2008, 16:01
Its the same story at GLA, we've lost First Choice, Flyglobespan, declined Virgin and missed out on Aer Lingus, Thomas Cook and others to different handling agents.

We only handle BA, Zoom, Monarch and some seasonal airlines like Balkan, Air Europa, Futura, Eurocypria and Iberworld.

I think the company as a whole is totally downsizing and Im not sure the BA contract was really worth it, since we now have redundancies.

househunter
2nd May 2008, 17:51
Aviance in Aberdeen seem to be growing in Aberdeen, they are now the biggest handling agent.

DAVYDAY
6th May 2008, 06:20
Build it up sell it off?
You think they will stay at ABZ and get rid of the rest?

G-STAW
8th May 2008, 15:53
ill give them 18 months at MAN.......

Poupina
8th May 2008, 20:32
Do u really think they are looking to close down MAN????

When u think how big and strong the company was at MAN about four years ago...it is really unbelievable....

According to me they should really look at their management and clean a bit...
Too many wrong decisions were made and what happened to those desicion makers????
Well, they are still in place......

G-STAW
9th May 2008, 11:20
hi,

i really think so, i know they've got the easyjet contact, but all i know is their are people form Menzies coming over to us. Swissport are also in a bad position, they've had two 180 days notices slapped on them recently, i dont think they last too much longer......

Its all good news for us(servisair), shame for the others, its all down to bad managment. We have learnt our lesson, we was losing money on the PK flights before they went, but know we'r charging much more.....

I think the airlines at MAN who arnt under Servisair are starting to realise that paying alittle extra for handling with a stable handler is better than using a cheaper unreliable handler in the long run.....

we'll see what happens....

G-STAW

sat1
9th May 2008, 12:04
take off the rose tinted glasses!!!!!oil prices through the roof means cut costs however you can,and that means going with the cheapest handling agent

G-STAW
9th May 2008, 12:31
i totally agree, and im sure no one will disagree with what your saying, but the fact is, no matter what oil prices go up to they still need a reliable handler......

or they could keep hoping between companies, which is what some are doing now....

G-STAW

Rampmole
9th May 2008, 13:40
Menzies have the ezy contract at MAN, just taken lingus from servisair, and AA from ringway, believe a couple on T2 also going menzies way soon.

G-STAW
9th May 2008, 17:04
yep, i must admit, menzies have improved alot over the past few months.

also, i wonder if the rumor about AA coming into T1, and going to servisair will come true? This may have been changed due to the cancelling of their winter ORD service.

G-STAW

wnjmurphy
11th May 2008, 09:34
Would be strange for AA to move after opening a shiny new (well it's very bright) ticket/customer service desk in T3.

They seem to be digging their heels in a little.

redcap1
14th May 2008, 11:58
It has just been anounced that Aviance will be pulling out of lgw as of 31st August 2008. Cargo will remain and so will the lounge and tkt desk but everything else gone.

Bagmanlgw
14th May 2008, 14:22
I knew they were in a bit of trouble , but didnt expect them to pull out all together !!!

Hope all the staff can find jobs with the other handling agents ?

Good luck to them all

What contracts do they still handle at Gatwick ?

Alan Tracey
14th May 2008, 17:49
Real shame as the best staff on the airport.

Not surprised though, as airport is now nearly Easyland and not much work to support 5 agents. I am sure this closure will be the saving grace for the other huge loss makers - Servisair and Swissport.

LGWSTAR
14th May 2008, 18:09
I am sure this closure will be the saving grace for the other huge loss makers - Servisair and Swissport??

I hardly think Swissport are making a huge loss? On the contrary they are probably the biggest handling agent in LGW at the moment

groundhand
15th May 2008, 07:57
LGWSTAR

Size does not equal profit.

Swissport may well be the largest agent at LGW but that, in itself, is absolutely no measure of profitability. LGW is notoriously difficult to make sustainable profits from, Menzies are probably the only ones who turn a decent % due to their pricing structure with EZY.

GH

Ground1
15th May 2008, 08:24
Was really shocked to hear the news that Aviance had decided to pull out of Gatwick, I always assumed that was our biggest station, as our head office at First Point is down that way. Ive met a lot of really good people from LGW who have been up at GLA when we had some troubles and they were all very good at there jobs. Best of Luck to everyone effected in finding new employment.

airhumberside
15th May 2008, 08:27
also, i wonder if the rumor about AA coming into T1, and going to servisair will come true? This may have been changed due to the cancelling of their winter ORD service.
Not cancelled, just reduced to 5xWeek

DAVYDAY
16th May 2008, 06:36
LGW is just another of many!:ugh:

Time to pack your bags Im afraid they are getting out of aviation
ground handling by end of the year.
Under orders from Go away group.

DAVYDAY
16th May 2008, 06:41
This is not sad news, they have abused their staff for years.
threatened closures of airports to keep the staff scared of loosing jobs

This is the start of good news ..
right - when are you getting out of handling forever . word had it that the GO -Away (ahead) group want all closure on aviation handling by end of the year..
NOW TELL THE STAFF THE TRUTH.....And the airlines...:ugh:

DAVYDAY
20th May 2008, 19:00
Who will handle us now..after loosing LGW we hear that GLA EDI and ABZ will fold also.

aviance directors met with the Scottish management last Wednesday ,in EDI ,to inform them of closure by year end.

So who will handle us now?

Any idea,Wisper (EDI)if you know post details.:ouch:

Alan Tracey
20th May 2008, 19:39
HOW SAD you are...... no one replying to the complete rubbish you are writing.......

Northern Hero
20th May 2008, 21:44
Davyday

Please think before you post. I don't know what axe you have to grind against aviance but unfortunately, some poor soul might just believe the rubbish you are posting on here. Remember, these are people's jobs and livelyhoods you are casting into doubt. :ugh:

Would aviance cease their ground handling following the aquisition of BA in Scotland ? No, because BA would'nt allow it and no doubt take aviance to court for breach of contract, plus it would put into jeopardy any future business between the two companies.

groundhand
21st May 2008, 08:48
Northern Hero,

I agree with your sentiments in your first paragraph however, I think you are being naive with regards to the contractual situation with BA.

I sincerely hope that Aviance's future is secure in Scotland and elsewhere outside the current announcement but do not, for one minute, think that a multiple year contract is valued at any more than the termination period clauses available to both parties.

Aviance have a good presence in Scotland but profit is the driver and this will, I beleive, be the decider.
and no-one should minimise the effect it has on individualks.

I hope all the staff affected at LGW find alternative employment in whatever capacity they seek. Losing your job is never a light hearted matter.

GH

tristar500
22nd May 2008, 14:24
Iam sure both BA and Aviance have 'exit clauses' in their contract, in the event things go wrong - whatever thay may be...

Aviance, (THE GOAHEAD GROUP) will not tolerate losses - where ever they are incurred, as we have now seen with the LGW base closure - A major player in the Aviance newtork of airports.

OK, there are a 'few' airports where Aviance do make money, but can a few airports justify the running of all the other airports and the associated costs?

Interesting times ahead for all.

BA will find another handling agent IF Aviance decide to close airport bases where BA are handled. Its not really a big deal. Its been proven this past year that handling agents (whoever they are) can provide an equal - if not better service than staff from within BA so changing wont be such a big issue...

(Changing initially from BA Staff to a handling agent was a task but things have settled down and are working well)

Take nothing for granted!

bruppy
22nd May 2008, 20:54
Unfortunately Mr Davyday is a sad ass Pilot whose wife was affected by aviance's job losses at another station, therefore his Axe is a hateful on. LGW going is a shock to all aviance bases & thier loss will be mourned however they lost large amounts of cash last year & were forecast to lose even more this year, so it was always on the cards. aviance are trying to safeguard the other bases by getting rid of a losing station, dont be suprised if 1st point (known to all as No Point) also disapears.
Hope those at LGW find jobs still within the industry as it does get under your skin.

Bruppy

DAVYDAY
26th May 2008, 13:44
Well call me what you must,The truth hurts.
They have closed Teeside,downsized MAN and are panicking to keep afloat till year end .

You red it here first.

My wife also flys..thank you and has never worked for aviance or any ourther handling company.

Aviance have never made a profit since taking the BMI deal over 7/8 years ago and the Go ahead business will not let it continue.

these are facts!:ugh:

Dropline
26th May 2008, 15:47
Is there any truth in the rumour at LGW that Go-Ahead are shutting down Aviance, but intend to start up another operation as Plane Handling?

stanstedsteve
26th May 2008, 17:34
Any one know if Stansted will be affected by changes else where???

Ground1
1st Jun 2008, 19:21
Just been informed that there will be no redundancies at GLA as the summer schedule is very busy and we need to keep the existing staff.

xtypeman
5th Jun 2008, 12:24
Its a pity to see LGW go. I was lucky enough to work at GH for 9 years this included the demise of Laker. GH was a good team that handled 70% of airlines at LGW and virtually all November reg carriers. To parapharse Victor Kiam Delta where so impressed they bought the company well a quarter.

Hope all my old friends still there get jobs asap.

Xtypeman

Also nown as the infamous N:mad::mad:i Leader. Wheres my bunker.....

tally ho old chap
6th Jun 2008, 21:10
I say good riddance to Aviance as any airport espically scottish ones all their staffs faces are tripping them up :(

The96er
6th Jun 2008, 22:05
Not quite sure what you mean there tally ho, perhaps some punctuation might help ! . On a side note, here at Manchester, we were introduced to our new "Change Director" yesterday - even she didn't know what her job remit was exactly !! , oh, and she has no previous aviation experience either ! - just what we need I guess. :rolleyes:

tristar500
7th Jun 2008, 13:19
Tally ho old chap... Yes, just keep going and forget to come back...

Aviance in the regions had an enormous task in taking over from BA last year. Minimal notice given, blurred agreements on various issues and more work than BA ever did is now being done, for shed loads LESS money - FACT

Put that into context when BA and their sister BACityflyer, cant even run their own operation, nevermind advise the Aviance regions of changes, cancellations or delays to the daily schedule, then any wonder why some of the Aviance staff seem ever so slightly hacked off...

Aviance are a handling agent, who offer services to various airlines. They do a bloody good job with limited staff, experience and cash.

Pitty BAs image is fading fast and the competition is overtaking them at a very fast rate of knots...

Next time you are in London town, transiting through LHR, look around and see what the BA staff are doing, if anything at all, in their new home...

The96er
7th Jun 2008, 15:13
Spot on Tristar500, from day 1, the transiting BA crews were commenting what a difference Aviance have made over the previous BA own staff - for the better !! , now, BA's management here at Manchester have finally admitted to us at least that our performance is far far superior to anything they them selves ever achieved.

Redcap49
7th Jun 2008, 17:04
Having read The96er's comments,I feel compelled to make my first posting.Having worked for BA for 32 years at MAN before being shafted by WW I can honestly say that nothing matched the committment and professionalism of the BA staff on the ground at MAN.Whilst I know for a fact that the standards offered by Aviance over the last 12 months since taking over the handling contract have improved,they are still not a patch on the quality of service previously supplied by BA's own people.
I know the BA management team at MAN personally and what you claim they have said is utter b*****ks.

The96er
7th Jun 2008, 18:47
Redcap49 - I'm only passing on what I've been told from said management and I no doubt you believe you ex-BA lot were a professional bunch of guys and gals, but the fact remains that apart from a few teething problems at the beginning ( with very little training ), Aviance's performance at turning an aircraft around is superior when compared to when BA had their own staff and for far less cost, plus, when you hear comments from the flightdeck crew along the lines off "It used to be a race to see how slow the dispatchers could get to the aircraft" amongst other similar comments, then I begin to question your statement regarding quality of service.

tristar500
7th Jun 2008, 18:55
Redcap69

I managed to rack up 10 years with BA and yes, we were all professional until the very last day, but I do think BA have imposed such impossible tasks in the regions, all of which we never had to follow through whilst at BA ie doors closed policy, TRC walkaround checks etc etc... At BA if we took a delay then... we erm... took a delay. Now, its all hell to pay for for as little as 1 minute! Targets constantly. If its not doors closed, its excess baggage or self-service or some other new fancy target that suddenly appeares in the 'ever expanding and mysteriously never-ending ''Service Level Agreement'' document'...

BA starved the regions over the past 5 years or so. NO investment, and NO second look. LHR was the B all and end all.

MAN may well have run like a Swiss watch, but let me tell you that, from experience a certain station north of the border did not, due to inept management and total lack of directional control, which in the end made it easier for the monkeys at Waterworld to weild the axe.

What is now happening is that Aviance are doing the job cheaper and more efficiently than BA could have done - whether you like it or not, thats the reason BA pulled the plug... When you drop the pay rates, cut all staff travel, remove the BA uniform, it really begins to show.

Redcap49
7th Jun 2008, 19:18
The 96er....As you will probably be aware I know scores of flight deck and cabin crew and the general concencus of opinion is that they miss their own staff doing the handling but commercial decisions rule.By and large Aviance have done a reasonable job considering the lack of training.The comment about being slow to attend aircraft is not commonplace amongst all flight deck crew.There may have been one or two who complained but that was generally because dispatchers may have been delayed on a previous service,which of course not all pilots would understand.You will never keep BA pilots happy all of the time.
Nevertheless,keep up the expected standards and please make sure my shuttle to LHR is not delayed on Monday!!!!

MaskedDispatcher
7th Jun 2008, 19:29
i also heard that aviance OTP is far superior to BA's from both pilots and managment. dont forget that they are also judged on closing all doors up and down at -3mins . . RTG was not a 'studied' statistic under the 'old order' and aviance are still beating it with 'narrowed goalposts' . . BMI next? i'm sure they're watching BA/aviance performance/relationship with interest ;)

Out Of Trim
27th Jun 2008, 21:25
Heard there will be 48 redundancies of Aviance staff at LHR

and possibly more at other Stations TBA.

A sad time for the industry.

tristar500
28th Jun 2008, 11:47
Whats the reason for the redundancies at LHR? Is it the loss of a contract...

Times are hard for all handling agencies and with airlines / operators cutting back, who knows what will happen next. Agencies can only go so far - cost wise - before they end up doing the contract for nothing...

DAVYDAY
30th Jun 2008, 06:35
Ground1.
Just been informed that there will be no redundancies at GLA as the summer schedule is very busy and we need to keep the existing staf.

FACTS
Thats why staff were given packages 2 weeks ago and are now with Menzies and Alba!:ugh:

42 was a figure and they Have shed jobs.
Yes very busy during the summer ,however,The station manager has said to the staff "you have to work with what you`ve got and were getting no mo manpower".

Ramp Manager has gone....
Regional project manager left last week -reason no tools to do the job.(Plenty in head office)

Yes it is a shame for the staff and I do hope they all get other jobs.

I have plenty friends in aviance thats where the info comes, does that not tell you something.:confused:

Ground1
2nd Jul 2008, 10:25
I was referring to Customer Services and not any other department.

TCX69
3rd Jul 2008, 15:51
So as for airlines currently handled by Aviance at LGW, quite a few I believe? Wonder who will go where!

Adria
Air Comet
Air France
Air Namibia
Atlas-Blue
Austrian
Clickair
Delta
Etihad
FlyLAL
KTHY
TAROM

Afriqiyah
AirBaltic
Air Zimbabwe
Belavia
Estonian Air
Ethiopian
Flystar Astraeus
Olympic
US Airways
Zoom

Dropline
3rd Jul 2008, 18:07
Think your list is out of date...

Air Comet - Groundstar
Atlas Blue - Servisair
Delta - Servisair
Ethiad - moved to LHR last year and before that were handled by Servisair
Afriqiyah - already gone to Groundstar
Estonian - Servisair
Ethiopian - not currently operating to LGW - just LHR

But yes, it will be interesting to see who gets what... and lets hope all the Aviance staff being made redundant get taken on by the other handling agents.

silverstreak
3rd Jul 2008, 19:10
What the hell is going on with Aviance...

You would think that having won the BA contract - and only just having completed the first year - that things wouldnt be as bad as are being posted on here, and in other forums... They seem to be in a bad way.

How can they be 'low on cash' already? I suppose the parent group (GoAhead) are realising now that aviation is like a football team - money money money...

Wikstroem
4th Jul 2008, 18:27
Air Baltic - Servisair for some time now
Belavia has gone to Servisair.

EC-ILS
7th Jul 2008, 17:21
I heard a rumour today the Aviance may be pulling out of DUB, any info on that?

DAVYDAY
7th Jul 2008, 18:23
Aviance held a meeting with senior Union Reps & Management at GLA today at 1400hrs.

Just heard that Station WILL close end October this year.
nothing been confirmed,as yet.

Seems HR are doing their rounds station by station.

anyone heard anything!:ouch:

Alan Tracey
7th Jul 2008, 20:43
Sorry confused as that last post as did not really make any sense.....

Union reps told by management at 1400, heard closure, but nothing confirmed!!

Would the union reps have not told the staff they represent by now......?..:ugh:

silverstreak
8th Jul 2008, 00:44
If this news is in fact correct, and GLA is closing at the end of OCT, who will BA get to handle them? :eek:

Whos next on the 'slashers' list? Just because a particular station makes money, is it worth keeping it open when so many others dont make money? :bored:

Have heard a story that BA are talking to 'other' parties with a view to them taking over all handling duties as BA are getting nervous at the closures Aviance are making... :uhoh:

mancairboy
9th Jul 2008, 17:13
some good news for aviance at manchester (for a change) brussels airlines have just signed for another two years effective from 1st aug
:ok:

groundhand
10th Jul 2008, 08:31
mancairboy,

I don't want to rain on your parade but the contract will be a standard IATA GHA which really means anything between 60 and 90 days notice. All the 2 years term does is lock the price in.

As each Aviance location closes the pressure of the overhead gets higher on those remaining. It is highly unlikely that Aviance HO can reduce the company overhead in the same proportion to the size of business (as against the whole business) that closes. This will change the dynamics of previously profitable locations.

I sincerely hope that all at MAN are secure but the UK GH market has been oversubscribed and unprofitable (for the vast majority) for several years and something had to give.

HZ123
10th Jul 2008, 15:58
Might you not be looking at taking over @ LGW for BA later this year, that looks to be a very strong rumour as BA will look too reduce their staffing levels probably by shafting LGW upstairs and downstairs.

silverstreak
20th Jul 2008, 15:25
So... Menzies Aviation 'have been talking' to Aviance about a buyout... Interesting news indeed.

Swissport talking with ALBA too.

Interesting times ahead

DAVYDAY
21st Jul 2008, 06:47
Menzies in talks with Alba, I beleive deal almost done .
Menzies will control the south,Alba the north.

Aviance talking to both Swissport and Menzies.

Gourmet aviation who bought Regional Handling selling to Aviapartner.

silverstreak
21st Jul 2008, 09:15
Any ideas when announcements will be made regarding these 'mergers' of GHAs :uhoh:

Alan Tracey
21st Jul 2008, 18:45
Very interesting...and makes sense as mergers make stronger companies. Can I ask what the source of this info is please..... just that on the 14th we were told GLA to close.... aviance going to Menzies etc

With Swissport strike problems, not sure if they are in the mood to chat to anyone at the moment....

DAVYDAY
21st Jul 2008, 19:47
Never give your sources..ever..

I get the feeling you maybe a senior employee of aviance?
and if so maybe you could share some info...

aviance staff have went to menzies maybe a good start eh!

So far this year, the info passed to us from aviance insiders have happened..lets see what happens next .
very interesting times ahead.

As far as swissport well who knows my source has dried up there as they are shedding jobs Ryanair section in STN.and they need to be carefull.:sad:

silverstreak
22nd Jul 2008, 18:20
ALBA SWISSPORT AVIANCE MENZIES

... When will the 'alleged' announcements regarding 'alleged' mergers, 'allegedly' be made :confused:

All quiet on the front line in said companies and all talk of above, strongly denied by management in said companies.

Granted management will be bound by secrecy, but someone somewhere must know, so come on... SPILL THE BEANS - PLEASE! :ok:

It isnt all that outrageous for GHAs to consider merging considering the rock-bottom pricing mechanisms they employ to win contracts. You can only go so low, especially in this time of financial uncertainty...

Waiting patiently!

DAVYDAY
23rd Jul 2008, 15:33
Well things are moving with the menzies buy-out of aviance.

The Motoring transport side will all go from aviance doing their own
servicing of equipment to TCR.

TCR top man in EDI confirmed today they will take over all menzies & aviance maintanance at all airports.

He said is should all be done and dusted by end of October.

more to follow.................wow.:ooh:

silverstreak
23rd Jul 2008, 18:33
DAVYDAY

Is it just the maintenance side of things, OR the complete package... ie The complete Aviance Ground Handling Operation (Checkin, Ramp, Ops etc)...

I know Menzies are looking to strengthen their position not only in the UK but world-wide. I suppose if Aviance shares are cheap enough, it would be a good deal, considering the BA contract (its worth and Kudos)

:confused:

DAVYDAY
25th Jul 2008, 06:33
Information has it everything the go-ahead group own in the aviation side
aviance ground handling, m/t and cargo side.(including plane handling ).

They want out of aviation...Full stop.

Bought in 2001 and have never made a company operating profit in any year.

Put an manager (ex- ba) into both aviance and plane ,as part of a project had another manager (ex-swissport) go up and down the country to check budgets/manpower/weaknesses.

conclusion sell out.

menzies will take the lot and streamline into one complete ground handling company. they will outsource the m/t side.

Dates of November 2008 or Jan 01st 2009 ....

next update 3 weeks..!:oh:

silverstreak
25th Jul 2008, 10:43
Thanks DD.

This IS a GENUINE RUMOUR isint it? lot of staff with Menzies are starting to asking questions as Iam sure staff from Aviance too...

Just hope the staff are told sooner rather than later, as rumour isnt always constructive. It can be demoralising.

Keep up the 'investigate journalism' and let us know :ok:

Alan Tracey
25th Jul 2008, 22:23
Yet again...complete and utter rubbish.

and still awaiting that anouncement on GLA you "promised as true" weeks ago.......I think you are talking from your a**e.

DAVYDAY
26th Jul 2008, 01:09
oh yes .AT....................
..YOUR PLAN HAS BEEN BLOWN,WIDE APART
shame.

The GLA station has lost employees from aviance..in the last few weeks.
redudancy payments have been made do you need names ?
the strong ramp team Leading hands, 19 full time, (over 12 year men ex MAS)
sickened by your company. have gone..2 weeks ago
waso,jamie,mick to name a few of the guys that dedicated their time and energy to deviance(aviance)and many more **** scared that their next.

Dont go there mate.

Your company is going down the swanny and no one cares about the company just the good men.

stop hiding the truth. PR blew the whistle before he left aviance 3 weeks ago ask MM (BHX).

The station management team are ****ting themselves waiting for closure
already informed by HR. even your management & admin team have approached other companies and are giving info out.

good night and good by.

TURN THE LIGHTS OUT THERES A GOOD BOY.:bored:

LOTS MORE TO COME ....

silverstreak
26th Jul 2008, 19:06
I see PR has left Aviance indeed... Dont know if it was his own decision, or he was shown the door. Now at Eastern Airways. What whistle did he blow?

Ive also been told there is an HR woman (just arrived in EDI) to cover the Scottish stations - all of a sudden. Is this because of the alleged Menzies 'takeover'...

Heres hoping all will be ok for Aviance staff in the long run if this indeed happens. They are a great bunch of people - honestly. They have had to pick up BAs broken pieces and put them together with very limited time, training and experience - but - they have done it, and a great job at that! :D

Gerry Alba
28th Jul 2008, 14:08
Who cares what`s going on.
As long as the staff are taken care of.

If there is any truth in it it will all come out.heard it all before.

Boring boring boring....

Peter has moved on to work with ND at Regional handling -good luck to all.:p

clearasmud154
29th Jul 2008, 19:46
"Who cares what`s going on.
As long as the staff are taken care of.

If there is any truth in it it will all come out.heard it all before."

... what you've said is very true. The rumour mill at Glasgow is in overdrive at the moment - makes coming in for shifts a bit more interesting when you don't know what you're coming in to, or indeed who it is rumoured you're gonna' be working for! Hopefully the staff can take care of themselves, 'cos it's sure as falkirk that the managers won't!

clearasmud154

mancairboy
31st Jul 2008, 12:10
bmi have renewed their handling contracts with aviance at all stations that aviance handle them just a question would bmi renew if it thought aviance was about to close some stations or in talks with menzies/swissport for a takeover?

Megaton
31st Jul 2008, 21:18
Understand from my mole that the new HR woman has been employed on a 6 month contract only to cover staff shortages. Make of that what you will.

tally ho old chap
3rd Aug 2008, 07:03
any truth in rumour heard yesterday that company called albagroundhandling taken over aviance in scotland

silverstreak
3rd Aug 2008, 15:58
Tally Ho Old Chap...

Wouldnt think Alba could afford to 'buy' Aviance. Alba are a relatively new GHA, and only operate out of GLA and EDI at the minute. Aviance are massive in the UK and around the world (under different guises)

Where did you hear of this...

tally ho old chap
3rd Aug 2008, 16:06
silverstreak

it came from cabin crew p merchant in abz yesterday alba also moving in to abz

The96er
3rd Aug 2008, 18:51
Must be true then if it came from cabin crew ! :rolleyes:

tally ho old chap
3rd Aug 2008, 20:02
can anybody give any info on this albagroundhandling as i never heard of them ive been told that it is a guy that owns them but there is a tie up with virgin atlantic and is good friends with sir richard branson?

silverstreak
4th Aug 2008, 20:42
Alba are a relatively new GHA. Started in GLA and now in EDI. They only handle Globespan in EDI (exclusive handling agent to Globespan), but are bigger in GLA handling Globespan, flybe.com and Virgin.

Owned in part by G Rodden, and part by T Dalrymple of Globespan fame.

Seems to be a success and holding their own on all fronts.

PS - Where has DavyDay gone?

CravenDick
4th Aug 2008, 23:30
Alba don't handle flybe. Anywhere.

DAVYDAY
5th Aug 2008, 06:08
SS
some of us work for a living (and a crazy roster) We only come on prune when we get free time from our employers.:bored::zzz:

Looks like thats going to be plenty time in the winter for me
but you will be busy with your buy out eh!

Dont you have any info?
go on risk it, it is a gossip /rumour network after all.

Seen GR yesterday I think they are heading to open a new station .
When I find out where I will let you know.

go on spill the beans................................

came back on duty today now heading south.

silverstreak
5th Aug 2008, 10:56
CravenDick...

Bad info on flybe/alba from pal in the know (or not...) Point taken!

tally ho old chap
5th Aug 2008, 16:49
thanks for the info on alba are they backed by virgin/branson or independently owned

DAVYDAY
5th Aug 2008, 19:39
Alba are indepenent
Gerry Rodden and his wife Morag own most of the company.
(he is ex Logainair/BMI/MAS/Aviance/Groundstar/Swissport).
2 other backers TD and An Other (they wish to remain silent)

Seems they have the balls to take on the big boys .
Menzie lost to them in EDI
Aviance lost to them twice in GLA
Servisair lost to them in GLA
seems more bad news coming for aviance and servisair in the winter.

They work hard, have a different approach , have new equipment and keep the staff sweet (I hear with Champagne).

yes very interesting times to come.

The strong will survive.Good luck to all.:8

CravenDick
5th Aug 2008, 19:57
...and apparently Davy is Alba's local suck up :-)

tally ho old chap
5th Aug 2008, 20:53
seems your in the know about this company are they expanding there wings up north abz in particuliar as we could do with a good new handling agent also down south??

silverstreak
6th Aug 2008, 14:43
DD

Whats the 'bad news' comming this winter for Aviance...

Is it to do with the 'alleged' takeover by Menzies? Things in the west (and probably the east) seem to be running very smoothly from an AVI point of view... No problems, and no talk re above.

I think your info on a takeover may just be a little wide of the mark...

Alan Tracey
8th Aug 2008, 17:03
maybe not looking for a Scot or Swiss partner, something more red, green and black !!!!!!!!:ok:

tally ho old chap
8th Aug 2008, 21:12
there not takeing over emirates are they:confused:

DAVYDAY
11th Aug 2008, 15:29
I maybe suck up with Alba
I do like their attitude they dont bend over to the big boys?

They are heading north..spill Gerry!:cool:

silverstreak
11th Aug 2008, 17:23
Alba heading North and Menzies taking over Aviance...

Whatever next. Etihad Airways operating out of Dundee!

Being honest, I think theres more chance of TWA resurecting themselves, buying the A380 and using it on the JFK-KTM route, than Aviance being bought by Menzies.

As per my previous post, there is NO talk of any takeover at all at GLA or EDI, and all systems are go, as normal at Aviance. Doing a grand job actually and getting great reviews from passengers and crews alike. FACT.

Of course there is money worries - for all GHAs, but with a 4 year contract still to run, Aviance are taking it as it comes and getting on with their business and providing a top-class service to BA and their other customer airlines.

Gerry Alba
12th Aug 2008, 11:51
I thought I would pop in..

Davy Day and Silverstreak your taking life too serious
remember why its called pprune!

Alba are not heading anywhere (at the moment).
and yes you hear all sorts about aviance,alba,menzies,servisair
and all the airlines as well.dont forget that`s what this site is for.

If there is any news I will post it when its ready to go out.

AlanTracey - I dont get the red green and black thing?

Yes a very interesting winter-to quote a GLA station manager
"Only the strong will survive" - well B*ll*cks to that .
The smart will survive.....:8

Keep the stories coming its fun hahahahahahahaha!!!!:ok:.

Out Of Trim
31st Aug 2008, 14:15
Just wanted to say it was great working with you all, over the years..

Today 31 Aug '08 is Aviance's last Operational Day at LGW. The end of an era!

I wish all the former Aviance staff all the best for the future, as you all go your seperate ways.

I'll raise a glass tonight and say Farewell. :(

silverstreak
31st Aug 2008, 18:40
Out Of Trim

Sorry it didnt work out down in LGW... I guess the company in general is out of money... Who knows whats round the corner.

Anyway alll the best to you and the rest of the guys and gals at LGW. :D

Fenders
1st Sep 2008, 17:55
All the best in the future to all the Aviance guys at Gatwick. You've been a great team.

Already you guys were being missed last night, as we had several diverts from LHR, including an Austrian A321 and a Bangladeshi DC10, both of which were refused ground handling from the remaining agencies at Gatwick. Those being Swissport, Menzies and Servisair.
The Bangladeshi landed at 2041z and remained unattended until 2350z when after a lot of pleading to the ground handling agencies, BA said that they would assist with some steps. All the others refused help. The passengers had remained "trapped" on the DC10 for over 3 hours after a long flight from Dakar. A similar thing happened with the Austrian which landed at 2051 and again was left to its own devices until Menzies decided that it would help, but only after 2 hours waiting on a remote stand.
Appalling treatment by all concerned. You wouldn't treat a dog like that. They have rights. Seems that passengers do not. Very 3rd world.

If Aviance had still been around I am sure that the above wouldn't have happened. With all my experience at LGW and working with the excellent teams in Aviance, Gatwick Handling and formerly Dan-Air ground Handling, they have always been very efficient and co-operative, especially with diverts.

Doesn't paint Gatwick in a good light. Why would anyone want to fly into LGW when they could be treated badly.
I just hope we get it right for the olympics. Remember, the whole world will be watching.

Bagmanlgw
1st Sep 2008, 19:30
:ok:Fenders

In respect to the " Appauling Treatment :( " passed out by the ground handlers at Gatwick i feel that i do have to put the record straight for Servisair at least !!! .
You fail to mention in your " report " := the other diverts that all arrived within half an hour of each other ?. Them being a Emirites B777-300 and 2 Iberia A321 / A320s .These aircraft were met by Servisair on arrival and offloaded as soon as staff became available .
As you look / seem like you are at least someone with an ounce of sense , you tell me what handling agent in the UK would have enough staff sitting around to cover that lot inbound at the same time ? And all extra to what you had planned for during the day as the programme slipped ?

The only people sitting around i suspect were the " Handlers " at Heathrow who probable ended up getting an early trap instead :ok: !!!!

Credit i feel where credit is due to Servisair for doing what they could and covering there own inbound / outbound flying programme at the same time !!!

Bagmanlgw

Fenders
2nd Sep 2008, 20:52
Bagmanlgw,

I fully respect what you have said and maybe my posting may have been read out of context. I wasn't suggesting that people were sitting around. I believe that the way the industry is going we are all working harder with less staff and resources and the likes of Ryanair/Easyjet keep squeezing the agencies harder and harder and are expecting a gold plated service for even less payment. Its a situation that has not been helped by the CAA's open skies policy which also allows more handling agents into LGW to cover the same number of flights. Something was going to give and this may have been the final nail in the coffin for Aviance and its very sad to see those guys go. Hopefully they have managed to find positions elsewhere.

I did observe that when the Emirates had parked on 173 (I think) it was crawling with activity from Servisair and shortly followed by the Iberia on 160L and then the other on 180 ( or was it the other way round). I say, well done Servisair. It can't be easy to suddenly take on these extra flights totally unplanned and all of them on remote stands. But what about the other agencies? Could they not help? Servisair had done 3 diverts very quickly, a couple of others were met by Interflight as they were execs and I was told that the Singapore only needed fuel.
It wasn't until after airfield ops put some pressure on that anything happened with the Austrian and then much later with the Bangladeshi. At the very least maybe some steps could have been provided so that the passengers could disembark, especially the Bangladeshi who had been on stand for 3 and a half hours before some steps had arrived.

Anyway, back to the original thread.

All the best to the Aviance team.

silverstreak
2nd Sep 2008, 23:28
The time has now come, where airlines are squeezing the GHAs for everything - and then some more... AND all for peanuts.

The low-cos are leading the way, with their minimal turnarounds. They can only offer 'low-ish' prices, IF they can secure even lower handling costs at their airports. They make deals with airport authorities on parking and landing fees too and get subsidies from certain local governments. The internet has greatly reduced their costs with on-line booking and checkin, as well as self checking in at some airports on automated checkin machines.

The majors are now waking up and smelling the coffee... They can contract out for a fraction of the cost to a GHA, and let them deal with the operation. BUT there is only so-far a GHA can go before they end up doing the job for nothing - at best in some cases...

The GHAs do a great job in most instances, under the circumstances... The airlines agree a fee over a fixed term, which is fine, however more and more demands creep in as time goes on, and before you know it, its running at a loss.

If airlines are feeling the pinch, beleive me, the GHAs are too, and if its good for an airline to merge, consolodate or join forces, then its good enough for the GHAs - survival of the fittest, evolution etc etc...

groundhand
3rd Sep 2008, 07:38
There is a balance to be struck here and whilst having absolute sympathy for the passengers involved on the 2 diverted flights metioned that had to wait for handling there is a responsibility at the airlines concerned to have diversion contracts in place.

They were operating scheduled services into LHR, they will have nominated diversion points.

GHAs, at many airports, hold diversion handling contracts for just this scenario.

This thread started in February, if they were Aviance diversion customers they would have been notified of their planned closure and they should/could have agreed a diversion contract with one of the remaining agents.

If they had no diversion handling contract in place then they have to shoulder the blame. Would you expect to 'drop' into a garage and have your car serviced there and then?

If they did have a contract in place and that GHA failed them then that is between the airline and their agent.

I accept that there is the scenario that they could not divert to their nominated airport/s but think that this is unlikely; and I also accept that this is no comfort to those passengers who were trapped on the aircraft.

GH

call100
3rd Sep 2008, 20:18
All the GHA are struggling because of the greed of the Airlines. It will only end when the GHA all agree it's too low to continue and tell the airlines that the competition will be on service alone......Many GHA start contracts at a loss in a vain hope that something will come of it later.....It's always those on the coalface that suffer...

airhumberside
17th Sep 2008, 08:51
Aviance have won Eastern at MAN

tristar500
18th Sep 2008, 20:11
Keep up the great work and target some more contracts!

Congrats to Aviance in general! The company deserves credit where credit due, especially in these difficult times!

It may only be Eastern Airways (ie smaller end of the scale) BUT its another contract with another income...

:ok:

mufc1000
22nd Sep 2008, 08:13
Aviance also in talks with Air Berlin, Aer Arran and Wizz at Manchester, fingers crossed http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/smile.gif

SCANDIC
7th Oct 2008, 15:08
Aviance are currntly in talks with Monarch Airlines at a few of their stations.:)

silverstreak
8th Oct 2008, 09:37
Aviance already handle MON at GLA and EDI :ok:

SCANDIC
11th Oct 2008, 12:38
Yes but Aviance don't handle them at manchester yet.

tristar500
14th Oct 2008, 21:20
Looking 'very good' for Aviance getting the MON contract at MAN.

groundhogbhx
14th Oct 2008, 22:10
But does that take into account the 4 station agreement I hear Servisair have apparently signed??

mickey71
15th Oct 2008, 00:30
have heard servisair have signed the monarch contract in ltn,so perhaps that ties in with the 4 station agreement?,anyone know where else the contract has changed or might change?

wasnt monarch a aviance contract in ltn?

SCANDIC
5th Nov 2008, 14:36
BMI have announced today that they will be stopping the long hauls from Manchester in January due to the fact that they aren't making any money on the routes, there will be quite a few redundcies at BMI.:(

mancairboy
5th Nov 2008, 17:00
monarch have signed a new 3 year contract with aviance at luton

SCANDIC
5th Nov 2008, 17:47
The latest rumours are that swissport are after getting thomas cook and monarch will go to aviance, they could do with the work now that they've lost a few flights.

SCANDIC
20th Nov 2008, 12:19
Eastern Airways are pulling out of Manchester from the 26th 0f November due to money.:(

SCANDIC
16th Dec 2008, 23:25
Aviance are currently putting a package together for jet2, and they are also in talks with Viking Airlines.The word on the street is that Menzies are due to close sometime next year.

SCANDIC
16th Dec 2008, 23:29
Aviance are currently in talks with jet2 at Manchester and boy they need the work if they are to keep going, the latest news is that Menzies maybe closing in the new year but again all just rumours flying around. Love to see who would pick up Thomas Cook and the Easyjets as nearly everyone are kept busy.

mickey71
17th Dec 2008, 00:10
i had heard a rumour on another post here that servisair have or are about to pick up thomas cook in manchester?

SCANDIC
20th Dec 2008, 19:23
I think that servisair would be in the running to get that airline, nobody else is big enough to handle them.