PDA

View Full Version : Help needed - Chinook Loadie, Falklands 1983

BillyElliott
11th Feb 2008, 14:32
Hi all, hopefully someone can help me.

Im posting on behalf of my dad, Steve 'Taff' Scourfield, who served in the Falklands at the Cottage Hospital as an Army Catering Corps Sgt in 1983.

He is trying to track down a Loadie who was staying in the Sgt's mess at the same time and went by the name of John Mason. He was an Air Load Master WO1 on the Chinooks, afraid we dont know the Sqn. He was based at Odiham at the time.

If anyone has an idea where he is or if you have any contact details, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot :ok:

BillyElliott
11th Feb 2008, 14:52
"RAF does not have WO1 Crewman but they do have Master Aircrew"

I know, but with my Dad saying it was a WO1, he could have been Army or Navy on exchange for all I knew.

Thanks a lot for that, I have had a look and now hopefully have his phone number.

If there is anyone out there who may still talk to him, could you please give me his email via PM if possible.

cheers

teeteringhead
12th Feb 2008, 10:47
He retired a few years ago - his last posting was at Shawbury and I believe he may well have settled in the Shrewsbury area. Perhaps one of the present loadies at Strawbs know contact details and may be prepared to let you know......

OverTq
12th Feb 2008, 12:08
Yes, he now works as a Health and Safety expert and lives in Shrewsbury. He's in the phone book under J J Mason

BillyElliott
12th Feb 2008, 14:13
Hi

Just to let you know, my Dad used the number I got from 192.com, and they have just got off the phone after a long chat and exchange of emails.

Thanks to the first person to reply who seems to have deleted their post since, your a star.

Thanks to all who replied as I know it means a great deal to my Dad, who has tracked down a long lost good friend.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

St Johns Wort
13th Feb 2008, 14:55
John M a Health & Safety expert! You obviously never went to one of his curry and whiskey do's. Far from safe and healthy as I recall.

teeteringhead
13th Feb 2008, 15:08
I think he had the wit to spot an emerging empire and got in early!

OverTq
13th Feb 2008, 16:57
I think he had the wit to spot an emerging empire and got in early!

He did, and is doing more than 'very nicely' now! (hasn't helped him lose weight, though):D