PDA

View Full Version : Route to ATPL

Lost in Cloud
11th Feb 2008, 11:22
I was woundering if anyone could help me out. I am planning on doing the training up to ATPL off my own back i.e. not on a scheme like CTC or Cabair etc. I can hour build quite cheaply up to CPL and obviously I need to do an I/R course. My question is beyond CPL/IR and upto ATPL (frozen) what other courses do I need to do before an airline will think about giving me a job? e.g. Multi-Engine, multi crew and Jet orientation etc

Do airlines take people like me who will do it off my own back for a frozen ATPL or do they prefer cadets who have been through a scheme? What can I do to enhance my chances of landing a job? How many hours, as a minimum do they look for? If need be I can gain my instructor rating and build hours beyond CPL that way. Is this a good route? How many hours as a minimum are required before an airline will look at me? I know cabair offer a scheme for people to be instructors for them and give them the training and pay them a monthly salary. Has anyone done this? Recommendations?

Any advice would be appreciated.