PDA

View Full Version : 50th Anniversary Reunion of 50th Entry Clk Sec RAF Hereford 1963

allan908
11th Feb 2008, 10:58
This is a wild shot in the dark but maybe there might be the odd reader who was on C or H Flt of the 50th Entry Clk Sec RAF Boy Entrants at RAF Hereford who might read this or at least know someone on that entry.

We are trying to contact as many members as possible in the lead up to the 50th reunion in 2013. We've got a few in the group but are well short of many of the names from those 2 flts.

If you think you might help - or are one of us and signed on the dotted line on 25 Sep 63 - then please drop me a PM and we'll get the ball rolling.

allan908
12th Feb 2008, 04:22
Hmm.

Well there are about 85 people spread over the globe - most of whom we have no idea where they are, or even whether they are still alive. So that will take some time to get it all together - hence this thread.

There's also the sensitive issue of trying to get 22 Regt SAS to open up their very tight security doors to let us have the reunion on their/our old patch.

Suddenly, 2013 don't seem so very far away.

It's interesting that you sincerely believe that the London Olympics are going to be ready on time and on budget!

Rod Hugger
12th Feb 2008, 07:55
AIDU - why do you have to be so rude? You must be in a very unhappy place;ROLLEYES...............

Allan 908 - good luck with the planning, I wish other admin staff were half as efficient as you appear to be,

RH

BoeingMEL
12th Feb 2008, 13:06
Opening up the SAS facility in 2013 shouldn't be a major prob if the MOD keep screwing them. (Merged with SBS, Territorials etc)

We now have guys in these parts who can truthfully claim to be SAS badged even though they've never been through selection or fired anything more lethal than a stapler.

(Yep, even regiment penpushers and storekeepers et al are now badged... WTFIH?)

I now propose a Red's suit for all lineys and admiral's cap for stokers too.

Sorry rant over... I just come over all sentimental when I miss the old days of achievement, recognition, commitment and exclusivity. Cheers bm :ugh:

AARON O'DICKYDIDO
12th Feb 2008, 19:25
Allan908

Good luck to you. As most of your entry would have left the RAF in the early/mid 1970's (After completing either 9 or 12 years) you have quite a job on your hands. I do not think you started too soon. PPPPPP.

If I come across any of your entry I will pass the message on.

AARON

scottpe
23rd Mar 2009, 02:44
Would like more info on reunion of 50th "shineys". I was on H flt, Daddy King was our Flt Cdr and my mates were Jimmy rendell, jock reid, barry wallace. I went on to become a "loadie" as did a few others including our Leading Boy from the 47th "lofty" Hayes. I believe "Prof" Henshaw from C flt tried to arrange a reunion many years ago, is he still involved?

sisemen
23rd Mar 2009, 05:50
PM sent. Welcome aboard :ok:

"Prof"

Dundiggin'
23rd Mar 2009, 06:02
Yep I'm still here and am delighted that you seem OK. Wonder if we'll get an invitation along to the 'sprogs' reunion! It would be excellent if that could happen. I can't believe the boyos would let us back into Credenhill tho'. Please pm me to let me know how you are and what you are doing with yourself these days.

sisemen
29th Jul 2012, 04:43
Back to the top for a bit of a refresher!

We're now a little over a year away and still plenty of people to find. If you happen upon this thread then please get in touch with us at 50th Entry RAF Boy Entrants (http://www.50thrafboyentrants.co.uk/)

Or if you know of anyone from C or H Flight that appears lost then give them the word!

Thanks