PDA

View Full Version : jobs?

hugo pta
11th Feb 2008, 10:45
Yo people

If anyone could help me please do coz i have tried looking everywhere.

I'm looking for a job anywhere in europe or the us or even australia or so.

Currentley twin if comm with frozen atp very low on hours about 220?

really dont care what i fly...

Stpaul
11th Feb 2008, 12:39
There is a long long queue that you have just joined the back off.

One piece of advice - network network network.

Don't know anyone to start with! Then get to know someone!

Try carriers that take low hour pilots i.e ryanair
Look on balpa website

Good luck!

Adios
11th Feb 2008, 19:39
Another piece of advice: When looking for help finding a job, consider using a salutation a bit more formal than "Yo People." I'll leave it to the grammar posse to make the other obvious recommendations.

Do you have CASA, FAA and JAA ratings. If not, perhaps you should limit your wish list to the nations that actually accept the ratings you do have. If your ratings are South African, you'll probably need to convert them to work in the locations you listed.

It seems to me that you are just winding people up. Either that or you've done very little research into what it takes to actually be employable in Oz, Blighty or the US of A. Even if you had the proper ratings, you can't just waltz across the border and say, "Yo Mr. airline recruiter, how's about givin' me a job." There'd be no skyscrapers left in New York if it were that simple.

hugo pta
12th Feb 2008, 19:48
I asked advice sir not education

ramshorn
12th Feb 2008, 20:08
Well said Hugo. Some people really do need to chill out a bit. They'll give themselves a hernia..!! :cool:

LL-Snowman
12th Feb 2008, 20:52
chill out Adios. This is meant to be a site where we can help one another and offer advice. If you cant do that, go somewhere else.

My advice, try the low cost guys especially Ryanair. They need 400 pilots this year, im sure you have the required documents to get in touch with them.
LL Snowman.

GusHoneybun
12th Feb 2008, 22:40
hugo,

adios has given you some good advice, just because you don't like what you hear, doesn't mean it's not valid.

SpanwiseGlow
13th Feb 2008, 18:37
Hugo,

What I would do, is search the forum on how to put together a first class pilot CV and cover letter.

I would then look at PPJN.com and this link here: www.pilotcareercentre.com/JobResearchHome.asp (http://www.pilotcareercentre.com/JobResearchHome.asp)

I would look at the air carriers that recruit pilots with the licence you have.

I would tailor my cover letter and CV specifically to that airline / operation. Make sure that your application goes to the correct person and not just the HR department. I would follow up the application with a short polite phone call, say a week later.

Keep a spreadsheet of your applications and any replies that you get. Write at regular intervals i.e. every 6 months or when you add any additional skill / rating / course or substantial hours.

If you get a thanks but no thanks reply, write back thanking them for acknowledging your application, telling them that you will reapply when you meet their requirements.

Rack your brains. Do you know any employed pilots that may be able to help you network? If not, do you know anyone that does? Networking can go a very long way.

Have you considered an ops job in a small airline? Have you considered flight instructing at a strategic airfield that will allow you to meet people?

Best of luck.

Spanwise.

Adios
13th Feb 2008, 21:35
Hugo,

Sorry I came across so harshly. I could have toned it down and still got the point across, probably just by leaving the last paragraph off.

You show your location as South Africa and say you want to work in Europe, USA or Australia. I don't know any 21 year olds that are both qualified with the needed ratings and the proper citizenship/work rights to actually be eligible for what you hope to do?

Most airlines won't even invest in a postage stamp for a rejection letter if you send a CV without leave to remain and JAA/CASA/FAA ratings as required.

SpanwiseGlow's advice is very good, but it would be a waste of time to do it if you don't have the right to work in the countries where you are sending those CVs to. Airlines in none of these countries are desperate enough for pilots that they will go to the trouble and expense of helping a non-resident get a work permit so they can hire him.

If you will include your citizenship and what aviation authority issued your ratings in your next post, the advice you get thereafter will probably be more helpful.

SAA
16th Feb 2008, 17:33
Hey Hugo
Im from pta myself living in the uk at the moment. I agree with the above post. Without the right to live and work here and without the jaa frozen atpl you can basically forget it. Im converting my licence at the moment.

I have been there and tried it all. If you need more info pm me.