PDA

View Full Version : Air Zimbabwe

RoyHudd
11th Feb 2008, 06:58
Heard an Air Zim callsign headed into Paris FIR early Saturday morning. Are they still operating a shedule into Paris, or was this simply another shopping trip for Mrs. M?

Ingwe
11th Feb 2008, 08:09
Bob and his Mrs are banned from travelling to EU and USA unless for example he goes to States for a UN meeting even then Air Zim banned from US air space... Air Zim still flying regular flights to LGW could it not have been one of these flights on it's way to LGW you heard? None of the senior ZANU PF Ministers their family etc allowed to travel to EU either...

Bartholomew
13th Feb 2008, 23:20
Could have been they'd called ahead and discovered the island was covered in that terrible "white" stuff and decided they'd better go somewhere else more appropriately populated? Think I heard them southbound, later though, but the 126.9 call was "indistinct" concerning origin... rather fast and blurred. I could blame distance and celestial interference for my confusion however.

JTrain
15th Feb 2008, 21:01
It was probably the LGW flight. They go there about 8 or 9 times per week from Harare, and the flight passes over Paris. I had the "experience" of being a pax on them last year - literally we passed right over top of CDG on the descent to Gatwick.