PDA

View Full Version : AJX Roadshow

pigdriver
11th Feb 2008, 06:21
Have heard that AJX ( air japan) are coming to Australia for a roadshow soon. Its linked with one ( maybe more) recruitment companies, to try and get a few new pilots for the pax operation.
I believe they will be in Sydney in the coming weeks.
I wonder if they actually expext ANY one to turn up.????
Lets face it, with the current failure rate on transition course,(and length of course??!!!),strong Oz dollar, and no pay rises's in almost 6 years, why go????
I have spoken to a few drivers who went there , and they say nothing has changed since they started. The company is always trying to screw them ( very japanese / asian ), and they are about to start more back of the clock flying!!?? Nothing has been done about increasing time off, days at home etc ( always minimum, and never anything extra ), and even the cargo side (AJV I think??) get more time off, money, and respect from management!!!!
Apart from the recent business class tickets which have been offered to pilots ( which should be part of the contract anyway!!!!! ), nothing has changed !!!!
So if you are really bored, and want to have a laugh at what these guys are offering, go along..............

galdian
11th Feb 2008, 13:57
Hi pigdriver

Not contradicting anything you have said, the jungle drums I have heard are similar with a few variations.

AJX (Air Japan, the px operation), is allegedly not looking at the moment for non-rated drivers but looking to upgrade current F/O's; that's todays story of course, wake up tomorrow and could all be different.
AJV (the "newer" freight side) is looking for rated/non rated capts and F/O's.
The freight side has slightly(?) better T&C's as more back of the clock therefore harder and worthy of better pay - that's the story.
For any remotely interested I would suggest look up Crew Resources (associated with HACS, set up by some ANA execs as a way of screwing more money out of ANA as middlemen - allegedly - a bit like GD and that new cabin crew company at the rat.) :eek:
They have indicative T&C's (this is NOT a contract!) on the website, interestingly last time I looked the Air japan side was "locked out" with no info inferring that there are no positions currently available?? May have changed.
Without actual figures there does seem, as you indicated, to be a significant washout rate - reasons open to conjecture.

Regarding ANK (the 737's) they have never had foreigners until the last 6/12 months and have had a lot of difficulties adapting to the culture shock of foreigners within their ranks.
Quite a number apparently have departed having been cleared for less than 6-12 months.
One of the quaint ANK ideas was to have the new Captains, after 6 months (+/-) of blood sweat and tears actually getting the JCAB licence and being cleared by the JCAB, do company "checks" every month for the first 6 months to make sure their standard was OK.
A "warm and fuzzy feeling" for who with this thought??
Suppose if you got a reasonable company checkie and it was more "observational" then OK; if you got one who hadn't scored from the missus the night before and was not the happiest individual.......!
Of course if they could not "check" you in any month for operational reasons that would be OK - just roster two the next month. :ugh:
I'm sure there's logic there - somewhere.

The dash 8's - weeeeeell someone might have suggested that the greater the meglomania of an exec the further down the food chain was he cast to run his own operation. Whom would I be to make comment? ;)

Be aware of carrots - for example the agreement would only be for an upgrade assessment for F/O's, NOT a guarenteed shot at command. Big difference.
Consider tax implications - gotta pay tax somewhere.

Anyhow my two cents worth.
Cheers
galdian :ok:

Xatrix
28th Feb 2008, 02:47
Pretty poor turnout I heard? Coupla QF blokes in the morning session in their boardies and double pluggas, and the other few were GA/regional guys who didn't meet the heavy jet criteria anyway? More coin required...:}

speedtwoten
28th Feb 2008, 03:38
both companies, check pilot thinks they have very high standard:confused: but actually is they never been flown outside their countries e.g domestic only and experience only on B737:ugh:if they could look to the reallity, they even can't speak english properly but they failed pilots with high experience just because not match with their domestic standard, how could they expand, check the failure rate with PARC or RISHWORTH, and they looking for pilots since 4 years ago but never ever get:\