PDA

View Full Version : A320 - CAE Madrid or Sim Center, Miami

ssm
11th Feb 2008, 02:48
Hello everyone,

Having been shortlisted during the selection process of Kingfisher Airlines (India) I have the option of doing my A320 TR from one of the 2 centers -

1. CAE, Madrid - www.cae.com (http://www.cae.com)
Training Cost - $31000*
Duration - 6 weeks
Includes - Multi Crew Cooperation Course & A320 type rating course

2. Sim Center, Miami - www.simcenter.cc (http://www.simcenter.cc)
Training Cost - $28000*
Duration - 8 weeks
Includes - Jet Bridge course and the A320 type rating course
The final "D" simulator training in this case would be done at Minneapolis.

* accommodation, travel, etc is additional in both cases.

This is a self sponsored TR. Currently we are given a "letter of intent" and would be inducted when we return with the endorsement. Hence need to gather as much information as possible.

I would appreciate if anyone could provide any kind of input (positive or negative) on either of the centers. It would help me make a well informed decision.

Thanks!
Sam

netfreak
15th Feb 2008, 18:55
I am going through the same dilemma. But I guess I am going to be choosing SimCenter ... the only trouble is that the nearest dates are 11th and 24th Apr.

Let me know if you get any info ... do email me you contact details ... [email protected]

ZFT
15th Feb 2008, 19:17
Make sure you are comparing apples with apples. The JAA and FAA TR syllabi are quite different.

redout
16th Feb 2008, 12:56
I would also take language into account in this situation. In Miami you will most likely be instructed by fluent english speakers whereas in Madrid you most likely will not. I have experience of this in Madrid and found sometimes that it was hard to ask something and get a coherent response from the instructors and this I found quite annoying as you are spending quite a large chunk of change and would certainly expect a better service. That said, the odd instructor had quite good english but I personally found that most did not have a high enough level to teach a type course in english. Hey, but different strokes for different folks.

netfreak
17th Feb 2008, 06:53
redout, thats soo true ... having an FAA CMEL, I guess the more comfortable option would be SimCenter.

The JAA and FAA syllabus would be quite different, but the airliner I am joining does not take that into account.

ajinkya_game
18th Feb 2008, 04:19
Hi,
This is Ajinkya Rasal from India,I have got my commercial pilot's license from India and my multi engine training from Australia.I want to do the Airbus 320 type rating need some information as - approx cost of accomadation and food , procedure of joining ,date of commensment of training,minimum requirements ,my tentative date of joining will be 1st of june or before .thanking you

squidward
18th Feb 2008, 04:57
I just got back from SimCenter in Miami.

PM me if you have any questions.

durgesh23587
6th Mar 2008, 06:36
Hi, I am having Indian CPL. And I also want to do the A-320 type rating course in Simcentre. So please provide me the info abt. that. My email ID is [email protected]

b777ng
7th Mar 2008, 08:30
hi Durgesh!
R u an aviator student?
A lot of aviator guys are opting for a320.
I dont understant this aviation boom in India even after getting 200ME hrs if one has to go for Type then scene seems quite competitive!!!