PDA

View Full Version : Financial Loan Advice?

Rich P
9th Feb 2008, 15:08
I'm starting my CPL/IR in June with £14,000 in the bank and a house with over £50,000 of equity, so I thought financing the course wouldn't be hard.

Having come to the point where I'm enquiring about loans, my own mortgage lender plus a host of other loan companies will not give me so much as £1 because I need to stop work for 3-4 months to complete the training and therefore won't have an income. That's even taking a secured loan.

I do not want to sell my house until I'm forced to relocate as I can easily go back to my current job after training and stay current on twin-engine IR until something comes along.

Any idea who does provide a loan in these circumstances?

mcgoo
9th Feb 2008, 15:13
You could try a career development loan, these you can defer the repayments until 18 months after you finish training, but you can only borrow up to £8,000.

AlphaMale
9th Feb 2008, 15:19
I did read you could have a CDL and not have to pay it back until up to 3 years after taking it out?

The link is here (http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/career-development-loans).

Good luck.

Leezyjet
9th Feb 2008, 18:13
Just don't tell them you are going to be off work for 3 months.
As long as they are getting their money then there shouldn't be an issue.

I never told my bank, and they are non the wiser. They are still getting what they are owed, so no reason for them to suspect anything.

:ok:

MIKECR
10th Feb 2008, 06:24
Exactly, tell them its for home improvement.