PDA

View Full Version : Licence Renewal

dash8pilotCanada
9th Feb 2008, 11:44
I have a question regarding my licence. I have a Canadian CPL and Multi-IFR. My IFR expired a few years ago but my medical is valid. My IFR expired in 2004. Do have to get my CPL renewed or only my IFR. I have not flown a Canadian registered aircraft since 2003..

Canuck15
9th Feb 2008, 12:24
Hey Dash8

here's the score ....canadian IFR is valid for 2 years from the initial issue and you have 2 more years from the date of expirey to get it renewed with a multi IFR flight test . in your case you have gone beyond 4 years so you have to treat it like a new IFR . the inrat exam and a flight test is what will get your ticket back, unless you been flying for an airline outside of Canada and show that you have done a check ride on an aircraft or a sim which would save you the written hassle and then only a flight test .

hope this helps

happy landings

dash8pilotCanada
9th Feb 2008, 16:19
I got that about the IFR, ive been flying abroad for the last 4 years. I have my licence, a copy of PPC and a letter from the DGCA ready, so hopefully no INRAT, just a flightest..

My question is, (my medical is valid), do I need to do anything for the CPL itself since I have not flown a C registered aircraft in 4-5 years.

IHL
18th Feb 2008, 02:37
Your commercial licence is still valid, there is no time limit on it. The IFR as pointed out is good for 4 years then you have to write.