PDA

View Full Version : PILAPT Software

Wing_man
9th Feb 2008, 10:05
Hey Guys,

Could anyone recommend "pilot aptitude" software thats currently on the market since I'm due for CTC stage 2?

I have seen various versions on the web however I am unsure if they are up to date?

Help much appreciated

<W-M>

Superpilot
9th Feb 2008, 19:44
pilapt prep and cockpitweb

Wing_man
10th Feb 2008, 05:30
thanks for that

Wing_man
10th Feb 2008, 06:34
Apologies for the double post,
I shall buy cockpitweb package seems more professional, would anyone agree / disagree.

Does anyone have a copy of cockpitweb

all the best

hvogt
11th Feb 2008, 13:26
The Cockpitweb software definitely helped me with the one particular test in which you have to observe the numbers, shapes coloures etc. while handling the joystick. Concerning the other parts of the PILAPT test the Cockpitweb software is absolutely out of date.

polribgar
22nd Feb 2008, 11:10
Dear friend,

So you don't reccomend me to purchase this software?

Many thanks in advance!

chris-squire
23rd Feb 2008, 16:08
PILAPT is fantastic. I spent about a weeks practising on it and ended up nailing the assessment. No experience of Cockpitweb but cant speak highly enough of PILAPT.

hvogt
24th Feb 2008, 14:02
Hello polribgar

As I said, using the cockpitweb software was a good preparation for the PILAPT test. It helped me with the trickiest part of the test. So if you ask me if I would recommend the software to you I would say "yes". After all it is a good investment and what is 70 or 90 Euro when it helps you to land a job.

Just be aware that the software does not cover all parts of the PILAPT test and that it also includes programmes that are not part of the actual PILAPT test (any more?).

24th Feb 2008, 14:41
The pilapt software that I purchased online, although helpful with my assessment, did not tell you if your answers were correct or not.

Seems a bit daft. The software seemed incomplete!?

pt_flyer
24th Feb 2008, 15:24
108.9 - Which PILAPT software are you talking about? Cockpitweb or PILAPT prep?

It seems strange to not tell you if the answers are correct or not.:ugh:

24th Feb 2008, 16:21
Pilapt prep.

Yeah I know its bizarre.

chris-squire
25th Feb 2008, 15:28
It's been a while since I used it but I'll check that out tonight. I know i remember thinking it was stupid when I first installed it that no feedback was given but seem to vaguely recall then finding that it does in some parts. I might be wrong though.

Having done PILAPT I would have to say that whether you're right or wrong on the practise isn't really the issue. What I found more useful was having the confidence of knowing what was infront of me. If you really really struggle with it after a few go's then you will likely struggle on the actual assessment.

Good luck :ok:

Penny89
29th Feb 2008, 12:44
Hi, i recently downloaded Pilapt Prep, and an error message appears, saying that i need to download .net 1.1.4322 when i try to install it... has anybody else had this? thanks

29th Feb 2008, 13:10
Havnt come across that. E-mail the guys at pilapt, they sort it out for you.

Turbavykas
29th Feb 2008, 13:53
By .net it means that you probably have to download and install Microsoft .Net

woskam
1st Mar 2008, 12:45
Going against the trend in the thread so far here, but I honestly don't think these things are that helpful. Sure you can practice a little, but the PILAPT and COMPASS tests are designed to test your core skills - if you don't have the capacity in the first place you're never going to have it. I'd say that the only thing they can help you with is familiarity, therefore on the day of your assessment you know what to expect, but in terms of helping you get better at the tests, I think their effect is somewhat limited.

1800ed
7th Sep 2008, 20:47
I've been told by a few schools that you can buy this kind of software and practice at it. It will give you a better score on the tests, but that's not how the pass/fail is decided...

Gavin Smith
8th Sep 2008, 00:18
Is anyone else having difficulty accessing the http://www.pilapt-prep.co.uk/ site? It was working last week and have an assessment coming up. When I eventually had my credit card in hand to go and pay the site is down, and has been for a good couple of days.

AKAFresh
8th Sep 2008, 01:18

This software is very good if you are going for the BA selection tests. I'm not sure if the BA tests have changed but none-the-less it will give you a very good idea of what to expect. The individual tests on the day may be slightly different so be careful and read all the instructions but the skill they test is often the same.

As for FTO tests, again even if the tests are not exactly the same they are a great way to practice aptitude tests in general. I found them to be very similar to the BA aptitude tests but if I knew about them before I did the FTO selection tests I would have certainly used them!

Practice makes ALL the difference in these type of tests so even if its not the same as the ones in the FTO tests you will face at your school they will help and plus if you decide to join BA in the future then they will certainly come in handy.

Often the pass/fail decision is kept secret for obvious reasons but you want to give yourself the best chance and often these selection tests are the first stage of the process, the more important and character defining stages are later ie the interview and sim check.

I would not worry too much about how they make the decision as this is out of your control but instead focus on getting the best results so theres no way they can say 'no' in the first place.

Good Luck to you. :ok:

Rgds
AkA

poss
8th Sep 2008, 06:00
Practice makes ALL the difference in these type of tests

Having never used an aptitude testing software to practice with I can only repeat what others, who have purchased PILAPT software and used it to practice with have told me; whilst the increased familiarity with the types of tests you may undergo during selection for a job/FTO placement helps with confidence and can improve your performance... it is not by a margin that would make much of a difference.
The People that create tests such as PILAPT claim that you will either be good at them or you wont, simple as that. Of course there might people that are an exception to these claims, who knows.

AKAFresh
8th Sep 2008, 17:55
Since this thread has been merged with another and moved at the same time seems that some replies have been mixed around.

My PERSONAL comments were about 'cockpitweb' software. Please be aware I have never used the 'PILAPT' software and therefore can not comment on it.

However I have to disagree with 'poss', that margin you talk about completely depends on the individiual person. As you righthly say they help in confidence and familarity with the type of tests and skills involved so why not give yourself the best possible chance and use them. For some people they may only help slightly but for others they may help alot either way it has helped!! This maybe the difference to pass/fail. They are by no means a garantee to success on the day but iv not come across anyone who has said they did not help what so ever, usually if its negative feedback it tends to be because the tests on the day were not exactly the same but these are not the specific airline tests so how can you expect that in the first place. Its just a means to practice, gain familiarity and confidence.

Trust me Practice does make ALL the difference. Iv seen it first hand and with my fellow colleuges in the airlines. Like I mentioned before I have only used the cockpitweb software and if you read my previous post I mentioned it helped significantly with the BA selection tests. Though the tests had slight differences they were very similar, just make sure you read the instructions carefully on the day so not to get caught out!!

It may not work for you but certainly did for me and others I spoke to.

Good Luck to all! :ok:

49a5fbdcccb2a46cdac4
17th Nov 2008, 17:59
Txt spek? - no thanks!
HWB

Flying Squid
17th Nov 2008, 18:12
:ok:PIALPT prep software is a valuable resource to give you an idea of what to expect and a bit of a confidence booster pre-test day. It's only £20 which is pretty cheap when you look at how much you are looking at spending on training.

I used it for about a week prior to my assessment day but havent touched it since. Infact given the state of the world I reall'y doubt these assessment days will be around much longer. After all, what FTO is going to turn down your cash and since the HSBC loans have been withdrawn I can't really see any value to them anymore. They were only ever a bit of a reassurance thing for the bank in the first place. If you have the spare cash to pay for an integrated course then there's no real benefit to it anyway. I haven't found any of the PILAPT stuff relevant to my training thus far.

Hope this helps.

fibod
17th Nov 2008, 19:14
So if they don't work, you waste your money on the software. If they do work, they help you cheat at the real tests. Then you might go on to do a course for which you are not really suited, and because you lack the aptitude for the course, it will cost you more than it should.

Hmm; this software clearly makes a great contribution to aviation. If it doesn't work, you waste a little money. If it does, you waste a lot of money.

Sounds like what it is really good for is the people behind the software.

eednil
19th Nov 2008, 05:35
Hey guys,

How does one purchase Pilapt-Prep?

The www.pilapt-prep.co.uk website seems to be down, but there is a www.pilot-prep.co.uk website which loads. The cached version of pilapt-prep.co.uk looks the same as the pilot-prep.co.uk website, but the pilot-prep.co.uk site is selling a product called Pilot-Prep. So is pilot-prep the new website, or is it a website trying to steal my credit card details?

Superpilot
19th Nov 2008, 15:08
Hi,

It's the same, just a renamed site/product. Now called PILOT-Prep

Flying Squid
20th Nov 2008, 15:57
Fibod - Your comments are a bit pesimistic. If you think that the PILAPT test determines your suitability to a career as a pilot or whether or not you're "made of the right stuff" then you are very much mistaken. It's a bit of a guide that's all. There are far too many factors which determine how good you will be as a commercial pilot for a 6 or 7 part test which takes an less than an hour to decide. The PILAPT PRep software is only loosely based on teh real test and in reality the real test and the prep software are fairly disimlar. As for calling it cheating...... did you use Birstol during your ATPL's and if so would you call that cheating then????

Rj111
20th Nov 2008, 22:21
When i was going to CTC assessment a long long time ago. I did a bit of research about the tests and actually wrote a computer programme which was designed to simulate that nasty super duper multitasking one at the end. I got it so it did the numbers thing as well as the shape thing similtaneously. Though you didn't use the keyboard to tap it in, instead i just acknowledged the number in the shape when it turned up and when the number pattern changed. Then to finish the effect i did a level on Pilotwings on the N64 at the same time, that or that ridiculous helicopter game you find on the internet. Must say, it was startingly accurate to the one i was presented with on the day, even the Mrs Hawkins voice.

I dunno how much i benefitted from that, it certainly gave me more confidence though even still i made a few cock ups on the day. I managed to pass though.

Frankly though even if it increases your chances only 1% they (the prep software) are still probably worth getting, because presumably a potential job may ride on that test so you need to maximise your chances and that 20 quid is nothing given the amount of training you have done/will do.

BritishGuy
18th Jan 2011, 11:08
Where can I purchase the PILAPT aptitude testing software from? I know this is an old post, but hopefully someone can help (or at least point me in the right direction).

BritishGuy
19th Jan 2011, 20:12
Anyone - please?

havana_club69
30th Jun 2011, 12:39
Apologies for bringing this up as the thread seems quite old but does anyone where I could get PILAPT as their web site appears to be down.

Also if anyone has downloaded this through Torrents, was there a particular one you used?

Any comments welcomed as Im lost on where to get a copy from :(

FoJohansson
30th Jun 2011, 20:53
If i remember correctly, you cant find it anymore :/

shorty79
30th Jun 2011, 22:15
I passed CTC using cockpitweb software, it's not perfect but a good start.
Brush up maths too if I were you!

Good luck.

havana_club69
1st Jul 2011, 06:52
Cheers appreciate the advice, am able to get the cockpitweb softeware, was just wondering about the Pilapt itself.

Cheers :ok:

pilot6
18th Feb 2012, 12:43
he havana pilot,

I tried the pilotapt, and cockpitweb software,
but the Aero-Pedia pilot test preparation is according to me the best. and also cheapest:rolleyes:

good luck, i am hired with BA now, starting type rating soon, yes !

justonewing
14th May 2012, 23:42
are you advertising ? :-)

to me aeropedia is the worst soft ever sold. nothing to see with the real pilapt...

go to http://www.pprune.org/interviews-jobs-sponsorship/484373-pilotest.html

Eddie98765432
10th Aug 2012, 15:32
Hi does anyone have any tips on how to improve my score on the pilotest called pattern. Any help would be hugely appreciated as I have an aptitude test coming up.

Cheers

paulslats
12th Aug 2012, 12:03
Hey,

Has anyone used any of the pilapt prep software for fte and did it help. Have my assessment soon and any help would be so much appreciated.