PDA

View Full Version : Requirements JAA CPLH IFR RATING

Capt.Gonzo
8th Feb 2008, 20:37
Hello everyone!

I´m currently holding a JAA CPL-H licence.
I would like to grade it up with an IFR rating.

Does anyone know what are the requirements?
what would be the costs roundabout if I would do it on an R-22?

G-HALE
8th Feb 2008, 21:50
The JAA IR rating<H>

First of all, VERY RARE, in fact I dont know anyone that has done a JAA IR<H> in an R22(FAA system is different though) In most case's and schools around europe it is done on a twin-engine heli such as the the twin squirrel or the Agusta 109, but I am aware that Bristow helicopters in the UK can offer a single engine IR done on a B206 and a AS350 in the near future.

For a JAA CPL holder, the JAA IR course requirements are 50 hours training of which 35 hours may be done on a FNPT 2 simulator.
Your looking at the best part of €35,000 to €50,000 to fund your IR. Before you can start the course you need at least 50 hours PIC cross country done and have passed the JAA theroy exams for an IR.

I know some guys that had there PPL<A> and did a quick and cheap JAA IR<A> in spain for around €8,000. They then converted it to a JAA IR<H> on twin squirrel in the UK. To convert from A to H, its only 10 hours on a twin heli then you do your JAA IR<H> skill test. Can work out ALOT cheaper this way, but dont count on it. This way wont work for everyone.

Why do you want to do a JAA IR may I ask? Are you planning on flying off shore?

Capt.Gonzo
10th Feb 2008, 08:54
@ G-HALE

Thank you for your information!
I see, it is verry expensive to get a JAA IFR Rating on Helicopter :eek:

But, the idea to do it on airplane sounds verry smart to me :ok:

I have recognized that there are some positions available in the offshore business in the recent time. I´m just checking out what is possible for me, after my time in the military.

Fly save