PDA

View Full Version : Licence conversion

Malcolm G O Payne
8th Feb 2008, 15:16
I have been told that the DGAC is no longer coverting UK FRTOL to Indian equivalent. About twelve months ago there was an identical story being circulated and proved to be no more than a rumour. Is there any truth in the current statement?

divinesoul
9th Feb 2008, 05:25
hi

Conversion of foreign FRTOL to Indian equivalent is not done by Indian DGCA but by WPC wing,ministry of telecommunications,Govt of India.On the basis of the document called "COP-RTR" from the ministry the DGCA issues a FRTOL licence.

cheers.

haree
11th Feb 2008, 05:31
As per a new circular , the WPC states you can convert the FRTO only if you have a Pilot licence from the same ICAO state. I guess this means if you want to convert a UK RT you would need a SPL/CPL/ATPL from JAA

:}

powerup
12th Feb 2008, 08:55
They keep changing the rules so often, that we are in a quandry as to what is applicable and when!!!!

Guys doing their CPL from Aus, Canada and UK have an easier time converting their FRTO once they have a PPL or higher license, but then what about students from the US of A. Do they have to go through the whole routine of taking Indian FRTO exams thru a flight school?????

haree
12th Feb 2008, 10:03
FRTO (COP RTR) exams are not conduted by flight school its done by WPC (Wireless planning commission) - equivalent of FCC in US of A

Haree

pri_p81
12th Feb 2008, 18:37
:confused:Hey everyone, :confused:
gone through all your posts, and i've a question i'm doing my CPL from US, & preparing for UK RT, now that some one told me that UK RT in not anymore converted in India if CPL is not done from UK, so is that true or what??

Can anyone helpme out with it, is UK RT valid if done from US & CPL done from US, & can i converted in INDIA

pls everyone, i need a help
thanx everyone

Malcolm G O Payne
12th Feb 2008, 19:19
The way I read the memorandum is that you will have to have a UK Pilot's Licence for a UK FRTOL to be considered for conversion, or if you do not have a valid UK pilot's licence, you will have to do Part 1 of the Indian RTR test.

pri_p81
14th Feb 2008, 01:53
Hey malcom,
thanx bro for your information, i got you now i know wat i've to do, is i've to do Part 1 exam in India
anyway thanx for your hlep
bye & t/c

rotate2flare
3rd Apr 2008, 11:21
No.J-22022/13/2008-WF
Government of India
Ministry of Communications & IT
Department of Telecommunications
(WPC Wing)

Sanchar Bhavan
20, Ashok Road
New Delhi-110 001
March 13, 2008

MEMORANDUM

Sub: Renewal of permits in respect Flight Radio Telephone Operators Licences (FRTOLs)-
Addendum thereof.

In continuation to this Ministry’s Memorandum of even number dated 7th February, 2008 regarding “Conversion/issue of permit in respect of Forreign Flight Radio Telephone Operators Licences (FRTOLs)”, the following additional provisions are effected.

i. With a view to facilitate smooth transition and to enable the existing Permit holders to take up the Part-I examination conveniently, it has been decided by the Competent Authority that all eligible holders of Indian Permits, issued on the basis of Foreign FRTOLs, are given a one time extension of validity of such Permits up to 31st December, 2008. All eligible holders may accordingly apply to this Ministry to get their permit renewed up to 31.12.2008. Further renewals beyond this date will be permitted only after clearing the Part I of the RTR(A) examination conducted by this Ministry by them.

ii. Applications, in respect of fresh conversions, submitted after 7th February, 2008 shall be treated in accordance with this Ministry’s Memorandum of even number dated 7th February, 2008.

s/d……. ( Gulab Chand)
Asstt. Wireless Adviser to Govt. of India

To

1. Director General, Civil Aviation Dept., New Delhi.
2. All Regional Licensing Offices.
3. Website.

rotate2flare
3rd Apr 2008, 11:24
This link will help most to figure out their next move. It has all th relevant notices regarding FRTO. A bit much if you ask me.

http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/