PDA

View Full Version : PPL hours and first job

bennyjoha
8th Feb 2008, 14:00
Will an employer look at the number of hours needed to get a PPL - i.e. is it a disadvantage in relation to get the first job if one has say 66 hours from the PPL if the CPL was done in minimum hours required?

Bravo73
8th Feb 2008, 14:12
No.

That was easy, wasn't it?

manfromuncle
8th Feb 2008, 15:36
How did you reply with just one word? I thought the server wouldn't let you do that?!

flightlevel1985
8th Feb 2008, 15:42
looks like at least six words to me lol

manfromuncle
8th Feb 2008, 16:20
Oh yes, I see now!

KNIEVEL77
8th Feb 2008, 17:29
I wonder if MFU typed his response then changed the colour of the words he didn't want visible to white, that would render the words invisible........at least thats how I hide keywords on Ebay!!!:ok:

helicopter-redeye
8th Feb 2008, 19:23
just sweep it with yr mouse (but what else did I say.....)

Camp Freddie
8th Feb 2008, 19:34
bennyjoha,

to answer your question with a little more info.

bravo73 is correct they will not care about when you got your ppl, they will be interested in.

1) total hours
2) type ratings and hours on types.

depends on which jurisdiction you are looking for a job in, but in the UK a basic CPL(H) will normally normally not get you a job unless you have connections, you need either an instructor rating or an instrument rating to increase your chances.

regards

CF

MartinCh
8th Feb 2008, 22:46
manfromuncle,

It took you only 40 odd mins to suss out what's the craic.
Congrats. You made it. Nice to see that one can learn. I highlighted the text even before reading the rest of replies.

TT when getting PPL depends on many things. Why would prospective employers take that into consideration? it's about TT, PIC and ratings, innit?