PDA

View Full Version : vic airwing

lookatme
6th Feb 2008, 23:44
Is there any truth in the rumour, chc are going to be crewing the ambulance heli out of Melb and the cops are getting booted out ?

Turkeyslapper
6th Feb 2008, 23:57
I heard that one as well (after it passed through several hands!). Any truth to the rumour that CHC got the new MAS contract (includes the police machine I guess) which includes a new base in south west victoria??

Turkey

vpaw pilot
7th Feb 2008, 01:13
Big difference between wishful thinking and fact, chums...

And look at the pretty new hangar they are building adjacent to the 17 threshold.....

:ok:

lookatme
23rd Feb 2008, 22:44
ahh maybe a hangar but that dosn't mean that the cop's are being used for the ambo contract though!

vpaw pilot
24th Feb 2008, 00:41
Be patient, and all will be revealed...:E

yarpa
24th Feb 2008, 21:02
Turkey Slapper may be right, from what I hear there will be a new base in South West Victoria. It is about 5nm S/S/W from Essendon. Will be a small to medium air frame used for kids retrievals. Maybe the CHC crews will fly this one.

OWAP
24th Feb 2008, 21:09
Based at Tottenham Rail yards! Right under the flight path of Melbourne. Interesting place to put a new rapid response helicopter. :ugh:

yarpa
24th Feb 2008, 22:41
Sorry OWAP I was trying to be a little subtle and cryptic. Air Ambulance south west base will be at Docklands, you know Li%@Fl@#%t, got it now? You are right, it is more south, but turkeyslapper was almost on the money.

John Eacott
24th Feb 2008, 22:54
You are right, it is more south, but turkeyslapper was almost on the money.

Just a tad directionally challenged :hmm:

It's slightly east of south: about 165 from EN :p

rivnut
25th Feb 2008, 06:31
This is the State of Play.....
Air 495 (ambo) to continue to be crewed by VPAW for next few years
Air 490 (POL) to continue to be crewed by VPAW for next few years
New hangar being built at YMEN to house the above + extra 2 aircraft
Possible hospital retrieval helo to work out of YMEN crewed by contractor but not confirmed

OWAP
25th Feb 2008, 06:56
Air 490 (POL) to continue to be crewed by VPAW for next few years

Hey VPAW pilot, based on that you will have to change your name to VAW pilot in the 'next few years!' :eek:

Delta Torque
25th Feb 2008, 07:47
OWAP...you are a scalliwag..I wish I knew your secret identity..:eek:

vpaw pilot
25th Feb 2008, 07:49
Me too Delta...me too:ooh:

Mibus
25th Feb 2008, 08:36
Based on what I have read, the posts would appear to live up to the name of the site - rumours - excellent! From what I have heard through certain fly on the wall industry contacts is that CHC were notified today that they were being taken over by an American consortium, the contract still lingers through Vicpol's tardiness, the new hangar is full speed ahead and that the coppers are still going to fly the ambulance for the next 10 or so years. For what it's worth!

vpaw pilot
25th Feb 2008, 08:45
Oh, well...if you insist..:cool:

lookatme
12th Mar 2008, 01:23
Is there any truth, that the airwing are looking at getting there own fix wing aircraft for victoria?

OWAP
12th Mar 2008, 01:35
Lookatme,

You need to get a better informant. The Kennett Government stopped that years ago, don't know why they would want to start again!

O

Turkeyslapper
21st Apr 2008, 09:51
On the news tonight that Vic Government will be announcing funding for a new medical and SAR helo for the SW corner of the State. This has been on the boil for about 10-15 years now and rejected by Air Ambulance for a long time as not viable. Now it seems that the State Government has relented and will fund such a service. An announcement is due any day now (tomorrow I believe??)!!

This will be an interesting development to watch.

South West Rescue Chopper. (http://rescuechopper.org/index.php?pr=Home_Page)

Little bit further west than Docklands? Any ideas

CYHeli
21st Apr 2008, 10:44
I've heard that an EC135 is actually on order.:D
Soon, a total twin fleet.

I wonder how much the AS350 will be sold for?

Maybe WA could use it...:ugh:

Winch-control
21st Apr 2008, 12:39
CHC have been taken over..WA could def use it...! (Overseas operations ie outside Cananda not effected (apparently).:D