PDA

View Full Version : Rules of the Air? Download?

g-mady
6th Feb 2008, 11:15
Where can I find the latest complete publication of the rules of the air?
The OPSI website appears to have a list from 1991 and god knows how many ammendments! :ugh:
Is there not simply a latest publication with all ammendmants added to download??????

MADY

PS: I cant search this forum (too short words!)

Bravo73
6th Feb 2008, 12:24
When you say 'Rules of the Air', do you mean the ANO?

If so, you can download it here (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=226).

HTH

g-mady
6th Feb 2008, 14:18
Many thanks,

Just seen it section 2 of the ANO.

Also do you know when the next edition of LASORS is due?

MADY

Bravo73
6th Feb 2008, 14:49
Also do you know when the next edition of LASORS is due?

Nope, sorry. It should be soon though (considering as we are already in 2008!)

manfromuncle
6th Feb 2008, 15:14
Lasors 2008? Who cares? It only contains a "summary" of JAR FCL anyway. You either need to look at the full JARs, or get an answer in writing from the CAA.

NickLappos
6th Feb 2008, 21:59
Last time I looked carefully into the air, I saw no rules.
Do you mean "Rules of the Government?"

ShyTorque
6th Feb 2008, 22:37
Nick,

In the UK the government owns everything. It's their air. They make the rules. They tax us to use it.

They recycle air in London, in a big factory called "Parley, amen". When it comes out, it's hot and it often doesn't smell too good.

212man
7th Feb 2008, 00:37
Yeah, in the US the air is free to all. No problem anyone flying where ever they feel like. Oh, have I got that bit wrong? :confused:

It's so free that even as a Canadian or Brit I have to get approval to use a simulator as a 10,000 hour ATPL before I can enter the country. Something about being an Alien Flight Student.

Guess what: I don't any more :ugh:

NickLappos
7th Feb 2008, 01:11
212man,
I think you are peeved at me for asserting that Governments are the ones who make the rules and that rules are not natural. And you cite a few more insane rules to prove why you are peeved at me!!! If it were up to me, all you guys could come over, free, and spend your money, even if you are all a bit foreign and alien :ooh:

I can think of a LOT more insane rules that prove our mutual point!

tottigol
7th Feb 2008, 01:14
It's OK, this "alien" just got fingerprinted (again) for a type rating on the 139.
To think that the EMS program where I was repeatedly tried to make me fly illegals from Mexico to San Antonio (I told them to go away).
And I pay taxes.:hmm: