PDA

View Full Version : oat's skills assessment

sheenaroe
5th Feb 2008, 21:42
hi everyone,
just new to this site. i am due to retake compass next week at OAT and was wondering could anyone who has taken the physics test recently give me examples of some of the questions... coz altough i have a b in alevel physics it was a killer test and i really want to pass it this time.
any replys will be greatly appreciated.
sheena.x

SpamFritters
6th Feb 2008, 09:53
If you have already done it... don't you know?

And have a look in the OAT thread.. there are lots of examples there.

sheenaroe
6th Feb 2008, 09:59
hi,
yeah i have taken it tho it was 6mths ago and it could have changed

hollingworthp
6th Feb 2008, 12:31
it hasn't

oli4
6th Feb 2008, 14:04
just wondering where can i find this OAt thread with all these examples?

n90bar
6th Feb 2008, 15:16
I had to retake the physics test, and it was exactly the same questions. That was 2 years ago however. I am a student there now, and I am reasonably sure its still the same!! I did a load of work to get me through, and only got one more correct - if you can get the questions, then it would be a real help!

sheenaroe
6th Feb 2008, 17:39
This might sound cheeky but any chance of u seeking some of the questions out for me? or does anyone here no any of the questions already

nickyjsmith
6th Feb 2008, 17:53
I completed the assessment last August,was a little concerned about the Physics and maths due to the fact its a while since i passed my o level physics( yes o level!). It was pretty straight forward but to give myself the best chance i used the Oxford cd's for both subjects which can then be used for ATPL prep.
The questions where no problem, not up to o level, so if you can't get the cd's in time, get the gcse revision books and go for it!
Don't aim to pass, aim to answer all of them, if you have spare time, keep going at any unanswered questions. Make sure you go through everything before you put in your answer.(Not trying to teach anyone to suck eggs,just encourage)
Good luck to you all.
Nick.:ok:

oli4
6th Feb 2008, 17:54
think thats called cheating, if your not confident enough to go without knowing the questins that'll be on the paper i sugest u study harder. it wouldn't give me much confidence knowing my pilot had blagged their way through exams!.
good luck

madgewick
6th Feb 2008, 18:00
It's lucky that there's no spelling test!:bored:

oli4
6th Feb 2008, 18:01
yeah although i don't think they check grammer on forums......... well at least i hope not!

Adios
6th Feb 2008, 20:55
If you revise appropriately you should be able to pass it. If you lack a reasonable background in technical/mechanical concepts, you will have trouble with the test, but you would also have trouble passing the JAA theory exams, the oral briefings on check rides and the written exams on an eventual Type Rating course if you happen to get that far along without redressing your weakness in physics. Why would you want to cheat on a test that is largely designed to prevent you from wasting £75,000? Perhaps you think your money won't be wasted because OAA has a money back guarantee, but perhaps said guarantee makes them all the more careful who passes the assessment, as no FTO likes to give money back.

English testing is due to start this March in JAR land. I don't know how the FTOs will implement it, whether it will include spelling and grammar or if it will just be verbal comprehension tests, but like it or not, it is coming.

zuluflyer
7th Feb 2008, 14:28
if u got a b in a level how could you have failed it then it should have been a doodle i only got a c at a level and i passed it?
by the way r u at uni and which course r u doing

sheenaroe
7th Feb 2008, 19:46
the day i done it a man had a physics degree and failed it. no am not at uni am working. i have a b in maths aswell and found the maths easy but the physics is a hard subject for me. i cant do any more revision than i have done already so i hope it goes well for me.

Joffyh
7th Feb 2008, 20:33
Sheenaroe are you doing just the Compass and Technical tests again?

n90bar
8th Feb 2008, 18:38
I really don't think that having a higher grade in A level's necessarily suggest that you will do better in the technical tests, or indeed the ATPL theory. In our course some of the guys who didnt hold degress/a levels etc did better than the guys who did. In my opinion its how you absorb the vast amount if info and facts that you need to know for the exams - not about how academically gifted you are.

sheenaroe
10th Feb 2008, 09:45
no am repeating all of it. i passed day 2 but failed day 1 so have to repeat all of it

egrayton
11th Feb 2008, 18:28
sheenaroe
when is your your assessment?
a person i met at my last skills assessment is actually taking his test next week i cant remember if its the 13-14th or the 14th-15th

sheenaroe
15th Feb 2008, 09:10
i had my assesment 13th and 14th. passed everything even the physics tho dropped a mark in 2 bits of the compass from the last time. one man was letting me in another wasnt so i have been givin the chance to retake just the compass next month so hopefully will pass it next time

flyingman88
2nd Dec 2008, 13:35
myeguide.co.uk

Adios
2nd Dec 2008, 22:36
I hope the post above is not from a troll. Six whole posts so far and five of them pushing the MyEguide. This one posted on a thread last active 9 months ago, meaning it could only be found with the search engine. Maybe he should be in marketing instead of a wannabe.