PDA

View Full Version : My Life ahead of me

Charlie_boy
5th Feb 2008, 07:46
Ok Basically my Dream is to be a Pilot for BA or for another Airline and I would like to know my chances of achieving this....I personally think its very small but there may always be a chance

I am 18, I just did my GCSE's got 10 A*-C grades...I am doing do my A levels now and I am expected to get :- Geography (B), Biology (B) hopefully and a Pass in a course called Oracle academy

I have applied to University Next year to study Geography with Enviromental Studies

I have had around 5 hours flying Experience so far :O. If I wanted to become an airline pilot I know It would be a long haul struggle

What should I do to get along that pathway..Should I get my PPL while at University etc...Money won't be too much of a problem if I get a Part job. What should I do after Uni etc etc..Do I have to take Physics and Maths A level to have a chance

Thanks in advance guys:)

HappyFran
5th Feb 2008, 07:56
If you do a search in the Wannabees forum you will find all the answrs you need. Many people has asked the same questions and found them there,

For basic information check out the Gapan website

http://www.gapan.org/careers/pilotadvice.htm

Good Luck
Fran :)

SpamFritters
5th Feb 2008, 11:53
Uni is good if you want a backup.. although if it were me (as it will be in the coming year..) I will be going straight into training after A-Levels!

I don't think my heart would be in uni..

Good luck... and PM me if you want to chat on msn =)