PDA

View Full Version : Air Transport With Commercial Pilot Training- Uni/Cabair...

GeorgEGNT
4th Feb 2008, 17:57
Who's applied ? I've applied for the degrees at Kingston and New Bucks. Was also wondering, if anyone had done them in the past, I understand they're fairly new but someone on here must of done one.

Also, wondering if the answer to the last question is yes, what are they like? Is it really just an ATPL syllabus described as a degree? Surely you can go to cabair and do that straight away. Also what are the top up years like?

Thanks, George

hobbit1983
5th Feb 2008, 11:19
I did the BCUC (now "Bucks New Uni") one in it's second year of running (i.e. those who started it are now in their third year), but left after the first year. Why? Cos I couldn't afford the lump sum for the ATPL theory & hourbuilding, and also didn't particularly like the BCUC/Cabair/OFT combo. The degree was not that challenging, the facilites not awfully "uni-like" (compared to Southampton/Exeter/Norwich for example) however the coursemates were a top bunch of people. Cabair seemed to make an awful lot of cockups regarding money, their liason between students & themselves left an awful lot to be desired IMHO - they came across very much so as an uncaring large corporation far more interested in cash than customer service (I would hasten to add that the instructors were fine in all manners actually flying related). OFT is discussed elsewhere on this forum.

I'm now doing my ATPL theory/flying through Old Sarum & Bristol GS - both of which I'd highly recommend. Gonna go back and do the top up year at Kingston next year after I've got my fATPL :ok: