PDA

View Full Version : Complete Career Pilot Course

AvEnthusiast
4th Feb 2008, 11:18
Hello Airmen,

From viewing different threads, on flight training providers I found that even US is expensive for training. PPTC (Philippine Pilot Training Center) www.philippinepilot.com (http://www.philippinepilot.com) offers complete career pilot course means PPL,IR/CPL, ME for 32K which their factsheet state the this price includes (flight training of 200 hrs, ground shcool,books&pilot supplies, uniform, license cost, reserve on account, meals and accommodation) i can't paste their factsheet here due to fear of copyright.
So my point is that would it be real, please help. if someone has been their and got the training, comments are welcome. because if it's real, then maybe a nice place for many of us. and would be glad to know the advantage and disadvantages of this program and country.

Regards,
AvEnthusiast

AvEnthusiast
6th Feb 2008, 03:45
Hello Gents,

Please, provide any tips. I'm attracted by this program, but expats advices are always a good thing to have.

Regards,
AvEnthusiast

AvEnthusiast
18th Feb 2008, 10:35
I just wanted to bring it back to the new posts. If someone can advise.

weymouthuk
18th Feb 2008, 13:27
I grabbed this link off the net

http://www.bestaviation.net/school/philippine_pilot_training_center/

It doesnt confirm their authenticity but it does give an address and contact numbers which may help with further research?

Hope this helps.

Carl.

weymouthuk
18th Feb 2008, 13:30
Just found this as well, looks real enough??

http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/board/general-chat/civilian-pilot-license-1448.html

nick14
18th Feb 2008, 15:16
my advice is be VERY careful with these schools as they can often promise you everything and not deliver.

now please take everything I say with an open mind as im only one of many opinions.

A coursemate started his training with a school in america and was sorely dissapointed, so then he left and started training with us at a UK based school.

There is often a reason the schools are so cheap, sometimes its a valid one but sometimes it isnt.

Go visit the schools, ask around, ask for them to provide testimonials from previous students etc.

Its an expensive buisness aviation, but dont go cheap, otherwise thats what you will get. If your going to spend money do it with a big school that is recognised.

Also check the CAA website for the list of approved schools.

Im open to correction on any of the above.

Nick

abs_kols
18th Feb 2008, 15:44
to be honest the price mostly reflects the quality of instruction you get! there are a exceptions like in uk the cost of training for a fATPL is close to £60K but in the US it borders between £25-30K but training is very similar. But the best thing to do is research the school and better yet visit. Im goin for the pro pilot course at OFT and they seem very good and have connections in UK so for jaa license its suits me.
My advice find some place that suits you and check it out yourself.