PDA

View Full Version : Cross country time.

sparx007
4th Feb 2008, 07:57
HI all,

This may sound a daft question so forgive me but just need some confirmation......

Cross country flight time......what defines it??? To log it in the book what is required??? do full stop landing have to be made at detinations etc??? Also if one were to hour build in the states for example....how does logging XC time work out to credit the hours towards the JAA licences????

Cheers in advance for clearing this one up.

Sparx

acuba 290
4th Feb 2008, 08:24
"Cross-Country Flight: Any flight during the course of which the aircraft is more than 3nm from the aerodrome of departure" stays in LASORS ;)

sparx007
4th Feb 2008, 08:26
LASORS......que???!!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

sparx007
4th Feb 2008, 17:27
so if HBing in the USA for example.....i think i read somewhere that the XCountry definition is different for FAA..... if working towards a JAA licence in the USA, can you stil log time as XC it if only going 3nm from the field????

Cheers,

Sparx

BillieBob
5th Feb 2008, 14:43
No, he meant 3nm but that definition is specific to the privileges of a flight instructor [ANO Schedule 8, Part B] and has nothing at all to do with qualifying for a licence. There is, at present, no definition of cross country flight as it applies to the requirements for licence issue in the UK but, when the CAA finally get around to implementing the outstanding amendments to JAR-FCL 1, the definition will be "A flight between a point of departure and a point of arrival following a pre–planned route using standard navigation procedures." [JAR-FCL 1.001, Amendment 7]

sparx007
6th Feb 2008, 06:44
Cheers for the definition.....so does this simply mean flight to a turning point to a second turning point back to the airfield of departure for example....i.e. a Nav route.......or is a full stop required at a destination away from the departure airfield????

Also any info on logging XC time in the USA would be useful.....i guess again a nav route would suffice flying from point A to B to C....or would it??????

Sparx

PyroTek
6th Feb 2008, 07:16
would that technically mean a flight into the training area of my aerodrome would be classified as cross country?